Friday Rooting Guide | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Friday Rooting Guide

Well Toledo won and and Texas Southern is up 15... Not exactly the important games that we really wanted tonight.

Arizona wins. UCLA is probably in anyway, but they aren't close to a "lock" a win tonight would have made them a lock similar to Providence

What a craptastic night of basketball. Feeling pretty hopeless that the chances we had are blown. Tomorrow and Sunday sure to make it worse. Anyone have any positives from today?

So Texas southern, St. Bonaventure, Buffalo, and Toldeo all won tonight. UVA will maintain their #1 RPI spot (Clemson winning probably would have been better for us), but UNC, who beat us twice, will beat Duke, who beat us once - so that will help our slightly too.

There's a good chance we will have played the winner of: ACC Championship (guaranteed), A10 Championship, MAC Championship (guaranteed Buffalo vs. Toldeo), Big 12 Championship, SWAC Championship, MAAC Championship (winner - Iona) and the IVY League. Colgate also lost in their conference title game. Oakland and EMU (played Toledo) both lost in the semi-finals.

In our short, our RPI keeps improving - there is a chance we played 19 of our 33 games vs. Tournament teams (2 of those are ND and Louisville)

Yes. Oregon needs to win the P12 to get in; we need Oregon to win tonight, make the Pac12 title game, and lose to Arizona.

The risk being an Oregon win over Arizona and then USC and UCLA get in and there is another stolen bid. I think I would rather have USC beat them, I think the PAC 12 has 3 bids right now, although both LA teams are pretty blah.

So Texas southern, St. Bonaventure, Buffalo, and Toldeo all won tonight. UVA will maintain their #1 RPI spot (Clemson winning probably would have been better for us), but UNC, who beat us twice, will beat Duke, who beat us once - so that will help our slightly too.

There's a good chance we will have played the winner of: ACC Championship (guaranteed), A10 Championship, MAC Championship (guaranteed Buffalo vs. Toldeo), Big 12 Championship, SWAC Championship, MAAC Championship (winner - Iona) and the IVY League. Colgate also lost in their conference title game. Oakland and EMU (played Toledo) both lost in the semi-finals.

In our short, our RPI keeps improving - there is a chance we played 19 of our 33 games vs. Tournament teams (2 of those are ND and Louisville)

Let’s hope it isn’t 19, if those two get in we are dead.

I don't get palm. The last two updates he threw in Marquette out of nowhere and now St. Mary's or am I mistaken? either he's getting fed inside info, or something cuz his updates have been wacky. BTW he has us ahead of both Louisville AND SC...

Oregon looking like trash... feels like i'm watching one our games. I was yelling at the TV might wanna guard #4 he only has 16 points in the first half!! sigh.

I don't get palm. The last two updates he threw in Marquette out of nowhere and now St. Mary's or am I mistaken? either he's getting fed inside info, or something cuz his updates have been wacky. BTW he has us ahead of both Louisville AND SC...

He has slid both of those teams back from either 10 or 11 seed line with a bye. I don't particularly think either one should be ahead of us.

He has slid both of those teams back from either 10 or 11 seed line with a bye. I don't particularly think either one should be ahead of us.

ahhh- my mistake. I could have sworn marquette was below us as of yesterday... thought STM was too. (i guess i've been flipping through one to many bracketology sites lol).

I put together another rooting guide for today. Hopefully these games go a lot like the night games yesterday, and not so much the afternoon games. I'll try to keep it updated again. Also, if you get a chance, check out TCW Bracketology, and let me know what you think of the new blog. Thanks! May the Bubble Gods be ever in our favor!

Rhode Island over VCU 12pm (possible bid stealer)
Auburn over Alabama 1pm
St Bonaventure over Richmond 6pm
Xavier over Providence 6pm
Buffalo over Kent State 6:30pm
Kansas over Kansas State 7pm

UNC over Duke 9pm (RPI boost)
Arizona over UCLA 9pm

Nevada over SDSU 9pm (Bid stealer)
Toldeo over Eastern Michigan 9pm (Push Toledo win to possibly quad-2)
Texas Southern over Prairie A&M 9:30pm (RPI boost)

Oregon over USC 11:30pm

Let me know if I missed anything.

Well, that's a wrap on today. We have taken lumps since Tuesday, but there are still avenues. No more bid stealers tomorrow!

Wow. Thanks for pointing that out. That's a very impressive overall schedule. I don't believe we have any really bad losses relatively. I'm sure it compares favorably against the other bubble teams and probably many others supposedly safely in. Hope we get extra credit for this.