From ACC Sports Twitter... | Syracusefan.com

From ACC Sports Twitter...

No offense meant, but Ugh to Navy.

If those 3 are invited, we are back in the BE. Out of the frying pan, into the frying pan. Oh Lord

No offense meant, but Ugh to Navy.

If those 3 are invited, we are back in the BE. Out of the frying pan, into the frying pan. Oh Lord

Unless the inclusion of Navy is to appease Notre Dame?

Makes sense: 1. Appease FSU and Clemson (Louisville) 2. Appease ND (Navy) 3. Appease Basketball schools and even things out in the NE (UConn).

No Cinci, might mean ND as full member?

Makes sense: 1. Appease FSU and Clemson (Louisville) 2. Appease ND (Navy) 3. Appease Basketball schools and even things out in the NE (UConn).

Why does Navy appease ND? I'm not disputing the point, I'm just interested in finding out why.

Navy answers the DC DMA better than MD. Was wondering when they would be part of the conversation.

Navy answers the DC DMA better than MD. Was wondering when they would be part of the conversation.
I'm assuming Chip has made some 'contact'.

Why does Navy appease ND? I'm not disputing the point, I'm just interested in finding out why.
OK - if that's what it takes to get ND all in. But it's hard to see how (unless it means ND is all in, which I doubt) this appeases FSU. Unless it's about appeasing UNC also (i.e., FSU/L'ville, UNC/UConn).

I think the negotiations with NAVY is positive (and maintains state continuity as the campus is in Maryland) - means ND is even locked into the conference that much more. If they go to 6 games in conference and 6 games OCC as the 17th member but maintain semi-independence, then that is even better for the ACC and appeases ND fans to a point. Also if NBC is involved, then I am sure its about locking ND as a tie-in to the Orange bowl given their new found status as #1 in the country and playing for the NC. So the Orange bowl then becomes the one of the most watched bowls in the country with ND involved - they probably would need to be ranked and have at least a 10-2 season.

However, its media rights that has to be resolved otherwise this is all wishful thinking as it leaves the ACC being vulnerable to raiding by other conferences.

My thoughts are: ND plays them every year so what this does is give ND a conference game and opens up their OOC schedule. Increases the chance they could join the ACC and since the ACC is only playing 8 games now ND has another opening to play those 4 games OOC.

I'm assuming Chip has made some 'contact'.

They asked me. I said no. If this is correct, they're discussing it anyway. Ugh. I hear San Diego State isn't happy, maybe we could grab them? I would rather live next to their stadium anyway.

David Robinson's not walking through that door.

There are some great responses for Navy's inclusion if you check #ACCLegend

Ben Swain@thedevilwolf
Jack Ryan #ACCLegend

Expand
17m

Josh Goodson
@joshwgoodson
Tom O'Brien #ACCLegend

Expand
19m

Cory Smith
@RCorySmith
Paul Johnson #ACCLegend Oh, wait...

Expand
19m

Ben Swain
@thedevilwolf
Seal Team Six #ACCLegend

Expand
22m

Jake S
@BloggerSoDear
David Robinson #ACCLegend
Followed by Sean Keeley
Expand

jmnpb
@jmnpb
Montel Harris #ACCLegend

Expand

Timbo H.
@Ambushing_wolf
Roger Staubach #ACCLegend@thedevilwolf and since Top Gun is an #ACCLegend, that also means Kenny Loggins: #ACCLegend

My thoughts are: ND plays them every year so what this does is give ND a conference game and opens up their OOC schedule. Increases the chance they could join the ACC and since the ACC is only playing 8 games now ND has another opening to play those 4 games OOC.
Seems like an awful lot to do to get an extra OOC game back. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't think it has reached the point where ND will give in to the pressure and fully join a conference. ACC has more to gain than ND.

If they are truly being considered, this has to be the only reason. Has to. And I'm sure ND is making it quite clear that they have no plans of ever traveling to Annapolis for the away game.

Seems like an awful lot to do to get an extra OOC game back. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't think it has reached the point where ND will give in to the pressure and fully join a conference. ACC has more to gain than ND.

Those games are recruiting tools for a program that wants to travel the nation...Texas, California and the midwest. Once they are in the ACC they have the whole east coast covered and of course Florida.

Seems to me like Navy would be a football only member, accepting ND isn't coming on full time anytime soon. The idea being you take UConn and LVill, then Navy for football only, and you're balanced at 16 across the board plus have the DC market back. Not the worst idea, but is LVille enough to make FSU and Clem happy or does UConn and Navy just piss them off all the more?

There are some great responses for Navy's inclusion if you check #ACCLegend

Ben Swain@thedevilwolf
Jack Ryan #ACCLegend

Expand
17m

Josh Goodson
@joshwgoodson
Tom O'Brien #ACCLegend

Expand
19m

Cory Smith
@RCorySmith
Paul Johnson #ACCLegend Oh, wait...

Expand
19m

Ben Swain
@thedevilwolf
Seal Team Six #ACCLegend

Expand
22m

Jake S
@BloggerSoDear
David Robinson #ACCLegend
Followed by Sean Keeley
Expand

jmnpb
@jmnpb
Montel Harris #ACCLegend

Expand

Timbo H.
@Ambushing_wolf
Roger Staubach #ACCLegend@thedevilwolf and since Top Gun is an #ACCLegend, that also means Kenny Loggins: #ACCLegend

Jack Ryan? Does that mean Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, or Ben Affleck? :D

Don't read into that the ACC is adding 3 teams, but those are the 3 teams they are deciding on to replace Maryland. I won't mind Navy as the 14th member it would obviously be to appease Notre Dame inclusion as a full member. Notre Dame recently dumped Michigan off their schedule now there must play games a year are Southern California, Stanford, Navy, Michigan State. If Navy was a conference opponent then ND would have room to rotate a 12th game every year. I hope Navy to the ACC, ND commits to join in the future and add UConn and call it a day.