FSU Postgame Pow-Wow | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Postgame Pow-Wow

If I was in charge (barring a complete disaster the rest of the year) it all comes down to next year. Figure out how to throw the ball. Go find someone. If he can't, go hire a coach who convinces you that they'll always have someone who can throw the ball

Last edited:
If we were a baseball franchise and we've just played the Yankees, Dodgers and the Braves, what are we? The Twins? The Padres? The Royals?
The bad news bears before Walter Matthau showed up

Well, let's say you are 100% correct. That still doesn't explain that the Head Coach doesn't understand the score during the game. You can't punt last week. You just can't. You can't call for a meaningless FG when you are down 21 pts. The messages to the team are clear. I quit. And it's not just those games. It's week in and week out. Are you saying that you think Dino is doing a good job under the conditions that he is working under? Because there was nothing good about his coaching over the last 3 weeks. Out talent is clearly lacking. His job to get better talent by the way. But so was his coaching in my opinion.
I don't agree with or understand some of those coaching decisions you just described...but if we are being real, none of those things cost us the games! If we were winning, no one would even mention those things. We need to focus on the obvious, which is we are talent deficient relative to the teams we are playing... and we are talent deficient for a lot of reasons that go well beyond who the coach is..

GT v Miami, BC v FSU, Wake v Clemson.
GT didn’t do much at all, Miami was a turnover machine and didn’t Wake score 7 against Clemson? Not saying we are going to walk over anyone but they all stink

No problem if it’s BS he wanted to save his guy for the rest of the year and game was over. We haven’t seen Shrader healthy down the stretch. If we get up big any of the next 5 games he should be yanked ASAP too.
Gotta score TDs to get up big

Cuse has been outscored 81-10 in the last two games. Stop with this, we actually don’t expect to beat two good teams in UNC & FSU but is it too much to ask for a little more? Bad take.
Sure, we can ask for more...Like more talent! The better teams are beating us because they have better talent...Their guys were catching balls in traffic and just running away from our guys. Speed, size, strength all over the field...multiple players...you contrast that with the Cuse. It is very clear and extremely hard to watch, but we can keep asking for better results...sure, why not.

We're not in the same league as the last 3 teams we've played. Problem is that our peak never goes beyond a certain point.
We're a mid to lower tier acc program. Our good year is a 4th-5th place finish & 7-8 games won, playing in a secondary bowl.
Meanwhile we watch Pitt, Wake, Ncsu, and Lville have breakout years where their peaks are much higher than ours. Dino is who he is, &:that's just what we are.

Why do we have to fall back? Duke didn't. We need to believe that we can do better. If this is our max and we believe that we are just cashing checks...and sadly I think the school is happy doing just that.
We can't compare ourselves to Duke, they have way more positives from a recruiting standpoint and way more money....I lived in Alabama, when Syracuse discovered this QB from the Mobile area that was under recruited. He was interested in Syracuse...until Duke got involved. He is now the starting QB for Duke and an NFL first round prospect. We missed on him and got Schrader. My point is we lost out to Duke on a talented QB...before they started winning.

Do it now. Make Beck the temp head HC and see what he can implement in the next two weeks. The o-line will still be a major problem , but anything is better than this.
Beck as Head coach??...LOL...He has not come close to providing us the kind of offensive leadership that we were hoping for...Babers isn't calling the plays, Beck is!

I got scolded for suggesting it was possible Purdue isnt very good this year after our win. It’s very tiring being called a bad fan/Debby downer when you are trying to have honest discussion of our team.

i don’t think we are as bad as the last 2 games, I just don’t think we are good, at all.
This

We can't compare ourselves to Duke, they have way more positives from a recruiting standpoint and way more money...I lived in Alabama, when Syracuse discovered this QB from the Mobile area that was under recruited. He was interested in Syracuse...until Duke got involved. He is now the starting QB for Duke and an NFL first round prospect. We missed on him and got Schrader. My point is we lost out to Duke on a talented QB...before they started winning.
Ok so who can we compare ourselves to if we can't match up to the tremendous football legacy program of Duke?

Ok so hear me out, I think this is what Dino is thinking. Everyone knew we were going 0-3 during this stretch, but the real genius of Dino’s coaching is getting blown out on purpose! Remaining teams on our schedule will see that film and get over confident thereby allowing the Cuse to roll to 9 wins.

Beck as Head coach??...LOL...He has not come close to providing us the kind of offensive leadership that we were hoping for...Babers isn't calling the plays, Beck is!
Did he call the FG

We can't compare ourselves to Duke, they have way more positives from a recruiting standpoint and way more money...I lived in Alabama, when Syracuse discovered this QB from the Mobile area that was under recruited. He was interested in Syracuse...until Duke got involved. He is now the starting QB for Duke and an NFL first round prospect. We missed on him and got Schrader. My point is we lost out to Duke on a talented QB...before they started winning.
We also lost out to them on his backup, who’s from NY.

I was going to take care of everything had I hit the 1.7 billion dollar power ball the other night, but unfortunately it wasn’t me.Maybe another Cuse fan hit it and will take care of some serious NIL issues.

We better hope LeNorris Sellers enters the portal because Wilson is not the answer.
You would think SOME kid(that’s actually good)has the balls to come to SU and be a hero. Tell me a kid that comes here and turns this dumpster fire around WOULDN’T get drafted? There’s gotta be someone(who’s actually good)who WANTS this, no?

I respectfully disagree with everything you said. There are plenty of schools that play in the cold and don’t have a dome haha. I’ll evenly look for the stats, but there are schools with less or similar funding that aren’t inept.
You are missing the point...I doubt very seriously, that there are plenty of schools with less or similar funding in the ACC!!! Our position would be different if we were in a North East or Eastern football conference playing schools with similar geography. We have to go head to head with too many warm weather schools. It is not just about playing in a dome...it is also about enjoying the warm weather year round and strolling campus seeing half dressed coeds. Visit Clemson...visit Miami, visit Florida State, you may not want to leave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom