Frank Anselem: Remember him? | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem: Remember him?

So Frank is last one up, right?
If Frank comes back, we have 9 guys who can play...otherwise our 8 man rotation is set, imo

Forgive me if this has been well discussed, but can Frank be a 4 / 5 this year?

Forgive me if this has been well discussed, but can Frank be a 4 / 5 this year?

Edwards would seem like the guy to play a little 4 versus all the recruited 5s.

so I asked my plug, gun to head, what's the roster for next year for the Orange and this is what I got

Guards - JG3, Buddy, Symir, 4th mid major transfer who has 2+ years left (the sell job is there is opportunity for a role this year and to beat out Symir and there is a role next year too).

Forwards - we're rolling with Benny, Jimmy Jr, Swider

Centers - Sid and Jesse only

I asked only 2 centers and only 3 forwards? Seriously? and I got "Frank is 50/50 right now and leaning to dipping out. If emergency, Jimmy Jr will slide into the C spot. And for the forwards, emergency, Buddy will slide down"

With Owens, that's only 10 scholarship players so we have to grab someone else in addition to this and I really think they wait this out and see if any "leftovers" are left with no other options or even reclass.

If anyone is excited for this team, yikes...
I am excited for EVERY SU team.

I bet w the transfer portal that guys dont enter it until they know where theyre headed. I know thats not how its supposed to work but i think once you enter your name in, the school doesnt have to hold your spot. Therefore, any alleged delay might just be frank hasnt found his landing spot. Or hes coming back. But the delay means little because youd be dumb to enter your name into the portal without knowing where youll end up.

this might be captain obvious, so apologies if im late to the party.

I bet w the transfer portal that guys dont enter it until they know where theyre headed. I know thats not how its supposed to work but i think once you enter your name in, the school doesnt have to hold your spot. Therefore, any alleged delay might just be frank hasnt found his landing spot. Or hes coming back. But the delay means little because youd be dumb to enter your name into the portal without knowing where youll end up.

Pretty sure that’s tampering. Not to say it isn’t happening.

I think FA is legitimately on the fence and hasn’t made up his mind. He might be waiting for some more dominoes to fall. There are a ton of quality bigs still in the portal, including Tre Mitchell.

With over 1300 guys in the portal (last time I checked) are you saying that all of them had a destination before they entered their names in?

Not sure if this has been discussed, but does he have to announce anything at all? I've found myself eagerly waiting for an announcement that he'll be staying, but them thought more about it. Why should a player currently on the roster need to announce anything... it should be assumed unless there is a distinct reason not to. Right?

Not sure if this has been discussed, but does he have to announce anything at all? I've found myself eagerly waiting for an announcement that he'll be staying, but them thought more about it. Why should a player currently on the roster need to announce anything... it should be assumed unless there is a distinct reason not to. Right?

Doesn't have to announce a thing.

Especially if he was never planning on going anywhere in the first place.

So it’s safe to say we’re all pretty confident he’s staying then right? That is until CR makes a post about him definitely staying of course.
I don't want to think too much about this to guard against possible disappointment if he ends up leaving. However, if he stays, wow, what a group of centers we would have next year. Also, it would provide much needed depth in case Sidibe or Jesse get injured.

I could see if Q comes back he could be thinking about it given our propensity to go small using a F at the 5 but hopefully he stays in all scenarios

I could see if Q comes back he could be thinking about it given our propensity to go small using a F at the 5 but hopefully he stays in all scenarios

Our small ball only goes back to Lydon, correct? Others with a better memory can confirm. I don't think it's what Boeheim prefers and there was clearly a good reason to have used Marek in the way that he did (although that should have been much less as Jesse could have been utilized more, in my opinion). I'm really tired with playing guys out of rotation and with Frank coming back (hopefully) should nix some of that.

Our small ball only goes back to Lydon, correct? Others with a better memory can confirm. I don't think it's what Boeheim prefers and there was clearly a good reason to have used Marek in the way that he did (although that should have been much less as Jesse could have been utilized more, in my opinion). I'm really tired with playing guys out of rotation and with Frank coming back (hopefully) should nix some of that.

Some would argue that Christmas was a 4 who was frequently played out of position.

Obviously he didn't have the perimeter skills that a forward is expected to have today, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom