Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

Why is Marek potentially leaving a thing? I genuinely do not understand.

Well he's a junior and only has 1 more year of eligibility left, so this time next year those fears will be absolutely warranted.

Again heresay but FWIW, the coaches are extremely happy he kind of fell in their lap, and they are pushing for him to sign early. It was mentioned more then once that they hope he doesnt BLOW up in rankings and he leaves the door open as just committed and could de-commit. I’M NOT SAYING IT’S GONNA HAPPEN but there is a fearful thought.

Also, they are a little unsure on JC’s future unfortunately (they are unsure he can be tbat lead guard we need, he hasnt progressed like they have hoped) and with a three headed monster of BG, JG3 and K, they are content on that. Now, JC is going to get every opportunity according to my source but yeah...
Interesting. Maybe Jalen is the player who the staff promised they’d give a legit shot at playing PG, as alluded to by Mrs Washington.

Again heresay but FWIW, the coaches are extremely happy he kind of fell in their lap, and they are pushing for him to sign early. It was mentioned more then once that they hope he doesnt BLOW up in rankings and he leaves the door open as just committed and could de-commit. I’M NOT SAYING IT’S GONNA HAPPEN but there is a fearful thought.

Also, they are a little unsure on JC’s future unfortunately (they are unsure he can be tbat lead guard we need, he hasnt progressed like they have hoped) and with a three headed monster of BG, JG3 and K, they are content on that. Now, JC is going to get every opportunity according to my source but yeah...

I mean I know we have been down a bit recently but I just don't envision our program as one yet to be concerned if a kid we signed ends up as a a 5 star unless the kid himself struggled with the decision to commit. Always prefer to get that John Hancock but given we havent dealt with a decommit/flip that worked against us so have a hard time seeing that happen now. With that said interesting insight and let's hope he signs early.

As for Jalen, can't say it is any surprise.

i thought jalen looked good vs carleton & iirc jb said he did, too

Didn't they have a much bigger star on that team who went to Oregon or somewhere out west? I think his name was King. I always thought Frank was the 2nd or 3rd best guy on his team.
Your thinking of Louis king

Next year we already have these guards returning:

Buddy Boeheim - junior
Jalen Carey - junior
Joe Girard - sophomore
Brycen Goodine - sophomore
Howard Washington - senior

I could see one of those guys transfer, maybe two if someone in particular has a terrible year. But it's still awfully crowded back there.
I think Washington for sure and if Carey struggles again and gets passed by Goodine or Girard I can see him transferring

I think Washington for sure and if Carey struggles again and gets passed by Goodine or Girard I can see him transferring

I'm thinking the same thing, although I hope Carey can really get it together.

Didn't they have a much bigger star on that team who went to Oregon or somewhere out west? I think his name was King. I always thought Frank was the 2nd or 3rd best guy on his team.
Yup. VJ King was a year behind Frank at Paul VI. McDonald’s AA who went to Louisville.

Both make total sense. Some kids get a longer leash than others. It’s been that way forever.

I like this kid better than AJ. In todays game if you cant shoot your a liability. AJ will never be a good shooter. In the end i think we are getting the better player.

I don’t want to sound like sour grapes with AJ, but the reports about his poor shooting really stood out. There are great athletes all over the place, but I like that we seem to be getting basketball players.

Both make total sense. Some kids get a longer leash than others. It’s been that way forever.
That's coaching, in general. Assumptions based upon past performances are made. Some kids have to prove they belong, others have to disprove it. If they disprove it, that means the coaches have to admit they were wrong, and that's hard for anyone to do.

From the boneyard

Kadary Richmond - (Syracuse to my dismay) - Handled the ball excellent in traffic and under pressure. At 6'6 he is easily more a Tate George PG than wing. This game was running and other guys were hitting deep shots so he just went with the flow. His hand was higher than the square over the basket, so he can get up more than advertised. I really wish he was ours. He's playing with 3 other 6'5 to 6'7 starters so having Jackson and Bouknight on the court with him would be just as he is playing now.

From the boneyard

Kadary Richmond - (Syracuse to my dismay) - Handled the ball excellent in traffic and under pressure. At 6'6 he is easily more a Tate George PG than wing. This game was running and other guys were hitting deep shots so he just went with the flow. His hand was higher than the square over the basket, so he can get up more than advertised. I really wish he was ours. He's playing with 3 other 6'5 to 6'7 starters so having Jackson and Bouknight on the court with him would be just as he is playing now.
Thanks, I've been waiting to hear how it went today. Have you seen any stats yet? I looked earlier and couldn't find anything.

From Brewsters website all I found was he had 11 assists and zero turnovers in a quick write up. They won 129-58 so probably not a game to take a ton from. This Brewster team is flat out stacked so sounds like he will be doing a lot more distribution than having to score.

This kid goes left very well. Love that in a player.
Yup. KR can create his own shot at all three levels off the dribble going left or right, and can finish at the rim with either hand. Good handle, seems to have really high BB IQ. and is long.

This kid is player. He is going to climb up the rankings.

Yup. KR can create his own shot at all three levels off the dribble going left or right, and can finish at the rim with either hand. Good handle, seems to have really high BB IQ. and is long.

This kid is player. He is going to climb up the rankings.
It is rare to see a player with his skill set just entering his senior year of ball.

I think it is a great sign he is playing point at prep school. If he can handle playing point at Brewster, he should be able to do it at Syracuse as well. He would be a good SG or SF but I think he has the potential to be elite if he can play PG.

Last edited: