From a very big NBA source... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

From a very big NBA source...

Wade is very near the end of his career, his game causes a lot of injuries, and he could go downhill fast. Melo already said he has enough money, and so does LeBron, so if they want to play together they will.

oh my gawd...could you even imagine our 2003 team with Lebron, Melo, Hak, GMAC, Edelin, Duany, Pace, etc...that team would have beat Wooden's UCLA teams. No question.
I like the 2003 team the way it was.

Mos
Wade is very near the end of his career, his game causes a lot of injuries, and he could go downhill fast. Melo already said he has enough money, and so does LeBron, so if they want to play together they will.
Most of Bron's money comes from endorsements. Not so with Melo.

I think they would. (Bargs also expires) Lebrn has already shown he doesn't need to be maxed out. They have $10 million in players options with JR and Felton for that year.

I think you're being too kind. Phil needs to make a good move or two before I decide they aren't a mess. What m oveable pieces do they have? Haraway and thats about it, no? They got offered a late first for Shump, that's not going to seriously change their outlook.

Phil does have a lot of respect in the league. That will probably help. No question
Lebron won't take a paycut. If Melo gets 23 mil per season, then you have 10 million in JR and Felton that is 33 million. Plus, Hardaway, and a 2015 1st round pick. I don't see how they have the cap space for Lebron. How would Lebron play with Melo for 15 million while Melo would get 23 million. I could see him not caring if it was 1 or 2 million, but 8 million is a lot of money.

At no point did the OP say it was to happen next year. It is very easy to do financially the following year. NY is WAY below the cap for '15 and both Melo and James have contracts that can expire in '15

Lebron James makes enough money from other sources that he could choose to play for the veteran minimum and still be among the highest paid NBA players in history. Whether the Knicks can pay him well enough is almost irrelevant if that's where he wants to play.

Consider that some top players don't go to Kentucky, and everybody knows they have the highest payroll.

I would rather they both go to the Celtics.

Only way I could see this is if Miami wins this year again.

More importantly, what does your source say about Ennis and Grant?

I wish I knew...the exec is friends with one of my best friends. My friend gives me info the exec gives him periodically... But I don't abuse it by asking questions. I get this stuff in drips and drabs and not on demand.

Last edited:
get ready for people to demand that you out your source!

To be fair he gave us 100x more info in that post than the guy from the football board last month who posted that he had a source who said an assistant might be leaving.

People need to stop calling the Knicks a mess. It was all fair game until Dolan stepped back and gave Phil Jackson a kings ransom to run the team. They are not a mess anymore. If they resign Melo, they will be VERY attractive to a superstar free agent after next year when the Knicks will have a wealth of cap space. Don't count out the Knicks to make some solid moves this postseason as well. They may be hamstrung this offseason but they have some moveable pieces and a point guard upgrade would do wonders.

I am as big a knick fan as anyone, but they are a mess right now. Phil Jackson has never run a franchise before. The roster is loaded with bad contracts, and they don't even have a first round pick this year.

I am as big a knick fan as anyone, but they are a mess right now. Phil Jackson has never run a franchise before. The roster is loaded with bad contracts, and they don't even have a first round pick this year.

Agreed. It's very difficult to trust an organization run by Jim Dolan. I'd have to see it to believe it (Dolan not mucking this up as well).

Shump/Hardaway/Chandler.

They don't need 3 shooting guards and I think Phil likes Shump but Shump needs to improve drastically.

I'm not saying we make a huge splash this offseason, but I could see us making an upgrade at point guard. I'd be surprised if Melo isn't re-signed and he's going to want a token move to be made.

I sure hope so; PG is a huge hole. Chandler might have some value in a trade, but at the same time, then you need a C. Hopefully they can work some magic but I'm not sure there is a huge improvement for them this summer.

You know what, if Jax can somehow unload Bargs and Stat this can come to fruition...Iommi lets hope ur buddies right

How is New York going to have the cap space to sign Lebron? They are over the cap even without Melo's contract. Lebron can opt out this year, but not next year when New York will lose the contracts of Amare and Chandler which will expire.
1 year deal. Then gets Max deal the year after.

Nope. You an only get a 7.5% bump up or down in following years. Only way to do it is to dump Bargs and STATS contracts and sign them as FAs. Being worked on from what I hear...

You can't do that or superstars would take a haircut for 1 yr knowing they would get MAX deals with Bird rights. The can only get a small raise Lebron is going to stay in Miami of back to Cleveland.

People need to stop calling the Knicks a mess. It was all fair game until Dolan stepped back and gave Phil Jackson a kings ransom to run the team. They are not a mess anymore. If they resign Melo, they will be VERY attractive to a superstar free agent after next year when the Knicks will have a wealth of cap space. Don't count out the Knicks to make some solid moves this postseason as well. They may be hamstrung this offseason but they have some moveable pieces and a point guard upgrade would do wonders.

The Knicks are a mess.

This is actually possible, though unlikely.

Chandler's contract is off the books, and Stoudemire could get traded if the Knicks really sweeten the pot (probably Shumpert, Hardaway, and some picks). If New York gets a team willing to take Stoudemire's contract (I know, unlikely), then we've got something going here. This is all obviously a long shot but not entirely outside the realm of possibility because the money would be there.

For what it will take to get a team to take Amare, New York might as well just hold onto him and let him expire next year.

Even if they trade Amare away, they'd still need to move Bargnani as well in order to really have a chance of signing a significant player to play alongside Melo this off-season.

Hypothetically speaking, if they trade Amare & Shumpert and don't take any salary back, and then re-sign Carmelo for $20 million or so a year, they'll still only have like $4 million to work with to sign another guy. It would take a miracle for New York to get another superstar to New York this offseason.

They say philly may take stat but I dont know would take bargs. It is an expiring contract