Fran Fraschilla | Syracusefan.com

Fran Fraschilla

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Is it just me or did he repeat a few things practically verbatim several times

Off the top of my head:
1. Waiters is the most underrated player in college basketball
2. I like to call Scoop hot rod

Yup. Repeating notes on a sheet of paper. Everything they know they are briefed on before the game. They are so concerned with saying the right things and checking off their "checklist" of things to say that they do not REALLY watch the game like fans do.

Also, they are afraid to share their personal opinions because they are afraid Bristol will disagree. They do not dare stray from the script. It's almost like an outsourced customer service company who starts stuttering if asked a question outside of the box.

What a terrible job to never share your own personal opinion on a matter.

Screw 'em go Cuse.

It's almost like he was trying to start controversy about Dion not starting, and continually saying he is(present tense) an NBA player, as if encouraging him to leave ASAP... and giving reasons why his game will be better in the NBA. I know it may sound like I am reaching here, but when tv announcers start singing your praises like that, it gets inside of a kid's head and may have an influence later on if he is on the fence. Maybe I'm selfish, but I'd love to see Dion back next year.

It's almost like he was trying to start controversy about Dion not starting, and continually saying he is(present tense) an NBA player, as if encouraging him to leave ASAP... and giving reasons why his game will be better in the NBA. I know it may sound like I am reaching here, but when tv announcers start singing your praises like that, it gets inside of a kid's head and may have an influence later on if he is on the fence. Maybe I'm selfish, but I'd love to see Dion back next year.
You are selfish and despicable in wanting Dion back. I want him back too.

I want everyone on the team back next year, except for Scoop and KJo. Those two are bums. :D

Is it just me or did he repeat a few things practically verbatim several times

Off the top of my head:
1. Waiters is the most underrated player in college basketball
2. I like to call Scoop lightening rod
fixed

..why want Scoop and KJ back next year...particularly if Melo and Waiters leave...???(forget about graduating and NBA calling)...THEN ALL WE WOULD HEAR IS WE ARE 14 DEEP...but no go to player...

I thought Fran did a pretty good job during the game. He obviously loves our team and has great respect for Boeheim. Knew his stuff about Dion and his attitude stuff last year...the whole transformation physically and mentally. Knew his stuff about Fab, Fair, etc. Mentioned how Joseph's outside shooting has improved a lot over the last two years, which is not something everyone knows about. My favorite comment came right before a commercial break when Southerland had a nice putback. I believe he said, "Most people don't even know who he is! That's what I mean when I say this team is deep!"

I thought he was pretty bad last night.
He mentioned during Nova's "run" to cut the lead that "this Syracuse team has yet to play a tight game"-
said it several times. What about Stanford & VT?
He also repeated the "underrated" Dion Waiters stuff- which should probably be the "unknown" DW.
Anyone who's ever seen this team more than once can tell you who DW is.
He just doesn't seem to bring much to the broadcast other than cliche's & talking points.

He's no Bilas or Rafftery, thats for sure.:blah:

I thought he was pretty bad last night.
He mentioned during Nova's "run" to cut the lead that "this Syracuse team has yet to play a tight game"-
said it several times. What about Stanford & VT?
He also repeated the "underrated" Dion Waiters stuff- which should probably be the "unknown" DW.
Anyone who's ever seen this team more than once can tell you who DW is.
He just doesn't seem to bring much to the broadcast other than cliche's & talking points.

He's no Bilas or Rafftery, thats for sure.:blah:

I noticed that too... Which struck me as odd b/c I had a twitter convo with him about Stanford deserving to be top 25 a few weeks ago. His comment was roughly: Stanford had cuse on ropes for 38 minutes... So he had to know.

I for 1 am a big fan of Fran... But he was not his game last night

Fran seemed like he forgot to drink his orange haterade yesterday. I'm worried about his electrolytes.

It's not officially an SU basketball game until the announcer mentions about Fab's weight loss and Dion's attitude change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom