Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Y

You wanna watch this crappy 1950’s zone for 10 more years ? Amazing.
Jim toyed with man pre season i expect us to actually play some next year. Jims stubborn as a mule but hes smart , wants to win and isn't blind. He might not admit it but he knows the zone is an issue.

Adam W.'s offer to Marcus Adams is for 2023. He's looking at recruits and transfers for 2023/2024, more to come on that soon :)
In the recruiting world 2024 is light years away. If a kid blows up next year and becomes a more valuable commodity in the open market, no "contract" he signs now will require him to honor it. You can dispute that, but the reality is he's back to renegotiating with AW or will be looking at other opportunities. The lawyers will have a field day and that just adds to the spectacle which is the NIL.

Last edited:
This mentoring idea is interesting. By itself it won’t move the needle, but as a pot sweetener it could be a nice perk. The program could and should reach out to a host of its distinguished alumni to make a pool of people willing to be mentors in a variety of fields. It doesn’t have to just be AW mentoring the kids. Plus it is a great way to engage a broad alumni base without asking for $$.

We will not see Boeheim back off like he did with so many prospects because he has a bag of his own now.

Moore seems like a pretty good player and the competition for the 2 spot just got another quality player.

We will not see Boeheim back off like he did with so many prospects because he has a bag of his own now.

Moore seems like a pretty good player and the competition for the 2 spot just got another quality player.
It seems like we finally are in on NIL which should help this once great program get back up on its feet. Moore is a good sign of us now being able to compete with other schools for top flight talent. I'm not a fan of NIL, "illegal bags and enticements" but we have lost out on so much incredible talent (just recently Estrella and Filipowski) over the years who seem to genuinely love our program but we've been offering nothing and rightfully playing by the rules.

Going forward, I see us being able to land a great amount of the top flight talent that we always seem to discover very early and invite to our summer camp, but who end up at Duke, Kentucky etc.

Hopefully, this will be the end of us following kids throughout their high school/prep years who "loved SU since I was young" "my dream school" and watch it all end in major disappointment.

Jim toyed with man pre season i expect us to actually play some next year. Jims stubborn as a mule but hes smart , wants to win and isn't blind. He might not admit it but he knows the zone is an issue.
It was part of the perpetuation of lies to keep the fans at bay. My “best recruiting class ever,” and “we’’ll play some man-to-man this year”.
He is clinging to power through lies.

In the recruiting world 2014 is light years away. If a kid blows up next year and becomes a more valuable commodity in the open market, no "contract" he signs now will require him to honor it. You can dispute that, but the reality is he's back to renegotiating with AW or will be looking at other opportunities. The lawyers will have a field day and that just adds to the spectacle which is the NIL.
Not really

I think he’s pretty comparable to Caleb Love of Carolina. Moore‘s shot selection is better and shoots a higher percentage.

Right now we could be playing a weak man to man just as easily as playing our weak zone.
Jesse and Joe and Chris wouldn't thrive in a man to man.

If being the Mets means being the best team around for a good chunk of the season, finishing with one of the best records at the end of the season and most importantly being relevant for every significant potential player…. I’m here for all of it. Money papers over a LOT of problems, if this dude wants to be our version of uncle Steve or whoever the big osu donor is…. Bring it on. But then we all need to expect that he also has a major say in who the coach is.
Very interesting point! And wouldn't we all luv to hear his thoughts on JB continuing to coach and the next coach!

The interviewer didn't do his homework. He said something like Boeheim has been there for like 30 years. C'mon man.

Choppa doesn't know his Cuse bigs of the past. Hqd a hard time making an all-time Syracuse starting five.

Need to stick with favorite former cuse player and focus just on now and the future.

The interviewer didn't do his homework. He said something like Boeheim has been there for like 30 years. C'mon man.

Choppa doesn't know his Cuse bigs of the past. Had a hard time making an all-time Syracuse starting five.
He’ll get better with the history eventually haha

FpWfkA6X0AENPWl