Future | Syracusefan.com

Future

orangetrain

Walk On
Im a business owner in town, and long time lurker. I support the university football and basketball teams. For football I buy 20 season tickets per year, plus 12 basketball tickets. Recently my excitement for the program has been at a all time high, culminating in a great time at the pinstripe bowl. Now this!! I do not blame Marrone, and do not blame the university. Things happen! I will say that if Marrone stays with SU and it turns out this was a power move, I will never contribute again. If the interest was genuine, then i am willing to forgive. However If change is made I will fully support a new regime. Let's not lose sight of that!

Just had to vent.

What if it was to raise his recruiting profile ?? Problem is well never know. You'll get over it and continue to support marrone and team

if the move was to lock him up with more money and we get a new facility out of it then why would you be pissed at him? It has to be done and we HAVE to upgrade facilities..for freakin sake wake forest puts us to shame with what they have. Marrone just needs to decide by the end of the weekend or it could kill or recruiting class and well lose a year of progress.

What if it was a power move to push for better facilities? I hope he at least gets that out of the deal.

By "power move", you mean a ploy by Marrone to get SU to make good on its' promises to upgrade the facilities?

So ... if Marrone takes an NFL job, you'll have no problem supporting the new coach with the same old stale facilities.

But if Marrone doesn't leave SU and the Indoor Football Palace finally gets built ... you're done?

I'm not pissed at Marrone at all, but in fact I am one of his biggest supporter, but Positioning for new facilities etc... Can be done another way. Not by threatening to take your matchbox cars and going home. I have never been asked by the university, or Marrone for additional support. Would I give more? Maybe.

marrones a smart guy, he wouldn't be doing this if it could have been done in an easier way. I'm not ruling out he wants to be an nfl coach, but the BOT hasnt come through and the 1.25 mil he makes his chump change in college athletics. Pay the man, get going on a new facility already.

I'm not pissed at Marrone at all, but in fact I am one of his biggest supporter, but Positioning for new facilities etc... Can be done another way. Not by threatening to take your matchbox cars and going home. I have never been asked by the university, or Marrone for additional support. Would I give more? Maybe.
You do realize that what you will say you would do(if this was a power move) is analogous to taking your matchbox cars and going home as well?

Agreed. Let's just get it over with one way or another. Then Monday am someone from SU needs to call around to busineess' in town and get donations. Let's get it done.

I am a business owner as well and a Board member of one of the SU schools.

Please stick to your 20 and 12. You have been part of the solution. Keep at it. In return, willing to 1) give free marketing counsel from your firm, and 2) introduce you to Bees (board moderator, 24-year old female stripper.

Keep the passion!

I have been a season ticket holder since age 14...and always will be because i am an Orange fan...not a spoiled child

As a business owner in NYC, thank you for supporting our diverse local economy.

If Bees was stripping on the side, that would surely make for a diverse local economy.

Tristy is in Cuba pleasuring Chavez during his last precious moments.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thats messed up...though funny...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Tristy is in Cuba pleasuring Chavez again during his last precious moments.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Slight correction. Don't want you to be accused of revisionist history.

If Bees was stripping on the side, that would surely make for a diverse local economy.

Correction the local economy would hit the crapper because of a epidemic of hysterical blindness.

what if his "power play" was similar to the former Wisconsin head coach who left for Arkansas because he couldn't get the needed money for his assistants? Marrone could be totally selfish in his objectives here OR he could want more money for his assistants and better facilities for his players.

orangetrain, I don't really get where you're coming from. First, unless DM tells you straight up that he did it as a power play, how would you know his motives? Second, if it helps improve the program, why would that piss you off?

If Marrone stays at SU and gets more money for the program, it will only translate into more on-the-field success, which should make you even happier. You will attract more clients by dangling sweet tix to big games. Win, win, win. Winning all around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom