Friday Night Ratings | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Friday Night Ratings

You have your opinion and that's fine. I honestly don't think the ACC cares all that much. If they were so hot and bothered to "own" NYC they would have invited Rutgers and UConn, not Syracuse and Pitt. The brands aren't as strong, but geographically it would have made much more sense in terms of "bridging" Maryland to Massachusetts. But again, "markets" tend to be overplayed, unless you're the Big East and that's all you have to hang your hat on.

And please don't tell me you believe that BC "blocked" UConn. You know better than that.
i believe that the ACC decided in 03 to kill the bigeast. the best way to do that is to take (kill) the strong. the strong were miami, bc and Syracuse but va politics got involved and ruined it.

in '11 expansion started heating up again, the ACC already had a plan, so it put it back in motion and again went for the bigeast kill shot, it took (killed) the strong. the strong now were pitt and still Syracuse.

along the way, a nice geographic footprint was being sewn up.

the goal is still the strong...nd. but if they come, taking nj and its mighty fine recruits and letting their parents know they can still drive to a bunch of games...and making the map look all nice and pretty;)...well thats a touchdown.

on the edit, if bc wants to think they 'blocked' storz, let em. storz is a nonfactor, theyve yet to be considered.

i believe that the ACC decided in 03 to kill the bigeast. the best way to do that is to take (kill) the strong. the strong were miami, bc and Syracuse but va politics got involved and ruined it.

in '11 expansion started heating up again, the ACC already had a plan, so it put it back in motion and again went for the bigeast kill shot, it took (killed) the strong. the strong now were pitt and still Syracuse.

along the way, a nice geographic footprint was being sewn up.

the goal is still the strong...nd. but if they come, taking nj and its mighty fine recruits and letting their parents know they can still drive to a bunch of games...and making the map look all nice and pretty;)...well thats a touchdown.

on the edit, if bc wants to think they 'blocked' storz, let em. storz is a nonfactor, theyve yet to be considered.

I'm not sure how any of that runs counter to my claim that Rutgers would simply be riding a wave if they are ever added to the ACC or Big Ten?

ACC expansion this year was entirely about adding 2 teams to re-open their media contract. Syracuse & Pitt gave them the best leverage to do that. If the ACC thought making a claim to NYC/NY DMA by adding Rutgers was so important they would have added them last month. I mean if it doesn't matter to add Rutgers and their billions of rabid tri-state area fans :) when your sole purpose of expanding is to increase your media dollars, then when does it matter?

Look, like I said, could Rutgers end up in the ACC someday? Sure. Could they end up in the B1G? Sure. Could they rot away in the Big East Only of California Conference forever? Sure. And I'm not arguing UConn over Rutgers, because they are both superfluous to the ACC and B1G.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, because you make it seem like the ACC is nervously sitting down there in Greensboro hoping ND joins so that they have an excuse to then grab Rutgers to lock up this amazing NY market. Like Rutgers is some kind of major coup. Let's be real, Rutgers is the chinzy wedding favor you get that goes directly from your car to a gas station trash can.

youre misunderstanding me. im not countering your points, im just basically blogging. rutgers has always been the chinzy wedding favor, but when its the only thing leftt standing, it gets a little special treatment. my reasons are why they look so good now. basically all based upon IF nd goes someplace. otherwise, i see no reason for the ACC, to move above 14.

youre misunderstanding me. im not countering your points, im just basically blogging. rutgers has always been the chinzy wedding favor, but when its the only thing leftt standing, it gets a little special treatment. my reasons are why they look so good now. basically all based upon IF nd goes someplace. otherwise, i see no reason for the ACC, to move above 14.

Got it. Blog away.

Oh, and enjoy your beating in Foxboro this Sunday.

;)

Got it. Blog away.

Oh, and enjoy your beating in Foxboro this Sunday.

;)
the beating is all yours.

basically, and while im blogging...there was ZERO reason for the ACC to take jersey and (ha ha) storz and lock down the seaboard. the reason being, they are both useless. if they did that 1st, it would open up the b1g to taking Syracuse and pitt and going to 14. couple that with wv then still likely to go to the big12, the bigeast would be officially done. at that point, ND would likely say the b1g is a better option than the ACC is. right now this is not the case. the ACC is still in play for ND.

the ACC would have 3 crappy northeast teams and would basically still be a southern conference with no real northeast penetration. failure.

the ACC took the NorthWest Flank of the NorthEast off the table and with BC already in, it has the East Coast and left bullspit underneath. Success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom