Frank | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank

FH has been great and I am more surprised than anyone. The only remaining question he has to answer is how he is going to handle the aggressive in your face D that he will see as the season progresses. Teams are going to test him and try to speed him up.

Yup. Frankie even got us two steals in a row to seal the game.

What a game. He almost had a triple double with steals.

He's definitely been aggressive going after steals this year, and it's worked out well so far. My concern is that away from the Dome, he might get called for some of those if he's reaching in too much. So, he needs to continue to play with an edge, but be smart if he picks up some early ones. I'm not ready to see what we would like with him fouling out.

Really impressed by Frank and the commitment he's made to change his trajectory here.

I know he had doubters for very good reasons, but at this point he deserves a lot of praise for getting himself together.

10 assists! 7 Steals! 15 points! This is another level with this type of production!

FH has been great and I am more surprised than anyone. The only remaining question he has to answer is how he is going to handle the aggressive in your face D that he will see as the season progresses. Teams are going to test him and try to speed him up.
KU will be a good test. Even if SU loses, how they play will be a solid indicator of the rest of the season.

The 180 on this board has been interesting to say the least. Many of the posters here wanted him gone. You don't recruit complete players. Most guys are projects that have to develop from year to year. He's always shown the ability, but needed the confidence to go with it. Glad to see that he is putting it together and proving people wrong.

One other thing I just thought of, is where Frank puts the ball when he attacks the rim. Am I remembering correctly, that Frank many times last year didn't like to use the backboard as much? Seems like he was trying finger rolls and tear drops and this year he's going to the board and putting it fairly high up there. Seems to be working as he's making a ton of layups, and often with a bigger guy trying to help.

KU will be a good test. Even if SU loses, how they play will be a solid indicator of the rest of the season.

This is true. I want SU to win but I'm being realistic with my expectations. I'd be happy to see them put up a good fight, and stay composed and keep it close. Just don't go out there and get themselves embarrassed.

As by far the biggest Frank supporter on this board, I'm elated to see him be the player he was all preseason. The practices I saw, he could not be stopped. JB couldn't stop praising him to me enough, even said he will be an All ACC talent as a senior.

I look back at some of the ridiculous posts I got the past few months and it does show me why so many insiders have gone for good from this site. I'm no Insider, but being close to the hoops team and even close to JB... I wasn't just randomly spewing comments.

A little advise to the same posters who over and over again chirp negativity and act like they are all-knowing... stop.

Go Cuse.

On that steal from behind didn't Frank go and steal the ball back on the other end or was that a different turnover? I was all aboard the Frank train when he was a freshman... I compared him to Rajon Rondo because of his vision and passing ability. He was literally the only guy on the team with two senior guards who could make a pass to one of the bigs. Now in his Junior year I feel like Frank lost some of that vision and willingness to pass but has definitely upped his offensive game. Hopefully he puts the passing and the offense together at some point.

I'm most impressed with his leadership... at one point we got the ball back on an inbounds play with 4 seconds on the shot clock and Frank was the in-bounder. Before the play started he made sure everyone one of his teammates knew we only had 4 seconds to shoot on the clock... maybe this happens all the time in that situation but I've never seen a player so clearly call it out so that there isn't a violation. One other example of leadership was when JB called a timeout at one point and 2 of the guys were casually strolling to the sidelines... Frank saw that and urged them to get their butts moving to the sidelines while gesturing quite emphatically.

I see a kid who has embraced leadership

I have had the same thought!

It's a funny comment because in the past, that vision led to a pass that may have been tipped, or fumbled because the teammate wasn't prepared for it, or it was just too tight a window and ended up being a turnover.

I have a feeling that some of what you two are talking about, and I do not disagree, is the result of coaching.

The last couple years I have been impressed with FH's court vision and passing ability. This year so far I have been impressed with his ability to finish around the basket especially on the break.

I did think he got a litttlllee to chucky/ball hog last night at a couple points. It only happened on a couple possessions, but it seemed he dribbled a little too much followed by a low percentage shot.

Overall I hope he keeps it up, looks like a different player against P5 opponents (small sample size).

It's a funny comment because in the past, that vision led to a pass that may have been tipped, or fumbled because the teammate wasn't prepared for it, or it was just too tight a window and ended up being a turnover.

I have a feeling that some of what you two are talking about, and I do not disagree, is the result of coaching.
Come on, we know JB doesn't do much coaching, least of all on the offensive end. At best, he's helped Frank this season by not being so mean to him.

I do agree that in the past that most of the passes he made were to bigs who had hands of stone but he Frank needs to learn how to pass a bit better on the break. He gets into too many situations where we could have scored if he just made the easy pass.

As by far the biggest Frank supporter on this board, I'm elated to see him be the player he was all preseason. The practices I saw, he could not be stopped. JB couldn't stop praising him to me enough, even said he will be an All ACC talent as a senior.

I look back at some of the ridiculous posts I got the past few months and it does show me why so many insiders have gone for good from this site. I'm no Insider, but being close to the hoops team and even close to JB... I wasn't just randomly spewing comments.

A little advise to the same posters who over and over again chirp negativity and act like they are all-knowing... stop.

Go Cuse.
yeah I mean how could anyone have been skeptical of how much FH could bring after last season??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom