FSU vs The ACC | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

There's no doubt in my mind that MooSU is considered dead wood by the SEC. Ole Miss may have its head on the block, too. There are a whole bunch of teams operating under the total misapprehension that they're safe, when the bluebloods will be perfectly content to get rid of them in a picosecond when the ultraconferences are formed.
I agree with you 100% - curious what the big boys will insist upon to keep schools at the big boy table. I think the no classes is the poison pill, my guess is budget minimum that will scare most schools off.

I agree with you 100% - curious what the big boys will insist upon to keep schools at the big boy table. I think the no classes is the poison pill, my guess is budget minimum that will scare most schools off.
One thing everyone is leaving out is. These will be professional teams and the tax man will get his share and check the books.
They will no longer be tax exempt.
And the tv money will be itemized by the tax man.

More important, if Aggie is the lone TX/Southern school in the BT, it is all alone. It will stand out as a freak to all that TX talent.

Thi is where love of money always does you in.If Aggie - already rich because of so many sums making fat contributions, did not love money, Aggie would realize that it could get away from Texas and remain in the South with at least 1 TX school annual rival by joining the ACC. Aggie would have enough power because of its massive athletics department giving to demand that it play at least 1 Away game every year in Miami or Tallahassee or CA or maybe Atlanta, and that it never play a Nov Away game north of VA (except for Calford).
Respectfully, the Aggies didn't chase money. When Arkansas left the SEC, TAMU wanted to joint the SEC, too. It, Baylor (via the alumnus governor) blocked the Aggies from joining the SEC. Money wasn't the issue.

When TAMU had the opportunity to leave, they left for the SEC. The real blow up in money came after the Aggies joined the SEC.

While I would gladly welcome the Aggies to the ACC, they genuinely want to be in the SEC.

Similarly when I talk to a few FSU fans they admit that midwest B1G road trips would not be fun after Columbus Day. Sure some are bucket list stadiums and SoCal in November is awesome but ACC locations are better overall. Native Floridians think the northern states freeze over by Halloween. To someone from South Florida even Tallahassee is considered a tundra (hyperbole kinda) from November through March.

BL: the SEC is their homerun, the B1G would be a money grab. The B12 is noise. However, in their fantasy some loophole will be found allowing them to leave for free or under $50M.
Some years ago, UVa played OU in the Gator Bowl in Jax (don't ask about the score). One of our board's posters lived in Miami and was talking with his GF about going to the game. She had lived her whole life in South Florida. When he told her the game was in Jax she said, "I couldn't live in Jacksonville. It's too cold there."

Breaking news: inside source has Clemson and FSU going to pac 12 and booting WSU and OSU. They’ll play each week and share revenues for the entire conference.
Is this a 8 or 9 game schedule? Will they finally add SDSU? How about Hawaii? You can't leave us hanging with so many questions to be resolved! (Sarcasm off)

One thing everyone is leaving out is. These will be professional teams and the tax man will get his share and check the books.
They will no longer be tax exempt.
And the tv money will be itemized by the tax man.
I agree...we are very close to it already.

If players have to pay taxes...why do the schools get a break?

In my view, it’s only complicated if you’re trying to break it, especially without having to pay half a billion dollars. Then, it’s impossible.
Like all contracts, they are wonderful unless you want to get out of it. FSU'S Alford is making FSU look terrible. If they would just dict tape Alford's mouth shut for a couple weeks, cooler heads could prevail.

Even now, Alford is trying to mend fences but he has offended everyone, including potential landing spots, so that no one wants to be near him or acknowledge him. FSU should dump him ASAP.

Like all contracts, they are wonderful unless you want to get out of it. FSU'S Alford is making FSU look terrible. If they would just dict tape Alford's mouth shut for a couple weeks, cooler heads could prevail.

Even now, Alford is trying to mend fences but he has offended everyone, including potential landing spots, so that no one wants to be near him or acknowledge him. FSU should dump him ASAP.
It seems a lot of people feel they can bully their way in or out of contracts.

I agree...we are very close to it already.

If players have to pay taxes...why do the schools get a break?
And beyond that, the schools better worry about, the government looking into other aspects of college business.
Title 9 is still out there, and the government doesn't like people trying to circumvent regulations.

Is this a 8 or 9 game schedule? Will they finally add SDSU? How about Hawaii? You can't leave us hanging with so many questions to be resolved! (Sarcasm off)
9 games, they play each other each week. They're so high and mighty that no other schools are worthy of competing with either of them. At the end of the season, the team with the better record is crowned national champion.

Most TAMU people I know do NOT want the B1G. The talk seems to be internet bloggers initiating clickbait.

While the Aggies are not pleased with UT in the SEC, the B1G is not attractive as the away games are atrocious, outside of a few places, when compared to what the fans are accustomed to. Especially based on late season weather.

Just like there ought to be more political parties, so that more people have access, it's really awful to see how there aren't still basically-regional (or at least "same time zone") conferences anymore.

It's not good for the athletes. It has watered down the product. NIL and the portal have led to massive turnover in personnel. I wish we could somehow blow this all up, and redraw new regional sports conferences, and they were all paid roughly equal money. That would solve a lot of problems.

It seems a lot of people feel they can bully their way in or out of contracts.

Yeah, it's one of the things I've noticed in the last 10 years. People think they can just bluster their way in business. You still need to know your stuff, or as they say BS walks.

I worked in the music business for Walter Yetnikoff at CBS. Nobody ever yelled in business like Jewish people in the music business, trust me. But they absolutelly knew their shtt. They knew the numbers. They didn't just pull numbers out of their butts, "because this is how much I want to walk away with."

I can't tell you how many more morons are out there in business now, as compared to 15-20 years ago. Absolutely ignorant people, who have other people to tell them what to think. Just as long as they get to yell and act out. <SMH>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom