Frank and Chukwu were practically worthless out there | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Frank and Chukwu were practically worthless out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank 0
Buddy 4

And that’s not a condemnation of Buddy. Just a response to a specific comment.
can you go back an watch the florida state game because there were plenty of 3's made over frank.

I remember one specific play where Frank was out of position and it led to a 3. Faulty math here.

You are right. I was off by one...with Buddy. He only had 3. Frank was 0.

can you go back an watch the florida state game because there were plenty of 3's made over frank.

How many are plenty? Can we go back to Pitt when Frank had 4 steals and some big baskets and JB said we don’t win without him?

I've seen Frank not get out on shooters pretty consistently.

Twice in the last 2 games (if that’s what you call it). Not any more or less than Tyus or Buddy.

I actually think hes dialed it waaay back this year. In years past, frank and pascal would have gotten filleted in yesterday’s presser.

I think that's true to a degree but I also think he's selective on who he hammers and who he goes easy on.

Twice in the last 2 games (if that’s what you call it). Not any more or less than Tyus or Buddy.

If Buddy is anywhere near as effective as Frank on defense (whose defensive effectiveness is wildly overstated by some on this board btw) then the PT nod goes to Buddy. He's been much more effective on the offensive end and the team plays much better when he's on the floor. As JB said, Frank can not get around anybody and he sure as hell is nowhere near the shooter that Buddy is.

If Buddy is anywhere near as effective as Frank on defense (whose defensive effectiveness is wildly overstated by some on this board btw) then the PT nod goes to Buddy. He's been much more effective on the offensive end and the team plays much better when he's on the floor. As JB said, Frank can not get around anybody and he sure as hell is nowhere near the shooter that Buddy is.

Well first, it’s not really close. But second, it’s not even what I was commenting on. But some of the embellishers changed it.

Well first, it’s not really close. But second, it’s not even what I was commenting on. But some of the embellishers changed it.

Not even worth discussing with you, but if you're insinuating that people should lay off Frank because he is undervalued here because of his defense then I would like to ask you to look at the Virginia Tech tape and get back to me.

Not even worth discussing with you, but if you're insinuating that people should lay off Frank because he is undervalued here because of his defense then I would like to ask you to look at the Virginia Tech tape and get back to me.

Lol

I think the venom is interesting, and support too. PC isn't getting as hammered because he has clearly won some games for us and body language wise seems to be engaged and giving effort, but fails usually due to lack of skill.

frank's body language does him no favors, nor does his track record which clearly shows he can play better but currently is not playing well (nor does he seem engaged). Now we don't know whether he is or not but how you carry yourself matters in the court of public opinion.

All that said - we need PC to play well more than Frank in my opinion and honestly I'm most concerned about Hughes who seems to have lost his shooting eye, his hand eye coordination and ability to stand in recent weeks.

This narrative that FH is this defensive stalwart is fantasy imo. He's good at poking the ball loose in the lane but he's flat footed, not all that quick and not all that active.

The advanced analytics indicate that Frank is still a good defender albeit down from last year. I’m no Frank apologist but the decline in defensive effectiveness may be tied to the injury.

PC is top 10 nationally in DBPM. He was 4th in the country last year. We would all like to see him rebound more but he is impacting games defensively.

Frank is killing the team with his how slow he plays.
The guy is long but man his lack of speed hurts on defense and he won’t do anything but shoot on offense.

This... And he's noticeably slower than last year...

When he has had a good game of late, he's drained a few 3s and gotten a floater or two around the top of the key...

Scoring covers warts, but his ability to run the offense from PG at a requisite pace to be consistently effective is a serious question at this point.

He's as inconsistent as ever and now a step slower.

And Carey is a complete train wreck at this point.

Battle is going to have take over from here on out methinks.

It is what it is.

Last edited:
This narrative that FH is this defensive stalwart is fantasy imo. He's good at poking the ball loose in the lane but he's flat footed, not all that quick and not all that active.

Enjoy the fantasy.

How’s the weather on top of the soapbox?

Lol. Some of you are funny. Ask a question, get an answer, don’t like the answer, change the topic. Wash, rinse, dry.

Nooww, I’ll get off my soapbox.

How’s the weather on top of the soapbox?

Don't waste your time with him. Frank is in a deep funk this year and lately his play is very, very disturbing. No one has the answer but our best line-up right now doesn't include him on the floor, and Bees is the only one who doesn't see it. We are always trailing 7 minutes into the game and after the first substitution we go on a run. Coincidence I guess. Here's a LOL for him.

Don't waste your time with him. Frank is in a deep funk this year and lately his play is very, very disturbing. No one has the answer but our best line-up right now doesn't include him on the floor, and Bees is the only one who doesn't see it. We are always trailing 7 minutes into the game and after the first substitution we go on a run. Coincidence I guess. Here's a LOL for him.
All he has said is that Frank hasn't been as bad as many posters have claimed. And provided stats to back up that opinion.

The usual response is deflection or changing of the subject (see: this thread). And frankly (no pun intended - well, maybe a little ;) ), you haven't seen many of the vile, venomous posts made about Frank, as they have no place on this board.

Is Frank playing as well as last year? Obviously, no. If the implication is that Bees has said Frank should be playing more or can't play any better, the answer is the same. Obviously, no.

All he has said is that Frank hasn't been as bad as many posters have claimed. And provided stats to back up that opinion.

The usual response is deflection or changing of the subject (see: this thread). And frankly (no pun intended - well, maybe a little ;) ), you haven't seen many of the vile, venomous posts made about Frank, as they have no place on this board.

Is Frank playing as well as last year? Obviously, no. If the implication is that Bees has said Frank should be playing more or can't play any better, the answer is the same. Obviously, no.

Where were the stats? I must have missed them.

I did see some numbers done on a notepad from the privacy of a living room.

Yea, don’t waste your time with the person who isn’t exaggerating, embellishing, going over the top or making things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom