Frost was offered $1.8-2.0 million (corrected) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Frost was offered $1.8-2.0 million (corrected)

If this 1.2M offer is NOT accurate (in any way shape or form) Coyle and his team better let something "leak" to the media to off-set that figure because he is losing the PR game in a MAJOR way right now. The last thing he needs are the fans, recruits and current players all turning against him.

I'm just speechless seriously all of you trying to defend the ash decision wagging your fingers saying Were are disgraceful for the meltdown seriously don't get it ... We have every reason to be pulling are hair out if you haven't noticed this board right here is what you call your die hards the people that for the most part eat breath sleep orange so when we hear that are penny pinching BOT want to make the same clueless hire of an unproven co def coordinator no thank you !! The last time that happend that man destroyed this university's great tradition in 4 years we know the severity of these hires were still recovering from those dark days this hire is literally make or break the program if the dopes up on the hill want to not take football seriously then I'll throw in the damn towel and do the same II dedicate to much time and money to this football team and they don't realize there b plenty more of usif they were smart better coach more money the school makes simple as that

If they made an offer, they must have put a bunch of time into him though.

Does not sound like a devastating blow in losing Frost.

Coyle has been down the path with him before though, so hopefully not as much time being spent as candidates who he hadn't met until now.

The worst part about the low base salary is what does it say about what the coordinators and assistants would make?

Again, if true, it would seem like they set the budget based on the attendance they saw this year. Not against any expected attendance bump. Makes sense if you're hiring Ash, which on paper to a fairly disinterested fanbase is just Shafer 2.0. But if you bring in an offensive guy who has had success (from the Brohm, Babers, Montgomery stockpile), I think you can reasonably expect some bump from the record lows we're reporting this year. A 5k bump in average attendance could help subsidize the increased cost to get there.

But what do I know.

No matter what the incentives, it isn't a serious offer? Really? What do you know about the offer, apart from what some Oregon partisan "reports"? I am disappointed I had to click the link and give Mink any traffic, but at least he pointed out that we don't know any real details about what the offer contained, and what was left out of the Oregon "report".

What if there was a $100K bonus per win? What if the contract was back-loaded to try to keep Frost around for at least the duration of one recruiting class thru their graduation, as has been suggested? What if $2.5M is too much to spend on an unproven coordinator, anywhere, and we don't play that flavor of The Stupid Game?

I see a lot of really sad, pity-begging self-reinforcing confirmation bias in this thread. Why so many are desperately willing for someone to vindicate their own sense of doom and hopelessness is an unfathomable mystery.

$1.2MM base, even if it's in that ballpark, isn't serious for a P5 school that wants to compete, period.

If we had a serious offer, we wouldn't lose Coyle's (not mine, I want Babers) first choice to an 0-12 UCF team.

This isn't complicated. We need between $5MM to $6MM on football staffing to really have a shot at doing something.

If $2.5MM is too much for Syracuse to get the AD's NUMBER ONE CHOICE, then stop messing around and just be the Kansas of the ACC. We will need to overpay because of how little we have invested and how poorly we have performed for so long.

Or, let's keep playing hardball with our stellar football track record over the past fifteen years.

Coyle has been down the path with him before though, so hopefully not as much time being spent as candidates who he hadn't met until now.

The worst part about the low base salary is what does it say about what the coordinators and assistants would make?

Again, if true, it would seem like they set the budget based on the attendance they saw this year. Not against any expected attendance bump. Makes sense if you're hiring Ash, which on paper to a fairly disinterested fanbase is just Shafer 2.0. But if you bring in an offensive guy who has had success (from the Brohm, Babers, Montgomery stockpile), I think you can reasonably expect some bump from the record lows we're reporting this year. A 5k bump in average attendance could help subsidize the increased cost to get there.

But what do I know.
i can live with them not paying that much. i can't live with them hoping they get lucky picking offenses offenses out of a hat to be run by guys who make no money

if coyle hires a defensive guy, it'll be clear that SU might as well be some brand new FBS team to coyle.

$1.2MM base, even if it's in that ballpark, isn't serious for a P5 school that wants to compete, period.

If we had a serious offer, we wouldn't lose Coyle's (not mine, I want Babers) first choice to an 0-12 UCF team.

This isn't complicated. We need between $5MM to $6MM on football staffing to really have a shot at doing something.

If $2.5MM is too much for Syracuse to get the AD's NUMBER ONE CHOICE, then stop messing around and just be the Kansas of the ACC. We will need to overpay because of how little we have invested and how poorly we have performed for so long.

Or, let's keep playing hardball with our stellar football track record over the past fifteen years.
Agree to disagree. One number in isolation does not tell a story.

i can live with them not paying that much. i can't live with them hoping they get lucky picking offenses offenses out of a hat to be run by guys who make no money

if coyle hires a defensive guy, it'll be clear that SU might as well be some brand new FBS team to coyle.

But I think the offensive guys know and understand their worth. I blame people like you for pumping them up. That, and their 600 yard average gaining, 45 points average scoring offenses.

Agree with everything you said with exception that my first choice would be Jagodzinski and we already are the Kansas of the ACC.

And also:

If you (not you specifically, general address here) were willing to jump all over the Oregon report and say, "See, I told you so!" and believe the worst about Coyle and the BoT, what say ye now? I expect the same level of jumping, and some hearty applause this time.

2 years? That is not a serious demand, it's an insult!