Friday Rooting Guide | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Friday Rooting Guide

Bama needs to lose

Auburn is clearly showing why they didn't have anyone on first-team SEC. So much for that chip on their shoulders...WOW 28-3 in second half. This is hilarious.

I put together another rooting guide for today. Hopefully these games go a lot like the night games yesterday, and not so much the afternoon games. I'll try to keep it updated again. Also, if you get a chance, check out TCW Bracketology, and let me know what you think of the new blog. Thanks! May the Bubble Gods be ever in our favor!

Oregon over USC 11:30pm

Let me know if I missed anything.

USC is already in. We don't want Oregon to steal a bid.

Ridiculous that teams like saint mary and Creighton would be in over us. These teams would be right where we are if they we are in our conference

This is what happens to programs who go for ties.

i have a disturbing feeling that we are going to be first team out and alabama is going to steal our bid because no one thought it would be a good idea to try to defend sexton yesterday.

Unfortunately we didn’t play inspired like bama is that’s why we are where we are

Not good. Bama now is in. Cuse is probably going to be a first four out now

I think bama wad already in auburn is a fraud they will lose first round.

Not sure first round but I won’t be picking them very far

Just out of curiosity, how many 15 loss teams have earned at-larges in the past?

We can only hope they were in. and it only affected seed. Either way, we are right at the cut line. I heard a former Executive who ran the tourny on the radio this morning say, he though Bama was in after yesterday, and that we were either in or out, depending on what criteria the committee uses in separating the teams near the line. He said it was real real close.

Why do I allow myself to get my hopes up

I’m going to think positively. Palm had both SU and Alabama in this morning, and the odds were always in favor of at least one of these bubble teams making a run.

If Alabama is the only team who plays itself in, I still feel pretty good.

I'll admit, I haven't seen Auburn play a wink, until I just tuned into the 2nd half of their game against 'Bama. Auburn was up 41-31 at the half, and lost 81-63, outscored 50-22 in the second half, and they looked pathetic. They didn't even look like an NIT team, let alone an NCAA team. It makes you question just how strong the SEC is this year, where they went 13-5. FWIW, Auburn lost to a team called Barry University in their only exhibition game.

Here are Auburn's out of conference games:

At Charleston, SC in Charleston tourney:

Norfolk St. (w)
Indiana St. (w)
Temple (L)

Away games:

Dayton (w)
Murray St. (w)

Home games:

Hofstra (w)
Winthrop (w)
George Mason (w)
Gardner Webb (w)
UAB (w)
Middle Tenn. St. (w)
Uconn (w)
Cornell (w)

They just showed after the game Pearl walking into an Alabama strength and conditioning guy... the guy was just standing there and Pearl lost his cool and started yelling... pure class ...

Why do I allow myself to get my hopes up

You want to be included in that prediction of people you mocked a day or so ago. ;) It's part of being a fan, Trueblue. You're showing you deserve the screen name! You gotta lose to know how to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom