Frank | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Frank

Anyone know what happened to that dude?

He was able to open the 9th gate. I believe fear of his power to corrupt likely has him on the run from the Government. That doesn't leave a guy much time to post. :(

Man if this kid keeps this up, does he leave? Talk about a nightmare scenario.
I say this with all seriousness, he gone hes got elite measurables
Howard isn't even the best PG on the team and suddenly he's going to leave for the NBA after his soph year because he looked good against South Carolina State?

Gotta love this forum.

I may be remembering it wrong, but I think toward the very end of the season when he faced that oaf Kennedy Meeks, he was realllllly disappointing to me. Maybe someone else can confirm or correct me.

It was Okafor at Duke...twice. I'm still amazed by it. Christmas just couldn't catch a break in those two games.

You dont think he's capable of reform after that long of a sentence? I think he might do even better than the "contrite Bill Clinton", if you remember that. I mean, he always can be re-****ed if need be. It's not like he stole your clothes off the line or something.

In a word: no. That guy introduced himself to the board by coming guns blazing with personal attacks against me. So, no I do not think this is better place with him. I didn't actually know that he had been banned because I had him blocked (only person I have ever blocked on any message board since Al Gore invented this crazy thing we call the interwebs). He must have gone after someone more important than me because nobody was banning him for that!

In a word: no. That guy introduced himself to the board by coming guns blazing with personal attacks against me. So, no I do not think this is better place with him. I didn't actually know that he had been banned because I had him blocked (only person I have ever blocked on any message board since Al Gore invented this crazy thing we call the interwebs). He must have gone after someone more important than me because nobody was banning him for that!

He was one of the very few I blocked as well. But then I unblocked because I missed the comedy of it all.

I may be remembering it wrong, but I think toward the very end of the season when he faced that oaf Kennedy Meeks, he was realllllly disappointing to me. Maybe someone else can confirm or correct me.

That's the game where the refs allowed Meeks to basically assault people on both ends of the floor and ROC was called every time he tapped Meeks. He wasn't allowed to body him up. Not much you can do as a player when the calls are that lopsided.

Seriously. We gotta pump the brakes. It's like a bunch of posters take a bunch of Molly and start gushing with these posts.

It does look like Howard has made a huge leap and transformation. It is still so early and the competition only starts to get better!

Yeah, I don't know that we can compare Howard to Rak at this point. For one thing Rak made a phenomenal jump out of nowhere (in my opinion) whereas Howard played key minutes and fared pretty well on a team that went to the final four last year. There was certainly qeustion as to how good he could be but I don't think many are surprised that's he's become a pretty key contributor on this team.

The other difference with Rak is that he had one of the most consistent seasons I can ever remember a Syracuse hoops player having from game 1-the last game. I'm sure there are some like Melo and others, but Rak was in double-figures in all but two games (scored at least 15 in 23 of 31) and at least 8 rebounds in 23 of 31. He also played less than 35 minutes a total of 3 times in ACC play, which was huge as he was absolutely indispensable for that team.

Howard has a long way to get to that level.

Having said that, he has looked really, really solid which is a big step forward. Confidence is there, stroke looks great and he has made a ton of plays. Howard had 11 assists in that game but easily could have been around 15. He had four passes into the post that yielded no points in the first four minutes of that game but were really, really good looks. He's played some excellent basketball.

PeteCalvin said:
That's the game where the refs allowed Meeks to basically assault people on both ends of the floor and ROC was called every time he tapped Meeks. He wasn't allowed to body him up. Not much you can do as a player when the calls are that lopsided.

That's how I remember it too.

frank is clumsier running the break than i thought he might be. secondly why do our guys drive , force shots and never dish to the wide open trailer ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom