Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Finally found the article.

Ok so let’s say we land Adams. Loose Jesse and JG3. We’re going to need a LOT more roster help if we want to be in the tournament discussion in 2023.

Above in this thread.

He is a booster. I had posted a question: if Adam inks mom and dad to NIL, can he fly them up.
The line between booster, which is extremely broad as defined by the NCAA, and NIL employer (?) is really interesting. The determination of impermissible benefits as a booster vs perks of an NIL arrangement.

I wish I worked in a D1 compliance office now and not 2019. Lol

I didn't know Joanie Mahoney's kid was a manager during his Su days and now works for Roc Nation.

Last edited:
Adam W.'s offer to Marcus Adams is for 2023. He's looking at recruits and transfers for 2023/2024, more to come on that soon :)
Interesting. That could mean Bell/Adams split time at the 3, and JT moves over to the 2 and maybe JG3 graduates.

If it gets us turned around talent wise and back where we belong, I'm fine with going all in like Cohen for the Mets. Bring it on.. gotta play the game. Welcome aboard Elijah!!
Except the Mets are the Mets and will always find a way to have let downs. Let’s not be the Mets.

Finally found the article.

Ok so let’s say we land Adams but likely lose Jesse and JG3. We’re going to need a LOT more roster help if we want to be in the tournament discussion in 2023.
I think being optimistically we are showing we going after talent and won’t let money stop us.
Finally we are embracing the new reality and I think we will get talent. One thing about JB I don’t worry about is him maximizing the talent he has on his rosters.
The problem recently had been getting that talent on the team.

The new million dollar man Adam will take care of that.

I talked to Adam about Elijah and a host of other things this morning. Lots more to come soon. And thank you! :)
Outstanding! Your blog has become my first read mornings now thanks to your relationship. Got to know him a bit years ago when I worked for E-J and we moved our offices to a building that he owned over The Lost Dog in downtown Binghamton. Tell him one of his old shoe company friends says hello!

Curious what kind of incentives can be put in these contracts to push it to 7 figure range

Willing to bet JB is determined to hold the seat for Buddy, until he cuts his coaching teeth a little.
I’m more willing to bet Buddy foresees a future where he plays 10 years in the pros. I highly doubt JB is warming a seat 15 years in advance

I don't think it's great for the game overall and over time will generate more questions and the purpose of not just having more semi pro teams or leagues vs colleges acting in a pseudo role. With that said its better in the open than closed off. Just way too little parity given what it takes to make happen without it being allowed.
Fair.

Curious what kind of incentives can be put in these contracts to push it to 7 figure range
The incentives part is interesting. If it's performance based, I guess his NIL becomes more valuable but it's obvious pay-for-play. I don't love that CBB is now a semi pro league but I'm thankful we have a guy in AW than can put together a team as pseudo GM. Hopefully some other deep orange pockets come forward as well. Our fanbase, pedigree and facilities deserve to have a contending team. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Outstanding! Your blog has become my first read mornings now thanks to your relationship. Got to know him a bit years ago when I worked for E-J and we moved our offices to a building that he owned over The Lost Dog in downtown Binghamton. Tell him one of his old shoe company friends says hello!

Appreciate you! And will do!! Adam has shared with me the "incentives," but he has asked me not to discuss this publicly, at least for now.

And for those who were complaining about Adam not stepping in right away, he did it all the right way. He had people advise him on what he could do, couldn’t do. Who could be involved. Who could talk. Everything. He did this 100 pct by the book and this man is going to change the course of this program bc of his love for the community and success of everyone around him. Happy to have him as a friend but more excited for him because I know how much this all means to him. He’s a life changer through and through for so many

We have legitimate shots. Just as good if not better than other schools at Bethea, Freeman, Adams and Fland. One of those might reclass to 2023 as well. Things are moving into high gear right now with the staff, NIL and these kids specifically. Everything is starting to come together
the-simpsons-excellent.gif

The incentives part is interesting. If it's performance based, I guess his NIL becomes more valuable but it's obvious pay-for-play. I don't love that CBB is now a semi pro league but I'm thankful we have a guy in AW than can put together a team as pseudo GM. Hopefully some other deep orange pockets come forward as well. Our fanbase, pedigree and facilities deserve to have a contending team. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
I don't think it can be performance based in the way you might be thinking. That would move it from NIL into pay to play territory, which wouldn't fly, and we've consistently heard how Weitsman has been super careful that all of this is above board.

And for those who were complaining about Adam not stepping in right away, he did it all the right way. He had people advise him on what he could do, couldn’t do. Who could be involved. Who could talk. Everything. He did this 100 pct by the book and this man is going to change the course of this program bc of his love for the community and success of everyone around him. Happy to have him as a friend but more excited for him because I know how much this all means to him. He’s a life changer through and through for so many
I didn't ask for this or complain. I stopped making the program and university a significant part of my life years ago.