Fran Brown | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are a swing game away or so from a bowl team for about the last 6 yrs other than Covid yr. A player or 2 makes a big difference.

Even this yr we survived a huge turnover at corner because we had more depth at other spots. Depending on what we lose we dont need to replace half the kids, we just need 2-3 who are playmakers to add to the mix. We have a team of nice players but no play makers.

And if he is a recruiter I would think the first job is to review the roster and have the discussions.
Seems like he has possibly already communicated with the Camden contingent on our roster

Georgia has three of the top 10 2024 recruits in the country coming in, including the top quarterback recruit in the country. It would be really really hard to flip any of them but you never know.

Crazy development. I hope he is able to get the job done. Worried with no head coaching experience.

Georgia has three of the top 10 2024 recruits in the country coming in, including the top quarterback recruit in the country. It would be really really hard to flip any of them but you never know.

Not really thinking about any kid flipping but would like some of Georgia's leftovers that Fran has been in communication with.

we are a swing game away or so from a bowl team for about the last 6 yrs other than Covid yr. A player or 2 makes a big difference.

Even this yr we survived a huge turnover at corner because we had more depth at other spots. Depending on what we lose we dont need to replace half the kids, we just need 2-3 who are playmakers to add to the mix. We have a team of nice players but no play makers.

And if he is a recruiter I would think the first job is to review the roster and have the discussions.
It wouldn’t be stretch for me to think that a healthy Gadsden would have meant a couple more wins this year. Losing him was really tough.

It wouldn’t be stretch for me to think that a healthy Gadsden would have meant a couple more wins this year. Losing him was really tough.
Gasden and a QB whose arm didnt fall off. The whole issue with Shrader is we could never stretch the field and then we couldnt throw more than 10 yds down field.

Gasden would have been our Kelce if we could have thrown the deep ball.

If he can bring in one Dynamic WR and get Gasden to stay and we find a QB to add to the roster to spread the field the offense becomes servicable when with the oline we have.

Lets see who leaves on D and how that plays out. need to find a pass rush for sure.

2173448853_e785df879c_b.jpg

This is definitely a high risk, high reward type of situation (and I am for those type of moves here). I’m sure he crushed it in the interview process but a first time HC is always a big risk. Who Fran hires for his staff is going to be of immense importance for the success of this team. I’m very intrigued to see what happens. Really hoping we aren’t counting our pennies when hiring the coaching staff. You have to imagine our recruiting will see an uptick with this hire, which is certainly needed.

I have been openly hoping for Dan Mullen for weeks now so this is a complete 180 departure from that. It’s a ballsy move by Wildhack, I’ll give him that. I honestly did not think he had that in him.

I’m cautiously optimistic. Fran’s got my full support!

So it was posted here that a lot of Syracuse players suddenly followed Mullen when he was thought to be coming here, I wonder if they are now following Fran Brown.

Those are the guys that may be tired of sitting on the bench for a year and jump in the portal... oh look, already has a connection with cuse and probably an easy way to the starting position.

I’m just curious on when he’s going to start?

Can he speak to recruits if he’s still at UGA? Would he leave UGA now? After their last game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom