Fran Brown | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m busy watching my Bears frustrate me. Give me some time to research!
Ok fair enough. I think you'll find SU has put more dbs into the NFL recently than has Fran Brown.

The "Consensus" hire is no longer an option. Every one of the remaining rumored coaches remaining have question marks. The University has already gone the FB subdivision route hoping to catch lightening in bottle. At this point you could make your argument against any of these candidates for different reasons.. There is no Home Run candidate sitting there. We can only hope this process yields a coach that makes the Orange more competitive in the ACC.
What's the argument against Sean Lewis? HC experience, turned around maybe the most difficult D-1 program and was 18-10 in the conference there, exciting offense.

If we up our recruiting to be middle of the ACC and utilize the portal due to this HC being a pied piper we’ll be fine

What about the actual "coaching" part?

Gait? The greatest lacrosse player ever.
That’s the standard for hiring a coach? Usually, the better the player the worse the coach. He has no resume for coaching men’s lacrosse.

Ugh. I want to like whoever we hire . . . . This is like hiring Chris Ash without the flare. I'll fully give him a chance, but this is not a Dan Mullen hire, it's not a Bob Chesney hire, it's not even a Jason Candle hire. This is a "slip slowly into the now G6 warm bath" hire.

It is very interesting that everyone is reporting this EXCEPT Pete Thamel. You'd think if it was actually done, he would've said something.
That’s because Thamel sucks.

Do you know what his staffing plan is?

I bet Wildhack does. And if Brown is hired that plan will be a big reason.

What did Marrone know about running any program?

How about Swinney? Pasqualoni? 4 yrs of D II HC experience

Dino was fine, his coaching wasn’t the problem, but it wasn’t spectacular either.

The problem was getting through a season being able to absorb injuries to what was to start the last two years a top 1/3rd ACC roster.

Dino improved the roster, just not enough.

This guy can get top notch groceries. You can hire guys to cook.
Dino’s coaching wasn’t the problem? Who have you been watching the last 8 years? Good lord

We are comparing a factory to a program that everyone has admitted relies on developing talent. Unfortunately, Fran Brown won’t have the luxury of guys like Hopkins, Higgins, Lawrence, Ettinne, Xavier Thomas, Simmons, that entire DL that is starting in the NFL their 2018 championship year, etc, etc, etc. I just don’t think it’s comparable. I would prefer an X’s and O’s HC who could game plan and win with less like a Marrone type.
Clemson wasn’t a factory when he took over.

IMG_1748.jpeg

Sorry if already posted

Syracuse is hiring the top recruiter in the nation who has seen a championship team built from the ground up. He has deep roots in the region and high level Power 5 experience.

And he will probably come in closer to 3 mill than 4, allowing us to spend on a top OC and DC

The more I read on this guy the more of a home run this feels like.

Syracuse is hiring the top recruiter in the nation who has seen a championship team built from the ground up. He has deep roots in the region and high level Power 5 experience.

The more I read on this guy the more of a home run this feels like.
A recruiter does not equal a head coach.

In fact, I would argue the opposite.

It's not.

Yeah, Swag Daddy never pulled talent 1/10th as well as Fran has, and at every place he’s been.

He’s not a great recruiter because he’s at UGA.
He’s at UGA, because he’s a great recruiter.

He’s a great recruiter, period.

X’s and O’s?? Who knows.
Hopefully we save enough on him to hire experienced studs for OC and DC.

Fran can do the Dino CEO HC bit, only he’s also an all-world recruiter.

Dino wasn’t. At all.

Ugh. I want to like whoever we hire . . . . This is like hiring Chris Ash without the flare. I'll fully give him a chance, but this is not a Dan Mullen hire, it's not a Bob Chesney hire, it's not even a Jason Candle hire. This is a "slip slowly into the now G6 warm bath" hire.
Why are Bob Chesney and Jason Candle so great? Other than them being HC’s and winners at lower level programs where they have distinct advantages to their peers?

They’re both milk toast and there is no guarantee either would be succesful here. I personally think Candle would be a disaster.

Last edited:
None of your nonsense was important. This hire will suck, I really don't see it going well. And the idea we reboot a few years down the road is terrible, when a coach guts the team. Love or hate Dino, were better today than we were in 2015.
The fact you don't see it going well doesn't mean a thing as far as how it actually plays out. Only time will tell if SU football will suck for the next few years.
Comparing this team to 2015 is irrelevant. How was this team compared to last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom