Class of 2016 - G John Gillon Jr. Commited to Syracuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 G John Gillon Jr. Commited to Syracuse

Chukwu starts in the middle
Thats what i think based on absolutely nothing other than the tone in JBs voice when i have heard him talking about Pascal and needing a rim protector in the zone. Who cares either way next year , coming off a FF is shaping up very nicely

Chukwu starts in the middle
Thats what i think based on absolutely nothing other than the tone in JBs voice when i have heard him talking about Pascal and needing a rim protector in the zone. Who cares either way next year , coming off a FF is shaping up very nicely
Total guess, but based on JB/seniority, I'd say DC2 flashes at the start and we see the Chukwu relatively quickly. Then DC2 returns to rest Chukwu and spread out the fouls. And ... perhaps we see some minutes at the 5 (and 4) from a mystery big as yet unnamed (See Dashmeister for further details).

Total guess, but based on JB/seniority, I'd say DC2 flashes at the start and we see the Chukwu relatively quickly. Then DC2 returns to rest Chukwu and spread out the fouls. And ... perhaps we see some minutes at the 5 (and 4) from a mystery big as yet unnamed (See Dashmeister for further details).
Was gonna post this. Think DC is our ceremonial starter and Chukwu is this year's Lydon (in terms of Center minutes). I also think Franklin will have to beat out Gillon.

CJ Fair wasn't a very good shooter from deep as a freshman either -- by the time he left the hill I feel like every 3pter he was taking was going in.

Moyer is a hard worker, I expect him to be a more than adequate 3pt threat by the time he's done here

He might be more than adequate from three now, it's just not his strength.

I think Dc is going to be better next year than most of us think.
Agree ... and so is FH. At the end of last year, both were starting to flash 'green' on offense. And not a moment too soon (lots of offense graduating and a potentially big year).

Last edited:
Agree ... and so is FH. At the end of last year, both were starting to flash 'green' on offense. And not a moment too soon (lots of offense graduating but a potentially big year).

Frank was shooting that jumper with more confidence towards the end of the year, I think he will improve a lot by next year.

no matter what happens with Mal this was a very important get! The more I look at Mullins and Gillon I think that Gillon is going to add much more off the bounce and in transition. While he is obviously not the same level shooter that Mullins is he may give us more of what we need while also bringing adaquite shooting. I'm very relieved to see an experienced pg getting added to the roster. Get Thompson to sign and hope Mal comes back.

no matter what happens with Mal this was a very important get! The more I look at Mullins and Gillon I think that Gillon is going to add much more off the bounce and in transition. While he is obviously not the same level shooter that Mullins is he may give us more of what we need while also bringing adaquite shooting. I'm very relieved to see an experienced pg getting added to the roster. Get Thompson to sign and hope Mal comes back.
Good post -- while Mullins shooting would have been really nice, but I feel that Gillon is a more versatile player in what he can do for us. However, if Mali ends up bolting both would have been really nice

While he is obviously not the same level shooter that Mullins is he may give us more of what we need while also bringing adaquite shooting. I'm very relieved to see an experienced pg getting added to the roster. Get Thompson to sign and hope Mal comes back.

Maybe not this past season (only .33 from 3 on 180 attempts), but he hit just shy of 40% of his 3's in his other 2 seasons
(.395 and .394).
Those years he averaged 21-22 mpg, which is probably more in keeping what he'll likely get with us.
Let's hope his shooting reverts back to that form.

Was gonna post this. Think DC is our ceremonial starter and Chukwu is this year's Lydon (in terms of Center minutes). I also think Franklin will have to beat out Gillon.

"Ceremonial starter." I like that. A lovely euphemism.

How many minutes do you guys seem him playing next year, with Malachi coming back/Without him coming back?

Maybe not this past season (only .33 from 3 on 180 attempts), but he hit just shy of 40% of his 3's in his other 2 seasons
(.395 and .394).
Those years he averaged 21-22 mpg, which is probably more in keeping what he'll likely get with us.
Let's hope his shooting reverts back to that form.
Yeah, I think people are underestimating Gillon.

How many minutes do you guys seem him playing next year, with Malachi coming back/Without him coming back?

Obviously, this is mostly determined by how Howard progresses. Assuming the Frank progresses like I think he will (which is to say, pretty darn well), if Mal comes back, I think he gets 5-10 min a game and possibly sits ahead of Frank in the rotation. If Mal leaves, I think he gets 15-20 min a game and almost certainly is behind Frank in the rotation.

Obviously, this is mostly determined by how Howard progresses. Assuming the Frank progresses like I think he will (which is to say, pretty darn well), if Mal comes back, I think he gets 5-10 min a game and possibly sits ahead of Frank in the rotation. If Mal leaves, I think he gets 15-20 min a game and almost certainly is behind Frank in the rotation.
This kid isn't coming here to play 5 to 10 minutes a game.

dasher said:
This kid isn't coming here to play 5 to 10 minutes a game.

The coaching staff is bracing for the Malachi departure.

Gillon could play 20 minutes a game.

The coaching staff is bracing for the Malachi departure.

Gillon could play 20 minutes a game.
At this point, barring a complete tank at the combine, Mal won't be back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom