FSU vs The ACC | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

The creation of the two ultraconferences will more likely (IMO) involve subtracting from and not adding to. The B1G and SEC will get rid of who they consider their dead wood, and it won't be limited to Northwestern and Vanderbilt.
Hard to imagine the admins trying to navigate the politics of disassociating from Vandy or NW, but some stranger things have already probably occurred...

Would that even be realistically possible? Additionally, some of the deadwood schools such as Rutgers, Northwestern, Vanderbilt etc... are highly ranked academically
They'll create onerous requirements that the perceived deadwood will choose not to/can't meet. They'll let schools out of any GoR just to be rid of them. Academics won't matter in the slightest bit because the ultimate endgame (that I've been flogging for a long time) is that players won't have to attend class. It will probably mean leaving the NCAA for football and both basketball teams. For Vanderbilt and Northwestern, that's a total non-starter.

Hard to imagine the admins trying to navigate the politics of disassociating from Vandy or NW, but some stranger things have already probably occurred...
Yes, the administrators love that, but the boosters don't care. For a lot of schools, athletic money talks way louder than academic money (and that assumes there even is academic money).

They'll create onerous requirements that the perceived deadwood will choose not to/can't meet. They'll let schools out of any GoR just to be rid of them. Academics won't matter in the slightest bit because the ultimate endgame (that I've been flogging for a long time) is that players won't have to attend class. It will probably mean leaving the NCAA for football and both basketball teams. For Vanderbilt and Northwestern, that's a total non-starter.
This is probably the answer to the question implicit in my last post. Get the deadwood to "Ivy Themselves", so to speak. Much easier to maneuver that way if the institutions that prefer to remain best known as educational institutions leave of their "own" accord.

This is probably the answer to the question implicit in my last post. Get the deadwood to "Ivy Themselves", so to speak. Much easier to maneuver that way if the institutions that prefer to remain best known as educational institutions leave of their "own" accord.
Exactamente. "We didn't throw them out, they chose to leave. We wish them well in their future endeavors."

Exactamente. "We didn't throw them out, they chose to leave. We wish them well in their future endeavors."
Why would it end there? In such system in which squeezing every opieneny so the super rich get even more super duper richer, how Cana. Miss St have any value whatsoever?MS is a small poor sate. Having Ole Miss in the SEC is one thing, but Miss ST? In some ways Miss St is far more superfluous than Vandy, which at least is in a fairly large, prosperous state capital of a state with much more money than MS.

And if ND joins the BT to remain BIG Time in football, how can the BT get max profit by having 3 teams in IN? Mid size state with very poor football history other than ND. Low average HS football, and once you cut out ND fans, IN has many times more NFL fans than CFB fans.

So it may be that if this train is allowed to run to he end of its track, what we will see is a League of full Pro team with the names of universities, and the grand total may be around 30. Possibly as low as 20.

The only current ACC team that would make sense even wanting to be in that would be FSU. Dolphins can;t keep a decent sized fan base anymore, so Canes as Pro-College would be a joke. They might buy some nice talent, but they will have fewer fans than they do right now because they would be competing against the Dolphins for fans of Pro football.

Why would it end there? In such system in which squeezing every opieneny so the super rich get even more super duper richer, how Cana. Miss St have any value whatsoever?MS is a small poor sate. Having Ole Miss in the SEC is one thing, but Miss ST? In some ways Miss St is far more superfluous than Vandy, which at least is in a fairly large, prosperous state capital of a state with much more money than MS.

And if ND joins the BT to remain BIG Time in football, how can the BT get max profit by having 3 teams in IN? Mid size state with very poor football history other than ND. Low average HS football, and once you cut out ND fans, IN has many times more NFL fans than CFB fans.

So it may be that if this train is allowed to run to he end of its track, what we will see is a League of full Pro team with the names of universities, and the grand total may be around 30. Possibly as low as 20.

The only current ACC team that would make sense even wanting to be in that would be FSU. Dolphins can;t keep a decent sized fan base anymore, so Canes as Pro-College would be a joke. They might buy some nice talent, but they will have fewer fans than they do right now because they would be competing against the Dolphins for fans of Pro football.
There's no doubt in my mind that MooSU is considered dead wood by the SEC. Ole Miss may have its head on the block, too. There are a whole bunch of teams operating under the total misapprehension that they're safe, when the bluebloods will be perfectly content to get rid of them in a picosecond when the ultraconferences are formed.

Would love to get WV back on the schedule
"You smell that? It's burning couches. I love the smell of burning couches in the afternoon. It smells like victory."

d.jpg

Last edited:
The creation of the two ultraconferences will more likely (IMO) involve subtracting from and not adding to. The B1G and SEC will get rid of who they consider their dead wood, and it won't be limited to Northwestern and Vanderbilt.
This is incredibly unlikely. Lawsuits galore.

Now, could members split off and leave some behind? Sure.

But literally booting schools out of the existing B1G and SEC? Nope.

I agree. IMO there are way too many hurdles that would need to be cleared for the end game that Hoo is predicting.

Even if it happens, this Super League will not have a monopoly on college football. All these networks and steaming platforms will still need content. A Super League will only have 15ish games available and some of those won't be watchable.

