Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

This is just my opinion, but JB has to do anything and everything to get this kid to play for us. He is as good as anyone at his position that I have seen. He definitely is the one who can rake us over the hump and cut down the FF nets.

This is just my opinion, but JB has to do anything and everything to get this kid to play for us. He is as good as anyone at his position that I have seen. He definitely is the one who can rake us over the hump and cut down the FF nets.
Perfect zone defender at the top too. Showcased his ability to trap tonight, step into the passing lane. Really good defender at 6'5 and his ability to convert or get to the line, phenomenal.

ngbbs4bbf8b11eb106.jpeg

Yup, that's the one I mentioned he nearly clocked his teammate's head clean off coming down from that dunk.

I really really like Diallo, but I really don't see what some see in Tucker. I would rather jump at the kid from Albany , Hameir Wright. There I hear a lot of positive and more upside in him that Tucker. Just saying.

Blood in the water and the sharks have begun circling. Hope this doesn't stretch out the timetable because the Orange typically pull out. Where is Cuse on the dance card francis03 and jake?

Duke, Kentucky and Nike U all involved now

This will be a long process

Just talked to him. He is waiting on UConn
actually, ucon dolts thought they had him wrapped up months ago (Ollie being the greatest recruiter in history and all) - kind of like when the one chap came around here informing us that Ollie had just closed the deal with Diamond Stone

Hamidou was a UConn lean for a while -- but with all the heavy hitters involved he'll be a tough get for them.

Also, if Battle is one-and-done, our only G on the roster will be Howard. UConn will most likely still have Gilbert and Jalen Adams. He'd get way more PT here. UConn could play a 3 guard lineup, but does he really wanna play with 2 ball dominant PGs ? Howard is a pass first PG

Great sign though that he's visiting again.

Don't forget we have offered Walker and Randolph and they both are SG, but can handle the ball.

This one is going to be tough. Kentucky is about to offer, too.

yeah more than likely it'll end up being uk or duke for him

edit: unless he's able/willing to reclass to '16 - think that's our only chance of getting him

I hope people don't think that Syracuse was just going to snag a bunch of top-20 guys in 2017 without having to fight the whales for them ...

This is new ground for Syracuse to stay active on multiple top-20 kids and, IMO, represents a shifting strategy. Whether they can land a class like this will be interesting. ASU, Duke, KU, UK they're used to eating well and would rather another school didn't try to elbow their way onto the table.