Class of 2015 - G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
tee1222 said:
It's true he had a rough game, but I was surprised about the 4 assists. Seemed a lot more of VJ's looks were from Howard passes. Either way, King is the real deal. A lot of Wes Johnson maybe even a little Scottie Pippen.

He probably had about seven assists.

It's true he had a rough game, but I was surprised about the 4 assists. Seemed a lot more of VJ's looks were from Howard passes. Either way, King is the real deal. A lot of Wes Johnson maybe even a little Scottie Pippen.
HS stats are never 100% accurate unfortunately. I've seen games where Diagne gets listed with 2blks but when I watch the game he has about 5. Even when Ennis was at St. Bennie's plenty of games where I would have him down with about 7-8ast, but the box score would say 3-4 say what!!! We heard of the blind refs, but the blind stat keepers need to be called out as well lol.

He should have had a few more. He made some great passes that his teammates fumbled out of bounds instead of converting. He definitely has great vision from what I watched yesterday.

I have now seen Frank play four times. Three times in person at City of Palms and once on ESPNU at HoopHall. I like him as a prospect and think he'll add value to our backcourt in the long term. His length is outstanding for the top of our zone and his defensive instincts, ability to change direction, and active hands are a strength which are unfortunately sometimes masked by his inconsistent effort. If we get his motor running for longer spurts he will be terrific on the top of our zone as an upperclassmen. Offensively he is not a point guard. Just cause you have point guard skills doesn't mean you have enough feel for the position to run offense in the ACC. Can he bring the ball A to B. Absolutely. Does that make you a PG? Absolutely not. I would also say he is more of a shot maker than a shooter at this point. He's better shooting off movement or going north -south to the rim. I will say his float game is pretty darn impressive.

Bottom line. He's a downhill slashing combo who has a chance to be solid at the top of the zone. I'll take it all day.

I have now seen Frank play four times. Three times in person at City of Palms and once on ESPNU at HoopHall. I like him as a prospect and think he'll add value to our backcourt in the long term. His length is outstanding for the top of our zone and his defensive instincts, ability to change direction, and active hands are a strength which are unfortunately sometimes masked by his inconsistent effort. If we get his motor running for longer spurts he will be terrific on the top of our zone as an upperclassmen. Offensively he is not a point guard. Just cause you have point guard skills doesn't mean you have enough feel for the position to run offense in the ACC. Can he bring the ball A to B. Absolutely. Does that make you a PG? Absolutely not. I would also say he is more of a shot maker than a shooter at this point. He's better shooting off movement or going north -south to the rim. I will say his float game is pretty darn impressive.

Bottom line. He's a downhill slashing combo who has a chance to be solid at the top of the zone. I'll take it all day.
If you're ever at the City of Palms again let me know I attend multiple days every year, and always love talking to fellow Orange fans in the crowd.

Never fails. ESPN in rising/ falling stock for basketball has Howard falling from #74 to 91. Sign w/ Syracuse and watch your ranking drop 20 or so spots. It's so predictable. Is it the kids we recruit or is it ESPN? Ya gotta wonder.

Big Big win for Paul VI tonight against their #1 rival, O'Connell... Frank played alright, he did miss some FTs, but the game was pretty much outta hand. Frank made a very heady play, at the end of the game, you'll here about it in the interview after the hilites ... Also check out my new website if your interested in HS b-ball in the DMV, highlights galore up there .. www.capitolhoops.com

Oh, and Frank got a dunk last night as well!! Not something that happens as much as you'd think considering he's a 6'5 1/2 athletic guy Quick interview after game ...

VJ King was an animal last night as Paul VI defeated their #1 rival O'Connell for the 2nd time in 9 days. Frank passed the ball very well, and rebounded well. Here are highlights and a quick article from last nights game. http://capitolhoops.com/?p=4516
I love what I saw from VJ in this clip, but yeah Frank looked great passing and I thought I also saw a couple of nice steals anticipating and cutting into the passing lane.

Frank Howard had the game winning bucket to beat nationally ranked DeMatha tonight. the game was tied with around a minute left and frank made a 7footer to put PVI up by 2 and they never looked back from there. Good way to end their regular season, as they now have potentially 3 different post season tournament to play in.
Highlights will be up in a couple hours.

Frank Howard had the game winning bucket to beat nationally ranked DeMatha tonight. the game was tied with around a minute left and frank made a 7footer to put PVI up by 2 and they never looked back from there. Good way to end their regular season, as they now have potentially 3 different post season tournament to play in.
Highlights will be up in a couple hours.
I know I'mlate on this but I'm liking the 2015-16 class more and more regardless of Bryant. I still think that Thomas Bryant would seal the NC deal for Jim's second and probable lasNC but the team he gets on the cour in this next season is going to be very good !Who is returning coupled with the new kids is tantamount a top ten preseason ranking or should be in any event There is no way that Joseph doesn't get better with both baskets on the court. I don't think that the defense will suffer and the offenses to be better with the newbees.:eat popcorn:

Nice piece on Frank here from Sports Stars of Tomorrow.

Frank had 10pts yesterday in the quarters of the WCAC tourney in which they unfortunately lost 48-44 to Bishop O'Connell. Next up for them is the states starting on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.