Frank Howard | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard

I don't care that he gets criticized; he deserves the criticism, but I think it's misplaced to put the bulk of it on his physical abilities (ballhandling). I don't think it's a secret that his problems start and end with what's going on between his ears.

What's between my ears has been my problem my whole life!

Gbinijie was a SF/SG recruited by Duke. He then came here and was groomed to play PG because the staff knew Kaleb couldn’t hack it. He bailed us out.

Howard was recruited to be a PG.

Wasn’t the point. He had done nothing as a SF either.

Frank is not a pure point so there will be some issues at the 1 over the course of the season. That said, there are no viable quality options on this team right now that will change that. Geno Thorpe is gone and HW can not beat anyone or create in the half court set at this stage in his career. Tyus does not see the floor well enough and his handle is not ACC pg level. Frank plays good D and is long at the top of the zone which helps to create some turnovers/steals (hopefully making up for some of his on TO's on the offensive side), but he also can crate his own shot in the half court set which is desperately needed on this team right now. Frank will play 36-40 min a game this year on a team we are hoping can skate into the NCAA Tourney (we are not winning the NC or making a Final Four run #captainobvious). He will also be our starting pg next year so the more he grows learns and develops the better off we will be when we have the pieces in place with a very good team in 2018-19.

If it were my team this year, I would push the ball off every turnover and rebound no matter the numbers. You don't have to attack the rim but getting the ball up the court would create potential transition and semi-transition opportunities, allow for more time in the half court set to help our plays and find space as well as minimize the ball pressure the Frank has been experiencing. Teams have already started loose pressing us just to eat the shot clock. IMO we need to get out and run a lot more with the size and athletes we have on this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom