From a very big NBA source... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

From a very big NBA source...

PeteCalvin said:
OH...AND WHO THE IS YOUR SOURCE?! I bet it's the Maryland Mole. Yeah, your source is probably the janitor of the building the NBA team practices in, isn't it? HA! Sure, and JB is going to retire next season. Go back to eating the heads off bats. ;) :D

He knows Iommi didn't do that right?

How is New York going to have the cap space to sign Lebron? They are over the cap even without Melo's contract. Lebron can opt out this year, but not next year when New York will lose the contracts of Amare and Chandler which will expire.

Lebron has a player for each of the next 2 years. (Didn't realize that). So he could theoretically opt in for next season and then opt out for next summer. I wouldn't count on the Knicks getting Lebron, but thats how it would happen.

Probably a more likely way of them all playing together would be the Miami big 3 all opting out this year and all signing with Miami for around 13-14 million per year. (Think this would work under the cap)

I would love to see it, but why would he come to this mess?
Oh, that's easy. To clean this thing up and get New York what the fans want. Chip. Chip Chip Chip.
And another even more plausible reason would be to make the NBA great again, as in the Magic-Larry-Michael days.

Only Lebron has this power.

I love that you pass inside information on to us. That is cool stuff.

That said, it sounds like tampering by Jackson to me. : )

Maybe Phil convinced him by impressing him with a plan of action. Phil Jackson is one of the most respected men in basketball.

But he isn't coaching the team, Phil Jackson has never run a franchise before.

get ready for people to demand that you out your source!

See, this is funny. No one ever bitches about not knowing the names of sources here. People get mad when other users tease information they know without, you know, actually saying something.

It'd be like if Marsh had posted saying he knew an NBA exec, who told him about a free agent the Knicks have tapped up that Knicks fans will be VERY happy with.

Can't be true. Lebron has created roots in Miami over the last four years that last a lifetime. He may as well have grown up just outside of Miami and he would never leave a city that adores him so much. He's way too loyal to do that. Liar.

Can't be true. Lebron has created roots in Miami over the last four years that last a lifetime. He may as well have grown up just outside of Miami and he would never leave a city that adores him so much. He's way too loyal to do that. Liar.

I never said it was true.

I never said it was true.
sarcasm-y-u-no-work-on-internet.jpg

Lebron has a player for each of the next 2 years. (Didn't realize that). So he could theoretically opt in for next season and then opt out for next summer. I wouldn't count on the Knicks getting Lebron, but thats how it would happen.

Probably a more likely way of them all playing together would be the Miami big 3 all opting out this year and all signing with Miami for around 13-14 million per year. (Think this would work under the cap)
Would the Knicks have the cap space if they resigned Melo to a 5 yr 110 million contract and then let Chandler and Stoudmaire expire next year? Meaning if Lebron didn't opt out this year an the Knicks resigned Melo would have they the cap space next offseason because that is the only way I could see Lebron in New York.

Wait, are you talking about Miami or Cleveland?

People need to stop calling the Knicks a mess. It was all fair game until Dolan stepped back and gave Phil Jackson a kings ransom to run the team. They are not a mess anymore. If they resign Melo, they will be VERY attractive to a superstar free agent after next year when the Knicks will have a wealth of cap space. Don't count out the Knicks to make some solid moves this postseason as well. They may be hamstrung this offseason but they have some moveable pieces and a point guard upgrade would do wonders.

Would the Knicks have the cap space if they resigned Melo to a 5 yr 110 million contract and then let Chandler and Stoudmaire expire next year? Meaning if Lebron didn't opt out this year an the Knicks resigned Melo would have they the cap space next offseason because that is the only way I could see Lebron in New York.

I think they would. (Bargs also expires) Lebrn has already shown he doesn't need to be maxed out. They have $10 million in players options with JR and Felton for that year.

People need to stop calling the Knicks a mess. It was all fair game until Dolan stepped back and gave Phil Jackson a kings ransom to run the team. They are not a mess anymore. If they resign Melo, they will be VERY attractive to a superstar free agent after next year when the Knicks will have a wealth of cap space. Don't count out the Knicks to make some solid moves this postseason as well. They may be hamstrung this offseason but they have some moveable pieces and a point guard upgrade would do wonders.

I think you're being too kind. Phil needs to make a good move or two before I decide they aren't a mess. What m oveable pieces do they have? Haraway and thats about it, no? They got offered a late first for Shump, that's not going to seriously change their outlook.

Phil does have a lot of respect in the league. That will probably help. No question

I think they would. (Bargs also expires) Lebrn has already shown he doesn't need to be maxed out. They have $10 million in players options with JR and Felton for that year.

I think you're being too kind. Phil needs to make a good move or two before I decide they aren't a mess. What m oveable pieces do they have? Haraway and thats about it, no? They got offered a late first for Shump, that's not going to seriously change their outlook.

Phil does have a lot of respect in the league. That will probably help. No question
Shump/Hardaway/Chandler.

They don't need 3 shooting guards and I think Phil likes Shump but Shump needs to improve drastically.

I'm not saying we make a huge splash this offseason, but I could see us making an upgrade at point guard. I'd be surprised if Melo isn't re-signed and he's going to want a token move to be made.