Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Costco's Cheese Aging Facility
6550229227_d31ae9a1db.jpg

We have found that the products we get at COSTCO --- eggs, milk, fruit, vegetables, some meat --- are fresher and of a higher quality than we can get at any supermarket, including Wegmans. I'm sure it has to do with the length of time they sit in the supply chain and the turnover at the store. Of course, if you don't know the difference between a really fresh egg and an older one, It won't matter.

And there are areas where COSTCO has a greater selection like cheeses, especially good imported cheeses.
While I enjoy shopping at Costco, I've found much of the produce to be borderline. It depends on the item, but there are plenty of items that are already rotting.

For cheese, I'll head to Trader Joe's.

On the Dome front... was hoping that some more concrete plans would be released by now. I suspect that it's all a matter of $$$. Maybe SU should buy some lottery tickets.

What a real grocery market cheese section looks like when the customer base actually knows the difference.
upload_2016-10-27_15-47-18.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-27_15-45-22.jpeg
    upload_2016-10-27_15-45-22.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 29
Come on guys. The last 4 pages have nothing to do with Campus Framework Presentation.

Take your discussion of cheeses, Wegmans, and Costco to an OT thread

I too am interested in the new renovations and I wonder if they're involved in the I-81 planning process. They seem to have taken that show on the road and have the public presentations scheduled. Getting 30-50k people in and out of the University area is likely a component of any major roadwork.

What I've learned in this thread:
  1. Nobody really knows what the Dome reno is going to look like
  2. We have a real feel for what the campus will look like in the future
  3. Because you prefer Costco, this means Wegmans will go out of business.
:noidea:

They may have no choice. It may depend on the legitimacy of the agreement after the $200M in renovations and whether the dome is the essentially same building that the agreement was based on or considered a different structure due to the large architectural changes.

We need to have some faith in our legal eagle Chancellor - his legal contacts are widespread on any issue. Nuff said.

I too am interested in the new renovations and I wonder if they're involved in the I-81 planning process. They seem to have taken that show on the road and have the public presentations scheduled. Getting 30-50k people in and out of the University area is likely a component of any major roadwork.

Bingo! A bigger issue but SU prefers to bring down the elevated highway and have an elegant boulevard leading into campus. Figuring that out will cost more $$$ than naming rights cost/benefits.

Wow - didn't mean to start a war about grocery stores from my original 135 posts ago about rumors of naming rights negotiations going on.

Last edited:
I can't watch that propaganda for the cheese elite.

This reminds me of when Gingrich tried to make Obama an elitist snob by killing him for using dijon mustard on a hamburger. Like Gingrich isn't well acquainted with all manner of "fancy" and "elitist" food.

(Thought I'd do my part to take this as far as we can OT)

This reminds me of when Gingrich tried to make Obama an elitist snob by killing him for using dijon mustard on a hamburger. Like Gingrich isn't well acquainted with all manner of "fancy" and "elitist" food.

(Thought I'd do my part to take this as far as we can OT)

John Kerry did ask for swiss cheese on a cheese steak in Philadelphia in place of Cheese Whiz. I gues he knew asking for Guyere was futile.

Pat's vs. Geno's: Cheese steak war still simmers in Philadelphia.

Last edited:
getting back to the dome and Rt 81 discussion

As great as it would be to have SU take ownership of the property where Pioneer Homes is now, where are you going to house all of the people that currently live there?

I went to an Rt81 meeting last week, the renderings of what the city would look like without the viaduct are impressive. I would love to see a dome reno that included tailgate areas on the other side of the highway. It would be a pipe dream to think Wegman's could be the dome sponsor and provide concessions throughout, including a small scale grocery store located somewhere along Almond St. after the bridges come down. But I also want NYS to sell wine and liquor in the grocery store too and that isn't happening anytime soon.

Chr!st, we can't even get Uber up here because of Albany

yum. Guyere is the best.

Great.

Please make sure the next time you are at either Pat's or Geno's cheese steak joints in South Philly off of Passyunk Ave. you ask for it instead of the Cheese Whiz.

Wear your wind surfing outfit too. They are big on that in South Fuladelya.

Cuomo said today in the Times-Union that he was in favor of Uber in upstate. Just sayin
yes I heard that. But it's the senate and assembly that cannot agree on how much liability insurance a driver must carry. That is why it didn't get passed last spring. Unless those idiots can have a come to jesus meeting it won't get passed next spring either. It all depends on how much the taxi lobby is willing to spend to keep status quo.

Now back to the dome reno...what if it's Top's Friendly Market that ends up buying the naming rights? They have been a sponsor for quite a long time but geez, their stores are horrible ((shudder))

yes I heard that. But it's the senate and assembly that cannot agree on how much liability insurance a driver must carry. That is why it didn't get passed last spring. Unless those idiots can have a come to jesus meeting it won't get passed next spring either. It all depends on how much the taxi lobby is willing to spend to keep status quo.

Now back to the dome reno...what if it's Top's Friendly Market that ends up buying the naming rights? They have been a sponsor for quite a long time but geez, their stores are horrible ((shudder))

Their stores aren't that bad compared to other super-markets, when compared to Wegmans they look sub par.

Tops has by far and away the best chips ever. They have a Cheddar Horseradish that are absolutely tremendous and addicting. I make a special stop each week to get two bags when they have them on special.

Their stores aren't that bad compared to other super-markets, when compared to Wegmans they look sub par.

Tops has by far and away the best chips ever. They have a Cheddar Horseradish that are absolutely tremendous and addicting. I make a special stop each week to get two bags when they have them on special.
Would I be hijacking this thread even further by expressing my opinion that flavored chips are an abomination by evil food lords?

As great as it would be to have SU take ownership of the property where Pioneer Homes is now, where are you going to house all of the people that currently live there?

I went to an Rt81 meeting last week, the renderings of what the city would look like without the viaduct are impressive.
First of all, there is a glut of office space downtown that could be converted to apartments to house displaced residents.

Re: renderings - since when are renderings ever not impressive??? I think it's cute that this boulevard will be lined by 30' maple trees right from the outset. If pioneer homes is not demolished they will be the gateway to the city. Now that's impressive.

First of all, there is a glut of office space downtown that could be converted to apartments to house displaced residents.

Re: renderings - since when are renderings ever not impressive??? I think it's cute that this boulevard will be lined by 30' maple trees right from the outset. If pioneer homes is not demolished they will be the gateway to the city. Now that's impressive.
c'mon man, the 1950's government brain trust created the projects and the highway that decimated a neighborhood and divided a city. The bridge needs to go, take 481 if you need to bypass the city. Is it really that upsetting to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom