Frank | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank

IMG_1297.GIF

He was our best player for most of the game today. Loved the way he broke down the defense and created opportunities for his teammates. 10 assists but he probably could have had a couple more. His defense was very good.

The biggest knock I have is when he lost the ball when Cowan came up behind him... about 2 minutes left in the game. He's got to know that Cowan is behind him in that situation and protect better. That could have been a killer turnover. His other turnovers were mostly from him trying to create, which I can live with.

JB almost tore off the jacket for the first time since the Duke game on that one. The announcers thought it was because he wanted a foul call. But nah, pretty sure he was just PO'd at Frank for not protecting the ball there. :rolling:

That's on his teammates. He can't see behind and they weren't letting him know. JB was likely pissed at them, not Frank.

once you start slowing down its not hard to know how many are ahead or behind. if you are going full out and someone catches you, you can live with it, but he started just floating and thats asking for trouble

The biggest knock I have is when he lost the ball when Cowan came up behind him... about 2 minutes left in the game. He's got to know that Cowan is behind him in that situation and protect better. That could have been a killer turnover.
It was brutal especially the way that play developed. Everyone watched the guy trailing him get closer and closer.

He was our best player for most of the game today. Loved the way he broke down the defense and created opportunities for his teammates. 10 assists but he probably could have had a couple more. His defense was very good.

The biggest knock I have is when he lost the ball when Cowan came up behind him... about 2 minutes left in the game. He's got to know that Cowan is behind him in that situation and protect better. That could have been a killer turnover. His other turnovers were mostly from him trying to create, which I can live with.
His teammates (PC and Marek) who saw it about to happen need to call out to him that Cowan was about to go for a steal.

Battle was clearly still hurt and someone had to take charge. Frank did that both offensively and defensively. With Frank being the #1 option in the last 2 games it has been great for his development and confidence. We wouldn’t have won either game without him.

In the MD game he made a couple of mistakes late that almost cost us. That turn-over being picked from behind and I just knew Huerter was going to pull up from deep when MD was down 4. Frank was Completely unaware and totally caught him by surprise that Huerter shot from that deep. Frank didn’t even see him until he was mid-jump shot. He should have been expecting Huerter to want the ball as he was the hot hand. Frank needed to find him and be ready to be in his face. Marek saw Huerter but it was too late...he was too far out.

Overall...night and day from last year. I’m happy for Frank. Go Cuse.

Battle was clearly still hurt and someone had to take charge. Frank did that both offensively and defensively. With Frank being the #1 option in the last 2 games it has been great for his development and confidence. We wouldn’t have won either game without him.

In the MD game he made a couple of mistakes late that almost cost us. That turn-over being picked from behind and I just knew Huerter was going to pull up from deep when MD was down 4. Frank was Completely unaware and totally caught him by surprise that Huerter shot from that deep. Frank didn’t even see him until he was mid-jump shot. He should have been expecting Huerter to want the ball as he was the hot hand. Frank needed to find him and be ready to be in his face. Marek saw Huerter but it was too late...he was too far out.

Overall...night and day from last year. I’m happy for Frank. Go Cuse.

He has really good hands and anticipation but for whatever reason he doesn’t go out and close on shooters. It’s been a constant thing with him. There were three or four Huerter threes where either he was unaware or simply watched him drill it. Now some of those were deep but that was after he already drilled a few threes. He’s got to clean that up. Overall a really solid game from him. Really needed his points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom