Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Unfortunately I no longer have access to the private stat databases to provide more value to you guys in terms of high school stats, but fortunately, Elijah, Donnie, and Kiyan all play in leagues that official stat tracking so I can still sum it up for you.

In OTE, Elijah Moore is averaging:
  • 30.1 minutes
  • 16.5 points
  • 2.7 assists
  • 3.1 rebounds
  • 1.0 steals
  • 53/35/75 shooting splits (2PT/3PT/FT) for an okay TS% of 54.1%, mostly weighed down by the fact that his 3 point shooting is only okay and he takes a ton of them.
  • On the year, he's attempted 127 3 pointers compared to just 89 2 pointers and 28 free throws. His 3 point attempt rate of 58.8% is nearly identical to Justin Taylor this year and slightly lower than Chris Bell. Needless to say, when he's on the floor, he'll be shooting 3's. Hopefully he can get a bit more accurate with them but even 35% would be a lift for us.
  • Per 40 minutes, his points/assists/rebounds jumps up to 21.9/3.5/4.2. Pretty solid productivity.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I no longer have access to the private stat databases to provide more value to you guys in terms of high school stats, but fortunately, Elijah, Donnie, and Kiyan all play in leagues that official stat tracking so I can still sum it up for you.

In OTE, Elijah Moore is averaging:
  • 30.1 minutes
  • 16.5 points
  • 2.7 assists
  • 3.1 rebounds
  • 1.0 steals
  • 53/35/75 shooting splits (2PT/3PT/FT) for an okay TS% of 54.1%, mostly weighed down by the fact that his 3 point shooting is only okay and he takes a ton of them.
  • On the year, he's attempted 127 3 pointers compared to just 89 2 pointers and 28 free throws. His 3 point attempt rate of 58.8% is nearly identical to Justin Taylor this year and slightly lower than Chris Bell. Needless to say, when he's on the floor, he'll be shooting 3's. Hopefully he can get a bit more accurate with them but even 35% would be a lift for us.
  • Per 40 minutes, his points/assists/rebounds jumps up to 21.9/3.5/4.2. Pretty solid productivity.
He’s interesting. Seems like the two keys for him will be:

1) does his shooting translate to this level? Everyone will say absolutely now, then be moaning if he’s hovering around 30% next year. Easier said than done.

2) does he bring anything else to the table besides shooting? Can he defend and be an asset in a system that asks a lot of individual defenders? Does he move well without the ball? Can he handle enough to create and drive? Will he rebound a little and scrap for lose balls? Does he run the floor?

We shall see. Interesting prospect and I haven’t watched any full games. That said I’m a little lukewarm on him as a recruit. He may very well come in and light it up from three and be a stud from day 1. That type of projection doesn’t jump out at me from what I’ve watched though.

He’s interesting. Seems like the two keys for him will be:

1) does his shooting translate to this level? Everyone will say absolutely now, then be moaning if he’s hovering around 30% next year. Easier said than done.

2) does he bring anything else to the table besides shooting? Can he defend and be an asset in a system that asks a lot of individual defenders? Does he move well without the ball? Can he handle enough to create and drive? Will he rebound a little and scrap for lose balls? Does he run the floor?

We shall see. Interesting prospect and I haven’t watched any full games. That said I’m a little lukewarm on him as a recruit. He may very well come in and light it up from three and be a stud from day 1. That type of projection doesn’t jump out at me from what I’ve watched though.
I think people here have over rated him. He isn't Bethea. I think he will be a good player for us down the road. But next year, not so much.

Moore is a good player, but he along with Ian Jackson who is going to UNC have some awful shot selection which hurts both of their efficiency numbers. Moore is the better shooter of the two at this point though.

Moore is a good player, but he along with Ian Jackson who is going to UNC have some awful shot selection which hurts both of their efficiency numbers. Moore is the better shooter of the two at this point though.
Must be watching to much of Judah then ;)

Seems like a very hard worker who's going to improve year-over-year at Cuse.
He is not going to come in as a freshman and dominate or be the answer to our questions at shooting guard. He will help and I agree that he will get better over time. We really needed Bethea to commit.

He is not going to come in as a freshman and dominate or be the answer to our questions at shooting guard. He will help and I agree that he will get better over time. We really needed Bethea to commit.
Did I miss something? Will JJ not be at the 2 next season?

Did I miss something? Will JJ not be at the 2 next season?
Yes, but we need to load up like the very good teams and have more reliable shooters, guys that can step up when the starter is having a bad night. Difference makers that can get you those several extra wins to get to the tournament or beyond.

The best part, for me, is that he scored 28 not from the three point line... Any really good shooter can get ridiculously hot, but he also scored from more than just the three point line.
This tweet says he had 28 with 15:37 left in the 2nd half. And another tweet said he was 9-10 in the 1st half from 3, so it's possible the other team stopped playing D, and his team really rolled up the score. Either way, it's a great day and it says he's a HOUNDING DEFENDER.

This tweet says he had 28 with 15:37 left in the 2nd half. And another tweet said he was 9-10 in the 1st half from 3, so it's possible the other team stopped playing D, and his team really rolled up the score. Either way, it's a great day and it says he's a HOUNDING DEFENDER.

That bit about deflections makes me very happy as well... Moore will be a welcome addition to a team that already has Brown, Copeland and Mintz who all love to slap the ball away.

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm