Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned a potential big donation a while back. Can't remember who it was, but was curious if this was it? Anyone know?

I am still trying to get my head around the John Syracuse Ring of Fire at Hendricks Chapel.

Something just doesn't seem right about it.

Just for clarification, it describes the existing Shaffer Art Building. It is not talking about a new building. Sorry, I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or simply confused.
Thanks, I did see that. Bad wording on my part.

I have a dumb question...If she passed away in 2012 and her husband passed in 1997, how did she donate money in 2016? Curious to know the details. Was it willed to the University to donate 4 years after her passing? Did their children decide to donate it?

Anyone know?

In any case, it's pretty awesome.

I have a dumb question...If she passed away in 2012 and her husband passed in 1997, how did she donate money in 2016? Curious to know the details. Was it willed to the University to donate 4 years after her passing? Did their children decide to donate it?

Anyone know?

In any case, it's pretty awesome.

Some wills are incredibly complicated and it takes a long time to clean the estate up before knowing how much will be disbursed. Also, there is no telling when the university actually received the gift. They may have received it more than a year ago and have been working to find the right project for it to be applied to.

tipphill said:
why would the quad be named after that guy????just curious.

Saved the University fiscally and dramatically improved its academic standing. Ya know stuff like that.

Saved the University fiscally and dramatically improved its academic standing. Ya know stuff like that.

I just hope that the university never recognizes the dumpsterfire that was Cantor's tenure. Unless they can find a way to reflect the cash fire and plummeting academic rankings.

I just hope that the university never recognizes the dumpsterfire that was Cantor's tenure. Unless they can find a way to reflect the cash fire and plummeting academic rankings.
they'll throw her name on something so small and inconsequential that she'd prefer to not have anything

They already put her name on the Warehouse. Might have been before she left.

This trend of naming things after living people is moronic. Naming the Quad is even worse.

They already put her name on the Warehouse.

Incredibly fitting. Something that spent an unnecessary amount of money to place students completed separated from campus in all ill-conceived and ultimately fruitless campaign.

Incredibly fitting. Something that spent an unnecessary amount of money to place students completed separated from campus in all ill-conceived and ultimately fruitless campaign.

Eh, they needed the swing space and didn't spend a ton on the acquisition or renovations. Unlike some of her schemes, this one's been successful - the building's in active use and has become something of an attraction for a certain type of student.

Still believe the naming was dopey.

they'll throw her name on something so small and inconsequential that she'd prefer to not have anything

I think they are raising money for a statue on the Quad for her...using this as the inspiration.

2011-11-12-dn-subasket9cjpg-ba771a3b058281a1.jpg

Last evening I had a conversation with a good friend of mine who works as an usher at the dome. She was told that the dome reno is a done deal & that it involves a new roof, stadium seating on the 1st level with the benches with backs moved up to the 3rd level & more/better boxes on the 2nd level & more stuff I can't remember. Also expanding the dome out (at gate D I think she said), creating a walk of champions, moving the statues from the IPF etc... & work will start in May as soon as classes are done. I told her that based on stuff I've read here, the BOT hasn't voted on anything yet, but she's convinced based on the 2 people who shared all this with her. Maybe BOT vote is just a formality? It doesn't make sense to me that it would start so soon since season tickets for upcoming season have been sold. But if no disruption to either FB or BB is anticipated, then maybe?? Our tickets are in the 3rd level, so benches/backs would be a big improvement!

New fabric roof or a new hard roof?

Also if true, make those stadium seats Orange

Benches in the 3rd Level sounds good...but I wonder if leg room will suffer?

Also, did your source mention changing the facade?

New fabric roof or a new hard roof?

Also if true, make those stadium seats Orange

Benches in the 3rd Level sounds good...but I wonder if leg room will suffer?
I thought they already ruled out an air supported roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom