Class of 2016 - G John Gillon Jr. Commited to Syracuse | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 G John Gillon Jr. Commited to Syracuse

Imagine we go small on offense

Battle Gillon Mali Moyer Lydon

Can Moyer shoot 3s? If so 3>2 and we're winning it all.

If you dont mind me asking, why do you state we abso had to get Gillon? Do you say that assuming we might not get Mali back or do you say that assuming if we get Mali back. Very much like next years team either way!
Well, we graduate G and TC. Our backup PG (Joseph) is transferring next season. We may or may not retain Malachai Richardson (NBA?). We have another guard coming in (Battle), and one PG (Howard) returning. But Battle's not known as a pure PG, and Howard will be a sophomore with no starting experience.

skurey said:
Imagine we go small on offense Battle Gillon Mali Moyer Lydon Can Moyer shoot 3s? If so 3>2 and we're winning it all.

Very average 3 point shooter.

Needs to work on that.

Imagine we go small on offense

Battle Gillon Mali Moyer Lydon

Can Moyer shoot 3s? If so 3>2 and we're winning it all.

Moyer is not a great shooter from deep but he's been improving in that area.

I'll take not great to average from our 5th 3 point threat on the court.
CJ Fair wasn't a very good shooter from deep as a freshman either -- by the time he left the hill I feel like every 3pter he was taking was going in.

Moyer is a hard worker, I expect him to be a more than adequate 3pt threat by the time he's done here

Gillon, Mali, Battle, Moyer, Lydon-
That is a v interesting lineup but a lineup of Gillon, Mali, Battle, Lydon , Pascal would have a lot of scoring/shooting but also be a little better rebounding and have a rim protector. I dont see that as the starting lineup, i think TyRob deserves to start. But that above lineup for much of the game w TRob, Howard, DC and Moyer waiting in the wings is pretty scary

Gillon took 180 3s last season and made 60. So 33 percent.

Over 34 games, he was about 2-6 from 3 each game.

Gillon took 180 3s last season and made 60. So 33 percent.

Over 34 games, he was about 2-6 from 3 each game.
What's crazy is that is a massive improvement for us as far as bench G's go -- how many 3's did Howard make last year?" Obviously Lydon hit more than his fair share, but we didn't get any from anyone else off the bench

jdubs30 said:
What's crazy is that is a massive improvement for us as far as bench G's go -- how many 3's did Howard make last year?" Obviously Lydon hit more than his fair share, but we didn't get any from anyone else off the bench

Wouldn't surprise me to see Gillon battle Howard for minutes.

Gillon had multiple games last year where he scored more than 20 points.

Gillon, Mali, Battle, Moyer, Lydon-
That is a v interesting lineup but a lineup of Gillon, Mali, Battle, Lydon , Pascal would have a lot of scoring/shooting but also be a little better rebounding and have a rim protector. I dont see that as the starting lineup, i think TyRob deserves to start. But that above lineup for much of the game w TRob, Howard, DC and Moyer waiting in the wings is pretty scary
I think the starting lineup is locked in with Battle, TRob, Lydon and DC. The only question is if it's Mali or Howard (if Mali leaves). I think Battle and Mali start up top if he comes back.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Gillon battle Howard for minutes.

Gillon had multiple games last year where he scored more than 20 points.
I like the idea of competition rather than to hand someone a starting spot -- but I think having a scorer like Gillon off the bench will be nice, as opposed to Howard who is more of a facilitator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom