Fran's Game 1 Press Conference | Ohio | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fran's Game 1 Press Conference | Ohio

Did anyone watch the Ohio week one press conference?

Kinda brutal. Will load up against the run and mix it up a ton on D. Seems like a strong meathead coach who wants to talk to the press 10x less than Babers.

Think Wright on D will be more nuanced against them versus this guy on us (UB’s D let up less yards in a loss.)

Watch at your own wince:

Kinda brutal. Will load up against the run and mix it up a ton on D. Seems like a strong meathead coach who wants to talk to the press 10x less than Babers.

Think Wright on D will be more nuanced against them versus this guy on us (UB’s D let up less yards in a loss.)

Watch at your own wince:

Wow, he sounds scared

Enjoyed Fran's presser but couldn't help think to myself how different these will be a few games in when there is a track record and bright spots and low spots to explain.
My thoughts exactly. You never know this could blow up. Still so many unknowns

That is correct.

And it is at this time I'd like to introduce myself as Dino Babers to you all. You are all on my list.
bill_murray-stripes1981-1355.jpg

Watch at your own wince:

I thought that was a good presser and I was impressed by his in depth knowledge of our team. Candidly mentioned reading up on all of our coaches (bios') and his mentioning how many starters we return counting the # of our transfer starters at their prior stops. Mentions Duce making ACC player of the week the last time he played Ohio, the AA tackle, All Big 10 QB, mentions how good Grant is, the MLB, the TE's, he knew the average height and weigh of our OLine (thats crazy) 6'5 320 and says it's the biggest hes played against in 20 year - huh?...then he mentions Nixons time at Baylor - knew that stats etc etc.

A lot of the flattering praise is coach speak and gamemanship but I was really struck by the depth at which he dug into Syracuse and knew the details. I think my favorite part was his talk on coaches. Georgia sprinkled in, the CoDCs having worked at A&M together. Nixon's background etc. This guy is prepared.

Last edited:
The Ohio coach said, last year we started on the road in California and Florida so we had to prepare for the elements. This year we are indoors so it will be easier. He did say, I know it will be loud but....
Let's show him how much more difficult a loud dome can be compared to a little weather.

I thought that was a good presser and I was impressed by his in depth knowledge of our team. Candidly mentioned reading up on all of our coaches (bios') and his mentioning how many starters we return counting the # of our transfer starters at their prior stops. Mentions Duce making ACC player of the week the last time he played Ohio, the AA tackle, All Big 10 QB, mentions how good Grant is, the MLB, the TE's, he knew the average height and weigh of our OLine (thats crazy) 6'5 320 and says it's the biggest hes played against in 20 year - huh?...then he mentions Nixons time at Baylor - knew that stats etc etc.

A lot of the flattering praise is coach speak and gamemanship but I was really struck by the depth at which he dug into Syracuse and knew the details. I think my favorite part was his talk on coaches. Georgia sprinkled in, the CoDCs having worked at A&M together. Nixon's background etc. This guy is prepared.
Felt same thing about Frans presser. Knew a lot of information on Ohio players.

Anyone else think this was Wildhack’s easiest interview ever? How do you not want this guy to be a leader of your football program?
Every answer was the right answer.
I don't disagree with you but it's time for Fran and his staff to actually answer the biggest questions that most have been asking since he was hired. Can they actually scheme, implement their systems, gameplan and win games? I actually have no idea what it will look like, could be great could be an absolute disaster. Odds are it will be a little bit of everything and that is fine, he's going to need some time. Some of the expectations may be too much for a first time HC

Until 3:35 Saturday. He's a brand new car about to be driven off the lot on Saturday. By Saturday at 7 pm it will never be the same. Just a question if it's just a pothole or two, a small rock hits the windshield, or a total T bone job heading into an intersection but the criticism of HCFB will start. Just the way it is and always has been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom