Future Head Coaching Candidates Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Future Head Coaching Candidates Thread

Hate to go all Dukie on you but whichever of the following does not get the Duke job when K retires:

Chris Collins
Tommy Amaker

When we replace Boeheim we'll probably have posters wanted to hire whoever had a good run in the NCAA's the previous years. I wonder if some of them will be the same people who say JB's Final Four run last year doesn't mean anything.

If people think GMac is a legit option, that this to me is 100% about JB wanting to coach more and Wildehack letting him. Earlier in the day I thought it was that Hop was longer the CIW and there would be a national serach once JB left - so Hop saw a safe landing spot and jumped...

This didn't all happen today.
Washington knew it was going to oust Lorenzo Romar.
And the school must have been talking to Hop's agent.

After all this time playing the Prince Charles of coaching...isn't it likely that Hop would have waited one more year to take over?
So it seems likely he knew something about Boeheim getting more time.
And took the great job at Washington.

It's a great job because he can only do better.
Hard to see how Romar could go 9-22 with arguably the best individual talent in the country in Markelle Fultz.
All Mike Hopkins has to do to improve is win the proverbial 10 games.

Also...doesn't seem GMac is in line for the Syracuse throne if Red Autry is the new Associate Head Coach.

Brad Stevens and Billy Donovan aren't leaving the NBA for this job. It's best to just drop those thoughts.

Unless we have money that I didn't know we were willing to spend, paired with dome renovations approved and underway, Jay Wright is not coming either.

Would request other ideas than these 3.

Coach Few would be great but I don't know how willing he'd be to leave Gonzaga.
We are $200M + short on Dome renovation $$.

Whoever it will be, it won't be a P5 retread or flavor of the minute.

Maybe Izzo and Boeheim could just switch jobs. Seems plausible that each would be willing to leave the places where they've spent most of their lives and careers to try to something new.

Makes sense to me.

The names being dropped in this thread has caused me to literally laugh out loud.

Izzo? Few? Stevens? Wright? Collins? Donovan?

What, no Coach K or Popovich?

I believe these names were offered if we as fans had a choice. I know I meant it that way with Izzo. Let's face it SU would not be willing to pay most of these characters.

The names being dropped in this thread has caused me to literally laugh out loud.

Izzo? Few? Stevens? Wright? Collins? Donovan?

What, no Coach K or Popovich?

I prefer to think big. I wouldn't settle for that up and coming coach from Elon or South Dakota State or wherever. Identify the best candidates (and yes, Brad Stevens belongs on that list) and then find out if you can afford them and if they are interested. And if the head coach of Elon is one of your top candidates, you hire him, but don't limit the search because you think someone may not be interested or affordable.

Honestly, has Cronin ever been in considerations for bigger teams?

I've liked frank Martin since his k state days. Ok maybe I don't like him but he is entertaining as hell to watch and while I always thought he was a very. Good coach, today cemented it. He had to have watched tape of our second half vs Duke cause he copied the game plan.

Yeah so he is a hothead. Who cares? He is not gonna be my friend, but he will entertain us and he wins. Think of the pressers with this guy!

I've liked frank Martin since his k state days. Ok maybe I don't like him but he is entertaining as hell to watch and while I always thought he was a very. Good coach, today cemented it. He had to have watched tape of our second half vs Duke cause he copied the game plan.

Yeah so he is a hothead. Who cares? He is not gonna be my friend, but he will entertain us and he wins. Think of the pressers with this guy!
He gave Boeheim a big tip of the cap post game, parlaying him and K as coaches he is honored to coach against and need to have it together to play.

He can coach but I never have been a big fan of his and wouldn't want him here. Lack of emotional control.

He gave Boeheim a big tip of the cap post game, parlaying him and K as coaches he is honored to coach against and need to have it together to play.

He can coach but I never have been a big fan of his and wouldn't want him here. Lack of emotional control.

Frank Martin:

south-carolinas-new-basketball-coach-admits-he-used-to-give-money-to-college-players.jpg

Colonel Quaritch:

NEtAdLKhRatYxv_2_b.jpg

What woudl the Coach's Show be like?!?

who'd wichita state beat.? sos 164. lost to louisville and mich st. where's the beef this year ?

schedule link : Wichita State Shockers RPI Breakdown

It was a one possession game vs UK tonight. What do you want? For the last time; nobody will play WSU. Nobody will do a home and home with them since they are feared now and teams don't want that possible loss in the OOC. Self and Kansas won't play them. I've heard Fraschilla on Sirius discuss them. They were in Bahamas this past season and will be in Maui next season.

Please no one with a southern accent. (No offense y'all)

And no one too happy or handsome or charming.