Fran Brown | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nunes article does mention McNabb on the search team not exactly thrilled with that.

Agreed. What the committee really needs is an alum; a parent of a Syracuse student; a person of color; a former Syracuse player; a former NFL player; a player who was all-conference calibre; a player who was all-pro calibre; a University Trustee; someone who's got deep pockets, etc.

Who knows, maybe Donovan will use the collective football savants of syracusefan.com as a proxy to offer insight and cast his vote? We have a few folks that fit some of that criteria.

Gonna ask my wife if she knows who Sam Elliot is. BRB.
Sarcastic Ashton Kutcher GIF by Academy of Country Music Awards

You know what they say, great things happen in twos...

Adrian "Red" Autry, Head Men's Basketball Coach at Syracuse, coached at Paul VI HS in 2007.

Fran Brown, the new Head Football Coach at Syracuse, coached at Paul VI HS in 2010.

The SU AD must think that the most important coaching qualification for staying relevant in the NIL age is being a recruiter. If the talent you develop is going to go elsewhere when they can then you need someone who can replace them quickly.

But if money is the main draw for good talent, then a good recruiter isn't going to overcome that disadvantage. Maybe the donors are looking for evidence that we can get talent here before investing. If so, then someone like Brown can make sense even if he sucks at everything else. He can set a precedent if nothing else.
The same skills that get kids to come to your college can get grown men to write fat checks to your NIL program.

EVERYTHING boils down to recruiting.

Last edited:
Taking an hour or two off from these coach threads makes me feel like Han Solo coming out of Carbonite.

"Fran Brown's the new Syracuse Head Coach?! I'm out of it for a little while, everybody gets delusions of grandeur."

Taking an hour or two off from these coach threads makes me feel like Han Solo coming out of Carbonite.

"Fran Brown's the new Syracuse Head Coach?! I'm out of it for a little while, everybody gets delusions of grandeur."
Fran, I love you. I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors