FSU QB De’Andre Johnson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

FSU QB De’Andre Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly if this had been a guy vs guy thing would anything have come from it. it had been a non star person it probably would have led to a real fight.

I watched it and see a girl who looks wobbly and a guy trying to get to crowded bar, if you watch the video for hours it probably happened a dozen times like that in one night with someone trying to push through. i really thought he slapped her more than puncher her by the force he exerted..

on a stupid scale he gets a 10. on the intent to injur scale he gets a 2. does he hit her if she doesn't through a punch?

has anyone here who hung out at bars not had this happen in college?

I couldn't tell for sure but I thought he might have slapped her to.

He was so far down the depth chart it was a real easy call for jimbo. The news was reporting he would be lucky to see the field this year.

If this was Winston all over again things would be different for sure.

Why was the bar serving a 19 year old anyways......The guys working the doors knows who is who when it comes to the players. Someone is going to cash in as the bartenders totally ignored everything that was going on.

this is disgusting. I really hope that is just a poor attempt at trolling.

I love all the armchair legal analysis in this thread, as if the technical legalities in this case matter one bit.

The video shows a jacked football player throwing a vicious punch to the face of a woman. He used disproportionate and unnecessary force against someone much smaller and weaker than him. Whether or not he is eventually convicted of misdemeanor assault doesn't particularly matter. He shouldn't have hit her like that.
No, he shouldn't have but I would like to know the age/location breakdown of those acknowledging equal blame and those who want to crucify the QB. Women at some of these bars/clubs aren't dainty little things. I would hope I would never react how this QB did in that circumstance but women in 2015 are just as aggressive as men, let's not kid ourselves. I think anyone ages 18-35 would see this on weekends when they go out.

PhatOrange said:
I couldn't tell for sure but I thought he might have slapped her to.

One hell of a slap to cause her to bleed.

No, he shouldn't have but I would like to know the age/location/demographic breakdown of those acknowledging equal blame and those who want to crucify the QB. Women at some of these bars/clubs aren't dainty little things. I would hope I would never react how this QB did in that circumstance but women in 2015 are just as aggressive as men, let's not kid ourselves.
He was in absolutely no danger. Her 'punch' was barely a push to his face and bruised his ego more than his actual flesh. You can clearly see her saying 'Hey Hey Hey' when he grabbed her as in let me go and then he clocks her. You don't hit a girl like that unless you are in immediate physical danger. He wasn't.

honestly if this had been a guy vs guy thing would anything have come from it. it had been a non star person it probably would have led to a real fight.

I watched it and see a girl who looks wobbly and a guy trying to get to crowded bar, if you watch the video for hours it probably happened a dozen times like that in one night with someone trying to push through. i really thought he slapped her more than puncher her by the force he exerted..

on a stupid scale he gets a 10. on the intent to injur scale he gets a 2. does he hit her if she doesn't through a punch?

I'm continually amazed at the responses that are being generated on this topic.

He didn't intend to injure her?

One hell of a slap to cause her to bleed.

I didn't see her head bleeding but looks like she got hit in the mouth so I'd believe she's bleeding.

Last edited:
I have never seen a man hit a woman in-person. Apparently, I am just lucky.

Seriously, I don't know what people think the bar scene is like these days. At least where I've gone in the last 10+ years, I have never once seen a woman hit by a man. Seen plenty of fights, but have never seen that.

let's all remember this idiotic post during the season when upperdecker tries to tell us that he saw something the rest of us didn't

this is disgusting. I really hope that is just a poor attempt at trolling.

I love all the armchair legal analysis in this thread, as if the technical legalities in this case matter one bit.

The video shows a jacked football player throwing a vicious punch to the face of a woman. He used disproportionate and unnecessary force against someone much smaller and weaker than him. Whether or not he is eventually convicted of misdemeanor assault doesn't particularly matter. He shouldn't have hit her like that.
You must take the threat into account. She is a female in college out at a bar, not Ronda Rousey. She may have hit him first but him bumping into her repeatedly is assault in itself. Yes, I have also been bumped into while out at a bar. When it happens repeatedly, you say something which may lead to a physical atercation. If you are at fault you apologize and move on. Like I said he can't really say he was defending himself because he did not try to remove himself from the situation and she is a female. Don't give me the equality BS either. It won't fly in court.

Last edited:
No, he shouldn't have but I would like to know the age/location breakdown of those acknowledging equal blame and those who want to crucify the QB. Women at some of these bars/clubs aren't dainty little things. I would hope I would never react how this QB did in that circumstance but women in 2015 are just as aggressive as men, let's not kid ourselves. I think anyone ages 18-35 would see this on weekends when they go out.
Holy .

Actually, this is helpful. You are willing to go on the record as saying there is "equal blame" between the two parties? And the other side (those unreasonable monsters!) is "crucifying" the QB. And you say this after having actually watched the video. That's just...a special kind of wow. I'm guessing you are also the kind of guy who thinks that a rape victim had it coming because she wore a short skirt.

Let me make this simple for you. This is not a case where different generations see things differently. This isn't just one of those cases where people with different life experiences see something differently. Whether the woman was "aggressive" or not isn't the issue. It is NEVER ok for a man to punch a woman in the face in anger. It is especially not ok when the man happens to have the strength of a division 1 football player. He plainly was not acting in self defense. He was pissed and he drilled her in the face. That is unjustifiable, and your focus on the victim is misplaced. If she was out of line (and she very likely was), there are acceptable ways of handling that which do not include drilling her in the eye with one's fist. The fact that the police/DA see that, the majority of this board sees that, the vast majority of the American public sees that, and even Jimbo freakin' Fisher sees that, and you don't should give you pause.

Holy .

Actually, this is helpful. You are willing to go on the record as saying there is "equal blame" between the two parties? And the other side (those unreasonable monsters!) is "crucifying" the QB. And you say this after having actually watched the video. That's just...a special kind of wow. I'm guessing you are also the kind of guy who thinks that a rape victim had it coming because she wore a short skirt.

Let me make this simple for you. This is not a case where different generations see things differently. This isn't just one of those cases where people with different life experiences see something differently. Whether the woman was "aggressive" or not isn't the issue. It is NEVER ok for a man to punch a woman in the face in anger. It is especially not ok when the man happens to have the strength of a division 1 football player. He plainly was not acting in self defense. He was pissed and he drilled her in the face. That is unjustifiable, and your focus on the victim is misplaced. If she was out of line (and she very likely was), there are acceptable ways of handling that which do not include drilling her in the eye with one's fist. The fact that the police/DA see that, the majority of this board sees that, the vast majority of the American public sees that, and even Jimbo freakin' Fisher sees that, and you don't should give you pause.
Lol... Chill.

Seriously, I don't know what people think the bar scene is like these days. At least where I've gone in the last 10+ years, I have never once seen a woman hit by a man. Seen plenty of fights, but have never seen that.
I spent my 20's going out in Long Island and NYC and now at 32 in Atlanta, go out in Buckhead and Midtown. I don't see stuff like this in EDM clubs like Pacha NYC and a few places in ATL but at bars in Buckhead and bars on Long Island where alcohol is the main event, I have seen some pretty scandalous ish.

I'm not condoning it, I just won't crucify him. There's a difference (grey area) that people like leftyg can't comprehend. Everything is not black and white.

That was a short straight shot to her face from a D1 football player and she remained standing. Too bad she didn't ask him if that's all he's got.

I spent my 20's going out in Long Island and NYC and now at 32 in Atlanta, go out in Buckhead and Midtown. I don't see stuff like this in EDM clubs like Pacha NYC and a few places in ATL but at bars in Buckhead and bars on Long Island where alcohol is the main event, I have seen some pretty scandalous ish.

I'm not condoning it, I just won't crucify him. There's a difference (grey area) that people like leftyg can't comprehend. Everything is not black and white.

I'll happily crucify him (not in the literal sense), because he deserves it.

I'll happily crucify him (not in the literal sense), because he deserves it.
That's fine. I get where you're coming from. My opinion is skewed by ratchet stuff I've seen multiple times and i'll absolutely admit that plays into my thoughts on the subject.

That's fine. I get where you're coming from. My opinion is skewed by ratchet stuff I've seen multiple times and i'll absolutely admit that plays into my thoughts on the subject.
so maybe - just maybe - you are the one who isn't seeing clearly.

This isn't an issue of my not being able to comprehend shades of gray. I'm decidedly not the kind of guy who only sees in black and white. I'm a lawyer who has handled mostly child abuse and neglect cases for the last 10 years. I've seen a lot of f'ed up stuff and have a crystal clear understanding that situations can be incredibly emotional and volatile and complex. I've worked to both prosecute people and to overturn findings, depending on the evidence and where the case goes. There is very little in the world that is black and white.

But you know what is black and white? Don't beat women and children. It's not ok to prey on those weaker than you. I'm sorry that seems difficult for you to grasp, but that is a you thing and not a me thing.

You should be able to remove yourself from the situations you've seen from a D-1 player punching a much smaller female. He wasn't man enough to walk away. If that was a guy twice his size do you think the whole encounter would have gone differently? For me, it's like a human assaulting an animal because they can. He punched her because he knew she couldn't do anything about it. He's a f*cking p*ssy.

seems to me that this douche was going to manhandle her until he got what he felt he was entitled to, a spot at the bar. how anyone can defend his actions including shoving her around to begin with is mind boggling. And yep, some people think it's okay to shove others in a crowded bar, they're aholes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.