Friday Night Ratings | Syracusefan.com

Friday Night Ratings

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Anyone know what type of numbers our game pulled?

Nationally, NYC, Syracuse?

And how did Rutgers @ Ville do?

Paging Scooch....

Even though it was a Big East game, they had to be good numbers. I mean, our only competition nationally was LVille v. Rutgers

Anyone know what type of numbers our game pulled?

Nationally, NYC, Syracuse?

And how did Rutgers @ Ville do?
Rutgers owns NYC - so I would guess that the NYC numbers were not only HUGE for Rutgers' game, but they probably had about 10x the viewers that the Syracuse game had in the city

oh, and they probably lit the ESB red even though the game was on the road and RU lost

;)

Rutgers owns NYC - so I would guess that the NYC numbers were not only HUGE for Rutgers' game, but they probably had about 10x the viewers that the Syracuse game had in the city

oh, and they probably lit the ESB red even though the game was on the road and RU lost

;)

You must be a Scarlet Disciple too? :eek:

LOL...the Rutgers fans were all counting on the nation switching at halftime to their game...too bad for them America loves watching upsets.

LOL...the Rutgers fans were all counting on the nation switching at halftime to their game...too bad for them America loves watching upsets.

Lucky thing for Rutgers that Fringe was a repeat last Friday, or they would have lost what little viewership they had.

All the talk on Saturday morning was still about our win. The ratings were pretty big, I'd think.

All the talk on Saturday morning was still about our win. The ratings were pretty big, I'd think.
This was a program changer type of win. Now we just need to validate it on Saturday.

This was a program changer type of win. Now we just need to validate it on Saturday.

No doubt. I am leery of a letdown type of road game, and for sure no team will take SU lightly the remainder of the year. But to go out and crap the bed on Saturday will be worse than losing to Rutgers was.

completely agree. if we lose on saturday, it will be like the win against WVU never happened.

I was at a party in Texas on Saturday...I had a guy comment (TAMU fan) about the game (didn't know I was a Cuse fan) he saw on Friday and how it was neat to see Syracuse looking like they had McNabb back. Others there saw the game and positively commented. Rutgers was never mentioned. :eek:

Drink a 12 pack of Genny Cream Ale and eat three Taco Bell Burritos at midnight...you'll find out in the morning.
So...a Rutgers is a bloody pair of underpants?

I was at a party in Texas on Saturday...I had a guy comment (TAMU fan) about the game (didn't know I was a Cuse fan) he saw on Friday and how it was neat to see Syracuse looking like they had McNabb back. Others there saw the game and positively commented. Rutgers was never mentioned. :eek:

Again demonstrating the "brand" Syracuse has that our friends at UConn and Rutgers either don't think exists, or vastly understates the importance of.

Just in, Rutgers/Ville DOUBLED SU/WV for the NYC TV ratings on Fri night. Even being on ESPN 2 the numbers are pretty clear here.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/rutgers-louisville_tv_rating_i.html.
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/rutgers-louisville_tv_rating_i.html

If those numbers are true (and I have my doubts), good for you. But ya know what's funny? Before we were ACCepted into the new league, news like this would have gotten under my skin...

But at this point, I couldn't care less about Rutgers TV ratings...or whether they light up the ESB...or whether they fire Red lightning bolts from their collective asses. I just don't give a stuff about that program any longer.

We are done with you. Our seat at the big boy table is secure, while the Snookies are busy fighting for scraps with the MAC and Conference USA.

The numbers also represent all of NYC and the boroughs...you asked the question and those are the Nielsen ratings.
The point is, if you separate the NJ and NYC ratings, you might get a totally different result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom