Friday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
9375449-standard.jpg

Joseph adds midrange game to repertoire

Syracuse basketball links: Where does Scoop Jardine rank among ...

Orange Watch: A Melancholy Marinatto in Manhattan

None of the C-line are up for top freshman

“We’re also part of the same group — he and [Syracuse Coach Jim] Boeheim, myself and [Connecticut Coach Jim] Calhoun — guys who came in and were like lifers. People don’t approach — I’m not saying they don’t approach the game well — but they don’t approach it the same way we did. So you lose some of that.”
Mike Krzyzewski hails Gary Williams's contributions to Maryland, ACC basketball

10166296-standard.jpg

13 Practice Photos

Videos

SU Practice

As coaches expected, Big East leads all conferences in national poll

SU women picked to finish 8th in Big East

Poll Thoughts: Welcome to the season

Jordan Melo M8: Journey to NY

Recruiting

9116989-standard.jpg

Dajuan Coleman pulls up for a shot at the Carrier Dome, will he continue his career on the biggest basketball stage in all of college basketball? Only time will tell.

Jamesville-DeWitt basketball player Dajuan Coleman will visit Ohio State this weekend

Colemans decision coming in early November

He's listed as being 5-8
Zach Radz playing in The Super 16 National Freshman Game

Syracuse Mention

9427775-standard.jpg

We lost a game against Syracuse early in Sprint Center (89-81 overtime) where we played great. We just didn’t finish. To me that was a good process game. Even though I didn’t like it at the time, we got better.
Bill Self

Former Players

Top 50: Carmelo Anthony, no. 9

NY Knicks' Carmelo Anthony thinks NBA season will be played, and he and Amar'e Stoudemire will win

Greene & Flynn to play in Goon Squad Classic November 20

175885-standard.jpg

John Wallace will coach all stars

OOC Opponent

Gators Ranked Preseason No. 10

Around The Big East

Auriemma blames Notre Dame for Big East's problems

Some things I learned at ACC Media Day

BIG EAST MEN: Just not the same

ACC News

ACC regular-season basketball veers toward irrelevance

Around The Nation

Commentary: Why doesn't Ohio State basketball do midnight madness

Why Duke Will Win the National Championship

The Poll Attacks are back

Skeptics will become believers when Vandy puts it together

Syracuse Nats

dick+barnett.jpg

Steinbrenner dealt for Tricky Dick Barnett

Blogs

JB #8 greatest coach all time

Syracuse No. 5 In Preseason USA Today/ESPN Top 25

Vanessa Williams #48 in list of hottest alums

Big East Basketball: A Great Idea and Tradition to be Wasted

Deep Thoughts, By Rick Pitino

NBA

Tell us: Does an NBA All-Star exhibition tour interest you?

University News

victims.jpg

Lupica: Khadafy death sparks relief & memories

Pan Am Flight 103 Victims' Relatives React to Gadhafi's Death with Mixed Emotions [VIDEO]

Reaction to Gadhafi's death at Syracuse University

SU Women

SU picked to finish 8th

Alexander Named to Preseason All-BIG EAST Team

Be interesting to see what kind of season that Zach Radz has for Troy HS this year. I think they should be pretty good and I would think if this kid is that good that he will be playing varsity. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Watch Cooney's follow-through of the hand and fingers when they are shoot from the at around the 1-min mark of the SU Practice video, and you will see why he such a good shooter.

Be interesting to see what kind of season that Zach Radz has for Troy HS this year. I think they should be pretty good and I would think if this kid is that good that he will be playing varsity. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Zach Radz will be playing JV this season for Troy High as a combo guard . With Senior Combo Guard Trahmeir Burrell moving into Troy School District recently , Zach will get unlimited minutes at the JV level with running mate Dyaire Holt who has played with since he was 9 .
I have heard some reports of Zach looking at college prep schools in MA , CT , NJ that play a national schedule for next year but don't know how true they are at this time . I think he would need to reclass as a freshman to be effective at that level .

Zach Radz will be playing JV this season for Troy High as a combo guard . With Senior Combo Guard Trahmeir Burrell moving into Troy School District recently , Zach will get unlimited minutes at the JV level with running mate Dyaire Holt who has played with since he was 9 .
I have heard some reports of Zach looking at college prep schools in MA , CT , NJ that play a national schedule for next year but don't know how true they are at this time . I think he would need to reclass as a freshman to be effective at that level .
Thanks for the response. You really went back into the archieves for that article. Is this kid that good. Granted, he is a baby, but anyone you could compare him to.

Thanks for the response. You really went back into the archieves for that article. Is this kid that good. Granted, he is a baby, but anyone you could compare him to.

Well I assume by saying he is a baby you mean that he is young ??? As far as comparisons go , from the Capital Region , I would have to say he has Talor Battle type skill set & probably will be about the same size ( guessing on that ) . I also think he has GMAC range & accuracy as a shooter . The PG / Guard / Combo position in Class of 2015 is extremely loaded across the board / USA so Zach has a lot of work to do to keep pace up with this group but based on past play , I would say he is ready to accept that challenge .

Coming out of the 518 , I also like CCHS Frosh Guard Brian Brooks , Columbia Frosh Power Forward Jahlil Nails , Troy Frosh PG Isiah Dobere , Troy 8th ( reclass ) PG Dyaire Holt , Shen 8th Guard Kevein Huerter , Bethlehem Frosh Center John Sica .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom