Free Baloney Sandwiches 4 Life | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Free Baloney Sandwiches 4 Life

15 penalties for a school record of 157 penalty yards against Albany... Babers year 6...

Love or hate dougie, he gets players ready to play and play disciplined.
If he would retain White and Swag i think that we become a 7 win team quick.

Wunderbar...

Bring him home.
It occurred to me that Marrone chose this year to return to college football.

He almost certainly could have gotten an OL coaching position in the NFL. But, he chose Alabama.

That suggests that he wants to be a college HC. See Steve Sarkasian and Lane Kiffin.

If Rutgers can bring back Schiano, why can't Syracuse University can bring back Doug Marrone?

I doubt he would want to come back. The fact that he is in the Saban coach rehab program tells me he wants a bigger gig eventually.
What would be intriguing to me is the experience he has gained since he left. I wonder how he would do things differently if he dId come back.

It occurred to me that Marrone chose this year to return to college football.

He almost certainly could have gotten an OL coaching position in the NFL. But, he chose Alabama.

That suggests that he wants to be a college HC. See Steve Sarkasian and Lane Kiffin.

If Rutgers can bring back Schiano, why can't Syracuse University can bring back Doug Marrone?
That's something they would do at a school that wants to be serious about their football program, like Wake Forest U, and not something that would be done at a school like Woke Florist U.

Doug was the best head football coach Syracuse has fielded in the last 20 years. He game planned extremely well and was adaptable to our talent and their strengths. We would be measurably better in the consistently good and occasionally great category than we have been since 2018.

Doug was the best head football coach Syracuse has fielded in the last 20 years. He game planned extremely well and was adaptable to our talent and their strengths. We would be measurably better in the consistently good and occasionally great category than we have been since 2018.
The 2nd best will need to not have a good year 1st

He wasn't perfect... And as someone else pointed out, Michael Hay personally accounted for a big chunk of it (I think Dougie wanted to guillotine him at times, lol.)

View attachment 206416

Hay was good for at least one 15 yard personal foul and 10 yard holding every game. Tough gritty O Lineman and Doug coached them that way. I think Marrone loved this kid for the tenacity that he played with

The 2012 line the last 6-7 games was best we have seen in a long time.

I wonder if Marrone would be open to White. In the past he has kind of poo poo'd the 3-3-5 but plenty of teams use it now. I really like our D and it would be nice to keep it going. Plus recruiting back to the 4 man front will take time. Plus White is a NY guy.

It would also be nice to bring on a mostly SU staff. Terry Richardson at RB, Rob Moore at WR, Guifre at OL. Anyone else out there?

Even if Dino turns thins around, it would be nice if the Dazzler fails at CSU and comes here as Recruiting Coordinator and either TE or OL coach. That would help a lot in recruiting the Northeast.

That's something they would do at a school that wants to be serious about their football program, like Wake Forest U, and not something that would be done at a school like Woke Florist U.
Syracuse University just invested at least $120,000,000 in the renovation of its football stadium.

I think it’s fair to conclude that the University is serious about its Football Program.

I'm all for a new coach if we don't go bowling, but are we sure we were that disciplined under Marrone?

PenaltiesYards
2020​
7.1​
67.3​
2019​
8.9​
73.9​
2018​
7.2​
59.1​
2017​
6.2​
49.4​
2016​
8.0​
60.8​
2012​
7.8​
68.2​
2011​
6.6​
62.8​
2010​
7.2​
59.3​
2009​
6.1​
51.2​
We had almost 9 penalties a game in 2019?!?

Syracuse University just invested at least $120,000,000 in the renovation of its football stadium.

I think it’s fair to conclude that the University is serious about its Football Program.
That facility holds multiple events including revenue generating events such as concerts and monster truck rallies. It is not a stand alone football stadium.

Reactions: FAL
That facility holds multiple events including revenue generating events such as concerts and monster truck rallies. It is not a stand alone football stadium.
if not for football it wouldn’t exist. Those other events are able to have a facility because the school needed a football stadium, not the other way around.

if not for football it wouldn’t exist. Those other events are able to have a facility because the school needed a football stadium, not the other way around.
The only reason that Syracuse is in the ACC is because of the football tradition and probably because of Doug Marrone being the coach at the right time which gave the impression that Syracuse was back to being relevant. But, yes, to your point, football is driving the bus for all these other activities to a large extent.

The only reason that Syracuse is in the ACC is because of the football tradition and probably because of Doug Marrone being the coach at the right time which gave the impression that Syracuse was back to being relevant. But, yes, to your point, football is driving the bus for all these other activities to a large extent.

They wanted us since 2003 (maybe earlier). Duke/UNC blocked all expansion though, which opened the door for Mark Warner to torpedo the process.

They wanted us since 2003 (maybe earlier). Duke/UNC blocked all expansion though, which opened the door for Mark Warner to torpedo the process.
Sure, that was during a great era of Syracuse football. I think at this point, the rest of the ACC wish Syracuse wasn't in the league. That's how far things have gone. But to reiterate, the reason that Syracuse is in the ACC is because of Doug Marrone, aka Saint Doug.

Sure, that was during a great era of Syracuse football. I think at this point, the rest of the ACC wish Syracuse wasn't in the league. That's how far things have gone. But to reiterate, the reason that Syracuse is in the ACC is because of Doug Marrone, aka Saint Doug.

I blame myself for responding (twice)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom