From FBALL Side: 9 Game Conference--One Vote Away | Syracusefan.com

From FBALL Side: 9 Game Conference--One Vote Away

arbitragegls

All Conference
Morning all from sunny Florida. The whisper is that a 9 game conference schedule is just one vote from happening...and the reasons to go to the 9 game schedule are:
  • Needed content for ACC Network...that is moving forward
  • SOS that will be a primary factor in the college playoffs
  • The desire of AD's not to wait as many as 6-9 years to play a team in the conference-goal is that every freshman plays each conference team at least once in their four year career
The ACC and SEC are in final discussions about a scheduling between conferences that may take the place of the 9 game conference schedule and/or be added to it. Being told this is near decision. Additionally, ACC and SEC and ESPN have met informally recently on what their conferences' networks may do to raise interest for both networks (inlcuding use of games against opponents from each conference...it is going to be interesting as to what is announced this week during/ soon after meetings.

It appears from the "Stealth side" that the meetings this week are not only social but much more getting ready for ACC preparedness for coming events...may be more than one Jack & Coke/day kind of thing. As I tune into items of interest I will keep you updated--from my perspective--think this will be rock and roll!

It's Good to be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange..

Morning all from sunny Florida. The whisper is that a 9 game conference schedule is just one vote from happening...and the reasons to go to the 9 game schedule are:
  • Needed content for ACC Network...that is moving forward
  • SOS that will be a primary factor in the college playoffs
  • The desire of AD's not to wait as many as 6-9 years to play a team in the conference-goal is that every freshman plays each conference team at least once in their four year career
The ACC and SEC are in final discussions about a scheduling between conferences that may take the place of the 9 game conference schedule and/or be added to it. Being told this is near decision. Additionally, ACC and SEC and ESPN have met informally recently on what their conferences' networks may do to raise interest for both networks (inlcuding use of games against opponents from each conference...it is going to be interesting as to what is announced this week during/ soon after meetings.

It appears from the "Stealth side" that the meetings this week are not only social but much more getting ready for ACC preparedness for coming events...may be more than one Jack & Coke/day kind of thing. As I tune into items of interest I will keep you updated--from my perspective--think this will be rock and roll!

It's Good to be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange..

That's not news to those of us on the payside.

It's staying at 8 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom