Francesca absolutely killing Nova for rushing the court yesterday | Syracusefan.com

Francesca absolutely killing Nova for rushing the court yesterday

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Pretty funny, absolutely destroying there fans.

I dont see anything wrong with it. Francesa would kill his own mother for donating a kidney to save his life.

adults need to quit being so pious telling kids what to do. that might be the best home win those kids at nova have during their 4 years. have at it.

Dont shoot the messenger, just passing it along.

adults need to quit being so pious telling kids what to do. that might be the best home win those kids at nova have during their 4 years. have at it.

I find these discussions really funny. Well, not that funny since I can't handle Francesca for more than like 30 seconds, but still ... Let's end this discussion by all agreeing on one thing: If you're 20, you've had a few beers and you feel like running onto the court ... have at it. seriously, who the f cares? If the SU students wanted to rush the floor after beating Colgate, I wouldn't really care -- give me a few beers and I'll join in. So pointless.

Yeah, first of all, Francesca sucks, and second of all, rushing the court is fun!

Yes, it was such a tragedy. All those young people who had their whole lives in front of them - gone.

Seriously, what a dumb thing to criticize. It's been a while since 'Nova had something to really cheer about, and their future is a bit uncertain. Their new league looks OK, but still, they are losing some big rivalries, and things will never be the same.

As long as no one got hurt.

Fans who do it make it look like they never expected their team would win.
Very lame...unless it's the NC game or a monumental upset.
Plus the potential danger...like that guy in wheelchair at NC State.

The NC game?

images

It's possible that if Kentucky ever beats a top ranked team that their fans will rush the court as well.

Given their conference opponent, March 9th vs Florida will likely be it. Heck, they could have 10-12 losses by then.

Why do you care what the kids do? It's just kids having fun. Find something else to worry about.
And who uses the word lame anymore?

He then went on a rant about the dangers of binge drinking and told kids of all ages to slow down when on the roads

Let's end this discussion by all agreeing on one thing: If you're 20, you've had a few beers and you feel like running onto the court ... have at it.

I say don't even wait until the end of the game. Any timeout or pause in the action will do. Inbounds play? I'm there.

Why do you care what the kids do? It's just kids having fun. Find something else to worry about.
And who uses the word lame anymore?

Obviously, I use the word "lame"...sometimes in memory of one of my favorite people at SU.
No one overused that word more.

Yeah...it's all fun and games.
Until someone gets hurt or worse and a school gets sued.
Then the "fun" gets banned.
And that will happen.

I LOVE rushing the court.

When at a game as a neutral (usually only want to go to games as a neutral if one is ranked usually the opponent) I always join in if the home team pulls the upset even if its not my team.

Stick to pro sports if you don't like it.

The players love it anyways they deserve those kinds of memories for all the time and effort they put it playing for free most teams aren't like SU where everyone who plays big minutes will have a pro career.

I'm trying to imagine a bunch of drunk 18 year olds going, "Hey guys...lets act like we've been here before...lets not rush the court and get on tv."

I'm trying to imagine a bunch of drunk 18 year olds going, "Hey guys...lets act like we've been here before...lets not rush the court and get on tv."

Yeah, right? Nobody says that when your hammered on a weekday and you just beat a top 10 team. They want to get on TV.

Without hearing it, I'm sure Francesa was saying that by rushing the court, the Villanova fans are stating that they never expected to beat a team the caliber of a Louisville. We all understand what he's saying. And if this was the Villanova of the '80's and '90's I'd whole-heartedly agree.

What that fat, arrogant douchebag doesn't understand is that the days of Villanova being an elite team that can consistently compete and not be surprised to beat those big programs are gone. Sure there was a Final Four a few years back but for the most part, Villanova has been one of those schools that always takes a few years off between great seasons. The fact that the Big East is done and those non-football schools are going to be left competing with Canisius and St. Bonaventure for recruits does not portend a rosy future for 'Nova.

Those kids want to rush the court? Then rush the damn court and tell that bloated windbag to shut the f**k up.

he should be killing their fans that didn't show up not the ones that rushed the court, the upper deck was completely empty

as far as im concerned, it appears as if the nova fanbase knows their hoop team sucks and a win over who used to be their equal is now monumentous.

feel bad for nova.

all their games will be on campus in 5 years.