I am still going to SU games and will be watching the ones I do not attend. I am not going to start watching Michigan games instead. I rather watch a 4-3 Pitt vs 5-2 UVA game (assuming we are in the same league) vs watching a 4-3 Penn State vs 5-2 Tennessee game.

I think that would be the case for most left behind fanbases. You identify with your state school or alma mater. You won't start paying subscription services to watch teams that you have no connection with. How many of these fans subscribed to Peacock to watch those B18 games last year? The SEC game of the week most will watch, but how many are watching those mid level SEC games over an in conference game? How many watch the SEC network?

Yes, there will be a huge gap in talent and money (there already is BTW). But does it matter if we never play those schools? Plus with those schools gone we would actually have a chance at winning a national title. Wouldn't that increase interest for the left behinds?

I do think the top 2-3 Super League games a week would be huge. And the playoffs will be off the charts. But there will still be plenty of room for those 30-60ish programs to be successful. In a way, even more successful as they can actually win conference and national titles now.

I don't think a Super League split will be anything like FBS vs FCS. The left behinds would be more akin IMO to watching MLS.

No, they won't boot them. They don't have the votes since it takes a 3/4 vote in most conferences. They'll just make staying horribly onerous in one way or another and people will ask to leave of their own volition. And the bluebloods will be more than willing to let them go.

No, they won't boot them. They don't have the votes since it takes a 3/4 vote in most conferences. They'll just make staying horribly onerous in one way or another and people will ask to leave of their own volition. And the bluebloods will be more than willing to let them go.
I don’t think they even need to go through that process, because I don’t think the eventual top tier of teams will be contained within the B1G/SEC. Eventually the top tier teams from those leagues will leave to form their own conference outside the NCAA. The rest of the schools will be left behind to figure it out on their own.

I don’t think they even need to go through that process, because I don’t think the eventual top tier of teams will be contained within the B1G/SEC. Eventually the top tier teams from those leagues will leave to form their own conference outside the NCAA. The rest of the schools will be left behind to figure it out on their own.
Definitely yes. This is exactly what I've been saying all along. A big feature of leaving the NCAA will be making class attendance optional (which really means forbidden).

Meh. I don’t see it. A school making nearly $100 million a year in conference revenue ain’t going to give that up. Plus you’ll need at least a majority vote to deploy these burdensome policies you suggest. Who’s voting for their own demise?

SEC: Vandy Miss St

BIG: RU Purdue NW Illinois (?)

It’s possible they all could drop down to the new P3 conference, which I firmly believe Syracuse will be a part of.

It also wouldn’t shock me to see Nebraska switch to the SEC West to reunite with UT/OU and Texas A&M to the Big Ten West to get out of Austin’s shadow

It’s possible they all could drop down to the new P3 conference, which I firmly believe Syracuse will be a part of.

It also wouldn’t shock me to see Nebraska switch to the SEC West to reunite with UT/OU and Texas A&M to the Big Ten West to get out of Austin’s shadow
Most TAMU people I know do NOT want the B1G. The talk seems to be internet bloggers initiating clickbait.

While the Aggies are not pleased with UT in the SEC, the B1G is not attractive as the away games are atrocious, outside of a few places, when compared to what the fans are accustomed to. Especially based on late season weather.

Most TAMU people I know do NOT want the B1G. The talk seems to be internet bloggers initiating clickbait.

While the Aggies are not pleased with UT in the SEC, the B1G is not attractive as the away games are atrocious, outside of a few places, when compared to what the fans are accustomed to. Especially based on late season weather.
Similarly when I talk to a few FSU fans they admit that midwest B1G road trips would not be fun after Columbus Day. Sure some are bucket list stadiums and SoCal in November is awesome but ACC locations are better overall. Native Floridians think the northern states freeze over by Halloween. To someone from South Florida even Tallahassee is considered a tundra (hyperbole kinda) from November through March.

BL: the SEC is their homerun, the B1G would be a money grab. The B12 is noise. However, in their fantasy some loophole will be found allowing them to leave for free or under $50M.

You think Nebraska wants to get back under Texas? Texas is the only school that Nebraska hated in the Big 12.

More important, if Aggie is the lone TX/Southern school in the BT, it is all alone. It will stand out as a freak to all that TX talent.

Thi is where love of money always does you in.If Aggie - already rich because of so many sums making fat contributions, did not love money, Aggie would realize that it could get away from Texas and remain in the South with at least 1 TX school annual rival by joining the ACC. Aggie would have enough power because of its massive athletics department giving to demand that it play at least 1 Away game every year in Miami or Tallahassee or CA or maybe Atlanta, and that it never play a Nov Away game north of VA (except for Calford).

no school is getting kicked out.
But for sure the B1G is going to kick out... checks thread... Purdue and Illinois.

Wait, no, they won't get kicked out... checks thread... the conference, which includes them, will have membership enact some really onerous policy that'll make them want to leave.

Conference realignment fantasy booking always brings out the most unhinged takes.

no school is getting kicked out.
No, they'll be induced to leave. Likely by being forced to abandon too much of their academic identity and actual mission in the name of sports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom