Frank | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank

I remember that as well. You are not COMPLETELY crazy.

I guess a backhanded compliment is better than none! I still remember your post when you said we had COMPLETELY nothing in common other than love and devotion for Syracuse hoops. For some reason at the moment I feel ok sharing things like this. lol I often regret my posts. I was thinking about them on an 8 hour drive a couple of days ago. This stupid board can haunt me sometimes, lol.

Imagine if he wasn't splitting time with Gillon too. He would be putting up crazy numbers.

And so would Gillon if he got 30+. Our position of worry (pg) is suddenly a blessing if production. I loved that two PG look in the second half, they killed it.

Last edited:
Also true, but all a product of a crappy press and accelerated pace. Plus Gillon finally started missing his circus layups.

Am I alone in hoping Boeheim gives them even more practice on the press for awhile, other than possibly against Wisconsin in 7 days?

I hear you bro, but maybe you could do at least one cameo night to inspire the youth, and feel the energy of the crowd, including one syracusefan loyal member(me)? I just remembered your antics a moment ago, and regret not seeing you in action(kinda like the old Topps baseball cards where a few were labeled "in action"). Do it for Syracusefan, bro? I wish I had something I could offer you, because I am hellbent on seeing a board member rock!!!

Ha! This is awesome! I'll do what I can. ;)

And so would Gillon if he got 40+. Our position of worry (pg) is suddenly a blessing if priduction. I loved that two PG look in the second half, they killed it.

Having interchangable pieces is godlike, and that's what Boeheim is right now. This season is going to be a lot more about his moves than the past, in my opinion because he has so many choices, unlike when he complained about not being able to replace Robey(who he currently wouldnt want to replace lol).

I don't know. Mentality might be part of it but physically he looks like a totally different player. I can't remember a player that had the same kind of physical transformation in a single off-season.

Man if this kid keeps this up, does he leave? Talk about a nightmare scenario.

His jumper did not look 1/18 though.

I guess a backhanded compliment is better than none! I still remember your post when you said we had COMPLETELY nothing in common other than love and devotion for Syracuse hoops. For some reason at the moment I feel ok sharing things like this. lol I often regret my posts. I was thinking about them on an 8 hour drive a couple of days ago. This stupid board can haunt me sometimes, lol.
Gosh. I said that? Sorry! (Unless I was trying to bond with you and then, you're welcome.)

I don't know. I think there are enough shooting weapons. I worry about no or limited post game. Teams will get up on us and I hope to see more dribble penetration.
Why did Battle only play 16 tonight. I can't tell if he's happy here

Ha! This is awesome! I'll do what I can. ;)

Please keep me updated!! (BLEEP!!!!), i just looked at the tour dates and it passed for my city!!! Two of them...i am raging p***ed off! :( Any chance you can do the Wichita date? I seriously would love that...or Kansas City date?

Gosh. I said that? Sorry! (Unless I was trying to bond with you and then, you're welcome.)

Well, you were trying to make a point that the board brings folks together, or something like that. I suppose I was sensitive when I read it and was taken a bit back, because we do kinda share something else that I wont share openly, lol, darn you Triple B!

Took 2 unnecessary deep jumpers. Lost the ball on his drives a couple times and was late covering in the press which lead to fouls and didn't get back on defense a couple of times.

Plus JB seemed to really like that Gillon/Howard experiment in the 2nd half.;)

Yeah, I don't know. It's a nice problem to have trying to get these guys minutes. Battle looks like he belongs but he seems to be either rushing shots or dribbling in one place. He also seems a little awkward when he drives. Is he pigeon-toed, btw?

Took 2 unnecessary deep jumpers. Lost the ball on his drives a couple times and was late covering in the press which lead to fouls and didn't get back on defense a couple of times.

Plus JB seemed really like tgat Gillon/Howard experiment in the 2nd half.;)

I liked it too, but was a bit distracted tonight so I didnt pay close attention while multitasking. Do you think we will see more of it? I do believe I read about him saying that combo was a possibility for stretches.

