Friday Night Ratings | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Friday Night Ratings

FYI, from the Twitter:

espnmikes Mike Soltys

ESPN/ESPN2’s ratings since Friday impacted by an encoding error. We expect revised #s for last few days when sorted out.
Oh man, if this puts out that our #s were actually better, NJ may sink into the Atlantic.

Friday is included in the problem.

I would not expect it to change the fact that Rutgers got a higher NY DMA rating than SU. But worth noting the numbers shared yesterday may not be correct.

FWIW, ratings for last Friday have been revised. Nationally, SU-WVU delivered almost 3x the audience that RU-UL did. I still suspect RU did better in the NY DMA, but the margin is probably closer than was initially reported.

Have at it, Googlers.

FYI, from the Twitter:

espnmikes Mike Soltys

ESPN/ESPN2’s ratings since Friday impacted by an encoding error. We expect revised #s for last few days when sorted out.
I am in awe. Can't believe Rutgers was touting a survey that was impacted by an error and the subtleties of having northern NJ considered the NYC market... just awesome turn of events...

I am in awe. Can't believe Rutgers was touting a survey that was impacted by an error and the subtleties of having northern NJ considered the NYC market... just awesome turn of events...
Not to mention it got some national play. Where are the retractions?
"SENATOR! SENATOR! This committee owes an apology, this committee owes an apology -- an apology SENATOR!" - T.Hagen, GF2

I will assist Jake in bumping until we have the revised numbers

Local ratings haven't been fixed yet... or so I hear. :cool:

Local ratings haven't been fixed yet... or so I hear. :cool:

Hopefully you can find out the real nums...the bad nums have become institutionalized by now in the. Rutgirls propaganda machine.

Hopefully you can find out the real nums...the bad nums have become institutionalized by now in the. Rutgirls propaganda machine.
Better get these #'s out ASAP before the Scarlet Knighties get knee-jerked into the ACC or Big Ten.

I'm surprised rutgers fans get under so many SU fans skin. They're just a bunch of blow hards and the people in charge of the big boy conferences know this.

Ha, who really cares? I hope they enjoy finding their ratings in the Orlando, Colorado Springs, Boise, Dallas, Houston and Greenvile DMA.
:rolling:

Ha, who really cares? I hope they enjoy finding their ratings in the Orlando, Colorado Springs, Boise, Dallas, Houston and Greenvile DMA.
:rolling:
but scooch, wouldnt the b1g or any conf WANT to have the jersey market and in essence NYC if as we have seen, the tvs in jersey in fact ARE tuned into a rut game??? why would any conf want to put their game up against a rut one? they know they win the national, but lose NYC??? if you have rut, you can bury them on sat at noon and get your game to win the National AND the NYC dma.

but scooch, wouldnt the b1g or any conf WANT to have the jersey market and in essence NYC if as we have seen, the tvs in jersey in fact ARE tuned into a rut game??? why would any conf want to put their game up against a rut one? they know they win the national, but lose NYC??? if you have rut, you can bury them on sat at noon and get your game to win the National AND the NYC dma.

Well what was the NYC DMA rating for last Saturday at 3:30? Did RU/WV (ABC) beat UGA/FLA (CBS), ND/Navy (NBC), OU/KSt (ESPN), and PSU/ILL (ESPN2)? RU should as they is the local team and all the RU fans stayed home instead of attending. So if RU won the DMA then you have a point. However if they lost the DMA to ND, PSU, or any other game, then it just proves RU is a worthless add for SAT games. They only add value in NYC when they play midweek. Last weekend was really a great barometer for the NYC DMA as RU was up against both ND, PSU, and the SEC.

The question is really do these conferences care that much about NYC? I used the NFL/Los Angeles example recently and I believe it holds even more true for college. The NFL has had it's most successful decade+ in it's history without a team in the #2 media market. Would the NFL like to have a team there? Sure, who wouldn't. But do they need one there? Clearly not.

Same goes for the B1G and ACC. People here don't like me to say it, but Rutgers does well in the NY DMA, relatively speaking. But does the B1G or ACC need them, or more importantly, need NYC? Look at their revenue. Clearly not.

I'm not suggesting that someday Rutgers won't end up in a major conference. They very well might. But it won't be because a conference is driven to enroll them in some attempt to 'capture' the NY DMA. They'll be riding some larger wave, for sure.

Well what was the NYC DMA rating for last Saturday at 3:30? Did RU/WV (ABC) beat UGA/FLA (CBS), ND/Navy (NBC), OU/KSt (ESPN), and PSU/ILL (ESPN2)? RU should as they is the local team and all the RU fans stayed home instead of attending. So if RU won the DMA then you have a point. However if they lost the DMA to ND, PSU, or any other game, then it just proves RU is a worthless add for SAT games. They only add value in NYC when they play midweek. Last weekend was really a great barometer for the NYC DMA as RU was up against both ND, PSU, and the SEC.
id wager it finished 2nd behind ND/navy.

it would be nice to see those though.

The question is really do these conferences care that much about NYC? I used the NFL/Los Angeles example recently and I believe it holds even more true for college. The NFL has had it's most successful decade+ in it's history without a team in the #2 media market. Would the NFL like to have a team there? Sure, who wouldn't. But do they need one there? Clearly not.

Same goes for the B1G and ACC. People here don't like me to say it, but Rutgers does well in the NY DMA, relatively speaking. But does the B1G or ACC need them, or more importantly, need NYC? Look at their revenue. Clearly not.

I'm not suggesting that someday Rutgers won't end up in a major conference. They very well might. But it won't be because a conference is driven to enroll them in some attempt to 'capture' the NY DMA. They'll be riding some larger wave, for sure.
thanks. your answer kind of strengthens my thoughts and position that the ACC wouldnt want a wedge driven right thru the northern division.

and that storz is utterly useless. they will be the bellwether bmw2 team.

thanks. your answer kind of strengthens my thoughts and position that the ACC wouldnt want a wedge driven right thru the northern division.

You have your opinion and that's fine. I honestly don't think the ACC cares all that much. If they were so hot and bothered to "own" NYC they would have invited Rutgers and UConn, not Syracuse and Pitt. The brands aren't as strong, but geographically it would have made much more sense in terms of "bridging" Maryland to Massachusetts. But again, "markets" tend to be overplayed, unless you're the Big East and that's all you have to hang your hat on.

And please don't tell me you believe that BC "blocked" UConn. You know better than that.

That wedge is made of tissue paper. This territory thing is overdone. Every game is on TV anyway at this point. IF Rutgers mattered, they would've landed somewhere. They don't, haven't, and probably wont.

And please don't tell me you believe that BC "blocked" UConn. You know better than that.
I doubt BCU could've "blocked" Yukon, but I'm sure they let their preference be known.

You don't believe that they at least stated something like "All things being equal, we'd (greatly) prefer someone other than Yukon."? And when that was brought up that Miami, and possibly others, started pushing for an alternative?

I doubt BCU could've "blocked" Yukon, but I'm sure they let their preference be known.

You don't believe that they at least stated something like "All things being equal, we'd (greatly) prefer someone other than Yukon."? And when that was brought up that Miami, and possibly others, started pushing for an alternative?

I think that in 2003 John Swofford rammed through expansion with Duke and UNC explicitly being against it.

You think that BC has the sway to keep the ACC from doing exactly what they want to do?

I don't.

FWIW, revised local ratings won't be available for more than another week. Or so I hear.

:cool:

FWIW, revised local ratings won't be available for more than another week. Or so I hear.

:cool:
Muy bien hecho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom