From a very big NBA source... | Syracusefan.com

From a very big NBA source...

iommi

Living Legend
This is from a high-placed NBA Exec that a friend of mine is very tight with...

Word is that the only reason Phil Jackson took the Knicks job is that Phil has an agreement with LeBron to join the Knicks. I have no idea how this would work with the cap, but allegedly they would also try to keep Melo...if Melo doesn't resign, they'd make a push for Kevin Love.

Source is a top exec of an Eastern Conference team. Take it for what it's worth but this source is legit and in the know and has been spot-on in the past whenever he's given out info.

LeBron has always stated, even going back to his Sr year in HS, that he's wanted to play with Carmelo. He goofed about it when he still hadn't declared for the NBA and hinted he might consider teaming with Melo at Cuse for a one-year title run. We all know that was never going to happen, but he and Melo have always been tight.

I hope he stays in Miami. But wouldn't mind seeing him in NY.

OH...AND WHO THE IS YOUR SOURCE?! I bet it's the Maryland Mole. Yeah, your source is probably the janitor of the building the NBA team practices in, isn't it? HA! Sure, and JB is going to retire next season.

Go back to eating the heads off bats. ;)

:D

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

How is New York going to have the cap space to sign Lebron? They are over the cap even without Melo's contract. Lebron can opt out this year, but not next year when New York will lose the contracts of Amare and Chandler which will expire.

How is New York going to have the cap space to sign Lebron? They are over the cap even without Melo's contract. Lebron can opt out this year, but not next year when New York will lose the contracts of Amare and Chandler which will expire.

That was my question too. It doesn't make sense to me either, but I'm just the messenger.

My source makes major personnel decisions for an Eastern Conference team. That is as much as I will say.

So he decides whose trash cans get emptied first?

Sorry...giddy from the Mercer game. :rolling:

This is from a high-placed NBA Exec that a friend of mine is very tight with...

Word is that the only reason Phil Jackson took the Knicks job is that Phil has an agreement with LeBron to join the Knicks. I have no idea how this would work with the cap, but allegedly they would also try to keep Melo...if Melo doesn't resign, they'd make a push for Kevin Love.

Source is a top exec of an Eastern Conference team. Take it for what it's worth but this source is legit and in the know and has been spot-on in the past whenever he's given out info.
Ah, ah, Xanadu!

oh my gawd...could you even imagine our 2003 team with Lebron, Melo, Hak, GMAC, Edelin, Duany, Pace, etc...that team would have beat Wooden's UCLA teams. No question.

It would have been 2004. Starters would have been Melo, Lebron, Warrick (pick one of them to play center), Gerry, Edelin.

oh my gawd...could you even imagine our 2003 team with Lebron, Melo, Hak, GMAC, Edelin, Duany, Pace, etc...that team would have beat Wooden's UCLA teams. No question.
LeBron would not have showed up until the next season. He and Melo were in the same draft class--LeBron straight from H.S., Melo after a year at SU.

That was my question too. It doesn't make sense to me either, but I'm just the messenger.
I believe that you have been told this information, but I honestly doubt Lebron ends up on the Knicks. I just can't see Lebron taking a pay cut to join the Knicks as the Heat can pay him the most and after taking a discount to join the Heat I can't see him leaving a longer contract and more money the Heat can give him to join the Knicks. If the Knicks lose Melo this offseason I could see the Knicks bottoming out next year and getting a top 5 pick and signing Kevin Love if he doesn't want to go the Lakers. Rondo to the Knicks is another all-stat I could see them getting.

I agree, Alsacs. I wouldn't have posted it, though, if my friend's source has not been spot-on with other stuff. I'd give you examples but it might give away who the source is.

Lebron was one year younger than Melo. If Lebron was forced to go to college I think he goes to Ohio State, Akron, or North Carolina(his supposed non-Ohio favorite.)

I agree, Alsacs. I wouldn't have posted it, though, if my friend's source has not been spot-on with other stuff. I'd give you examples but it might give away who the source is.
I believe you, but I would be legitimately shocked if LBJ ended up with the Knicks.