Plus JB seemed really like tgat Gillon/Howard experiment in the 2nd half.;)
I really would like to see a Howard/Gillon/White/Lydon/Thompson line up. A little smaller but still formidable and 5 scoring threats, 4 from deep.

Please keep me updated!! (BLEEP!!!!), i just looked at the tour dates and it passed for my city!!! Two of them...i am raging p***ed off! :( Any chance you can do the Wichita date? I seriously would love that...or Kansas City date?

We'll see! Would be awesome to play in Sprint Center. Have only been there as a spectator and I LOVE KC. Love the BBQ of course and vibe in that city. I've had some benders there...oy ;). Usually I do more midwest from CHI-PIT/BUF and occasionally do MSG and DC.

Yeah, I don't know. It's a nice problem to have trying to get these guys minutes. Battle looks like he belongs but he seems to be either rushing shots or dribbling in one place. He also seems a little awkward when he drives. Is he pigeon-toed, btw?

I think it's a matter of finding his role. He's a good player but this offense has him being a catch and shoot guy too often which is not the real identity of his game. He's made it work and shot well but we won't see what he can really do untill we start playing real teams IMO. He will do better against P5 competition that has size, plays m2m and wants him to put it on the floor.

Last edited:
I really would like to see a Howard/Gillon/White/Lydon/Thompson line up. A little smaller but still formidable and 5 scoring threats, 4 from deep.

Earlier in the season I wanted to see Gillon, Howard, White, Battle, Lydon (still do at some point) but TT is far more advanced offensively than I ever imagined. He is supremely confident. Those two face up blow byes today were Meloesk. Obviously he won't be Melo but he could legit be scoring 20 in these games if we needed him to be.

I'd like to see your lineup as well.

Earlier in the season I wanted to see Gillon, Howard, White, Battle, Lydon (still do at some point) but TT is far more advanced offensively than I ever imagined. He is supremely confident. Those two face up blow byes today were Meloesk. Obviously he won't be Melo but he could legit be scoring 20 in these games if we needed him to be.

I'd like to see your lineup as well.

For sure. TT is all business on the court. Love it.

Ha. Totally could and should switch to a different axe. No way should one take a nice instrument into the oven on stage. I'm just tired of it a bit. Same old recycled slop, lol.
SoBe, what kind of axe are you reticent to use on account of it's value being that of several cars? Are talking a 57 Les Paul or something like that or some hand guilded boutique guitar? Just curious... I've been playing for 50 years... since I was knee high to a grasshopper so to speak and I've got... well, I guess you could call it a guitar collection.

We'll see! Would be awesome to play in Sprint Center. Have only been there as a spectator and I LOVE KC. Love the BBQ of course and vibe in that city. I've had some benders there...oy ;). Usually I do more midwest from CHI-PIT/BUF and occasionally do MSG and DC.

Man I cant imagine ripping guitar solos in MSG! I remember when I saw Pearl Jam play there the first time... They said it was the place they dreamed of playing.

I had tickets for the second of 2 nights but drove down the first night with some people I had just met, because most cities you can find scalpers easily. We couldnt find any due to police cracking down on them supposedly. But...I was standing there and who walks toward me with a huge bodyguard but one Jay Mohr! He said "You boys looking for tickets?!?". I said, "Yes, do you have any?!?". He replied with "No!", and laughed at us as he walked by with his oaf of a boduguard. It didnt happen right away because it took awhile to process, but I've been bitter at him ever since, lol.

Anyhow, don't do me like Jay Mohr! After the show, maybe I can buy you a drink and we can talk SU hoops and whatever else? Take you time deciding, but maybe do it for the children. Look at Tom Brady. he's pushing 40 and is still performing at an elite level in a sport that's tough to do so! Do it for America?

He's nasty. He's mad at the defense mad at himself and wants to do better every time. I love it.

I think he took to heart the part of the GG speech where Blake says "Get mad you sons of bitches, get mad!". Unlike Rak this guy isnt waiting til his senior year, or even the offseason, his jump is likely going to be during this season. It will be fun to watch him get even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom