Frank | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank

He's nasty. He's mad at the defense mad at himself and wants to do better every time. I love it.
Not sure if you caught it in the audio, but when he was called for traveling in the first half he said, "He tripped me" to the referee. I love that fight over a meaningless play in a meaningless game, it shows he cares. He plays mad, which our other bigs do not. I think that is a good quality for a big man to have.

I think he took to heart the part of the GG speech where Blake says "Get mad you sons of bitches, get mad!". Unlike Rak this guy isnt waiting til his senior year, or even the offseason, his jump is likely going to be during this season. It will be fun to watch him get even better.

Ahhh CaptainJ don't disappear for so long again. Mantonio used to do that and now he's MIA.

Not sure if you caught it in the audio, but when he was called for traveling in the first half he said, "He tripped me" to the referee. I love that fight over a meaningless play in a meaningless game, it shows he cares. He plays mad, which our other bigs do not. I think that is a good quality for a big man to have.

I could see he said something but didn't hear it. I love that he seems to ratchet the intensity up for everyone. He plays with an edge.

SoBe, what kind of axe are you reticent to use on account of it's value being that of several cars? Are talking a 57 Les Paul or something like that or some hand guilded boutique guitar? Just curious... I've been playing for 50 years... since I was knee high to a grasshopper so to speak and I've got... well, I guess you could call it a guitar collection.

Man I cant imagine ripping guitar solos in MSG! I remember when I saw Pearl Jam play there the first time... They said it was the place they dreamed of playing.

I had tickets for the second of 2 nights but drove down the first night with some people I had just met, because most cities you can find scalpers easily. We couldnt find any due to police cracking down on them supposedly. But...I was standing there and who walks toward me with a huge bodyguard but one Jay Mohr! He said "You boys looking for tickets?!?". I said, "Yes, do you have any?!?". He replied with "No!", and laughed at us as he walked by with his oaf of a boduguard. It didnt happen right away because it took awhile to process, but I've been bitter at him ever since, lol.

Anyhow, don't do me like Jay Mohr! After the show, maybe I can buy you a drink and we can talk SU hoops and whatever else? Take you time deciding, but maybe do it for the children. Look at Tom Brady. he's pushing 40 and is still performing at an elite level in a sport that's tough to do so! Do it for America?

Ah, not a guitarist gents. Cellist. Our instruments are worth more frankly. Much less sex-appeal, though. You know your guitars though, Flacusian!! I'm not sure what Caffrey and Pitrelli of TSO play on. Can ask. Probably something ghetto I bet. Tours are rigorous and unfortunately there is lots of doubling/Pro Tools software pumping a general mix into the arena. I just play a couple of the big cello solos and mostly just accompany.

Man I cant imagine ripping guitar solos in MSG! I remember when I saw Pearl Jam play there the first time... They said it was the place they dreamed of playing.

I had tickets for the second of 2 nights but drove down the first night with some people I had just met, because most cities you can find scalpers easily. We couldnt find any due to police cracking down on them supposedly. But...I was standing there and who walks toward me with a huge bodyguard but one Jay Mohr! He said "You boys looking for tickets?!?". I said, "Yes, do you have any?!?". He replied with "No!", and laughed at us as he walked by with his oaf of a boduguard. It didnt happen right away because it took awhile to process, but I've been bitter at him ever since, lol.

Anyhow, don't do me like Jay Mohr! After the show, maybe I can buy you a drink and we can talk SU hoops and whatever else? Take you time deciding, but maybe do it for the children. Look at Tom Brady. he's pushing 40 and is still performing at an elite level in a sport that's tough to do so! Do it for America?

That's a dick move by Mohr!! Insert Spicoli quote for Mr. Hand, ha.

I knew about Rak and Frank before it all happened! I hate not being surprised. :)

I am with you. I was vocal about giving Rak the damn ball way before his senior year, and everyone knows how much I love howard.

None of this surprises me.

Ahhh CaptainJ don't disappear for so long again. Mantonio used to do that and now he's MIA.

I'm not allowed to say the name ******io, or under threat of facing the same fate as him. However, if more respected members like you would join me in asking for clemency and reinstatement by the comish, some forgiveness like Jesus and others have tought, I'd love to have ******io back. For now, maybe I can be the poor man's ******io...but I am hoping to see this board more complete with him instead of having to go to syracuse.com to see his work. Dont get me wrong, they are good to me there, but I'd rather be able to spend most of my time at one place, rather than splitting it. I havent seen him on there yet this season. Anyhow, please join me in #Free******io!!

Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot to me. Sometimes, certain people like myself get sensitive about certain behaviors that don't bother others in the same way, and excuse ourselves for a time. I really do love this board and ideally I would like to avoid that, but can't promise it. Also, I seem to get ****ed by the ***s at least once per season, which really is hurtful and makes it harder to share the things I'm passionate about. I hope we can make this place more inclusive again...a big tent. Are you with me? Is anyone? Or should I just shut up? I dont mind be a spectacle, but I want to use my powers for good and help those who don't have a voice, as I feel compelled knowing the words of the great masters throughout history. I think in our hearts we could forgive ******io, and maybe even C*** ***K, and of course BRNCUSEFEVERCUSE, and allow them back to share their art as well. I probably say this at risk, and I dont wish to say it often and be seen as a "bad guy", but I seriously feel compelled from my inner being to follow the golden rule. I'd want someone to stick their neck out for me too if I was in their shoes. When you love universally, sometimes it feels like your responsibility increases.

I am with you. I was vocal about giving Rak the damn ball way before his senior year, and everyone knows how much I love howard.

None of this surprises me.

You guys are sooooooooo smart. :)

I stated in another thread that his hand was iced at the end of the game. So, he did hurt himself.

Thanks for that, I did not notice it. And to be technical, it's also possible someone hurt him. :p

Let's see not just athletics. Job interviews, dating, public speaking, class reunions, walking a trapeze, and high rise iron work.

Don't forget when attacked by wild animals like bears in the wilderness!

I'm not allowed to say the name ******io, or under threat of facing the same fate as him. However, if more respected members like you would join me in asking for clemency and reinstatement by the comish, some forgiveness like Jesus and others have tought, I'd love to have ******io back. For now, maybe I can be the poor man's ******io...but I am hoping to see this board more complete with him instead of having to go to syracuse.com to see his work. Dont get me wrong, they are good to me there, but I'd rather be able to spend most of my time at one place, rather than splitting it. I havent seen him on there yet this season. Anyhow, please join me in #Free******io!!

Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot to me. Sometimes, certain people like myself get sensitive about certain behaviors that don't bother others in the same way, and excuse ourselves for a time. I really do love this board and ideally I would like to avoid that, but can't promise it. Also, I seem to get ****ed by the ***s at least once per season, which really is hurtful and makes it harder to share the things I'm passionate about. I hope we can make this place more inclusive again...a big tent. Are you with me? Is anyone? Or should I just shut up? I dont mind be a spectacle, but I want to use my powers for good and help those who don't have a voice, as I feel compelled knowing the words of the great masters throughout history. I think in our hearts we could forgive ******io, and maybe even C*** ***K, and of course BRNCUSEFEVERCUSE, and allow them back to share their art as well. I probably say this at risk, and I dont wish to say it often and be seen as a "bad guy", but I seriously feel compelled from my inner being to follow the golden rule. I'd want someone to stick their neck out for me too if I was in their shoes. When you love universally, sometimes it feels like your responsibility increases.

W-T-F! It's 11pm, I'm hammerred so you are lucky i read . . . . Some of that. Long live MANTONIO! ;)

W-T-F! It's 11pm, I'm hammerred so you are lucky i read . . . . Some of that. Long live MANTONIO! ;)

Im in a different time zone and am happy as ***t that you are still awake and posting! Seriously, it makes me happy! Maybe you can read that again tomorrow(if it hasnt been erased lol) when sober and join me in the #Free******io movement? I want to preach forgiveness and inclusiveness here, but not too much, because I want to blend in for the most part. I speak from a good spirit though at the moment, and really want to see more universal love and caring for our fellow man, and I miss ******io's posts, because he was my role model like 3 boards ago when he took on everyone with his enthusiasm for the team. There was noting else like it one whatever board this was before sc**t. Please drink at least 1 more, and dedicate it to ******io, seriously raise a toast. The universe feels your energy, and it does have effects. BBallBeadle's post of the article on how the spirit of the crowd effects the team was great, and about as close to a scientific explanation as we currently have, with our limited way of thinking in the modern/Western culture. In the past, some people knew far more than we know now(the pyramids stand as testament!). Raise that toast you SOB!!

Flavor is good. I could probably contact mantonio, I'm sure he'd ready for a comeback.

I endeavored to make contact with him, and did. It wasnt as awkward as I thought it could be. I thought I might feel like a stalker. I think he is willing, once he is able. I respectfully wont spell it out.

He seems like a really decent guy, and I'm almost willing to offer to trade places if he and **** **** could return. I want to do something decent, and I think at times I am worse than them and probably deserve it more. I want to live a life where I can feel good about what I do in me free time, and actually make a difference... I think it would make me feel good. I am fairly certain those 2 could be contrite and show they have learned from their mistakes. Like a parole hearing. If I am alone, I will still respectfully ask for forgiveness for them. I dont want to do it too much and ruin the flow of things, but being you brought ******io up, I wanted to correct you for assuming it was his choice. Love one another, my friends.

Last edited:
Bottom line is Syracuse develops talent as well as any other program in the nation.

I'm guessing this could be argued both ways, especially with relatively recent weakness in developing the bigs, but overall players do seem to develop well at SU.

You lost me at bringing Hulk back.

You dont think he's capable of reform after that long of a sentence? I think he might do even better than the "contrite Bill Clinton", if you remember that. I mean, he always can be re-****ed if need be. It's not like he stole your clothes off the line or something. Like with our prison system, I think the focus should be on rehabilitation instead of just punishment. Sweden does it, and it works quite well. Their prison system makes ours look at least decades antiquated and draconian. Forgiveness feels good. You dont necessarily need to believe in Jesus to find some of the teachings beneficial to practice. I'm not sure what the Talmud says about forgiveness, so I guess it may not be as popular here as in most places, but I think as refined as we are on here we would have the ability for a big tent, if he were admonished about avoiding particular offenses. Forgiveness is also liberating in ways most do not comprehend for the person doing it.

Id even be willing to have the responsibility to mentor him personally, to make sure he could finally integrate successfully. I believe in myself, and in him as well. What is the worst that could happened? He can always be sent back with a couple of clicks for crying out loud. lol Seriously, a little flavor adds more traffic and longer use, than threads where everyone is agreeing and giving each other reach-arounds. Too much of that gets nauseating at times.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom