Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

Seton Hall, St. John’s, what’s the difference? Neither program is UConn, and neither is winning the whole thing next year. More like a lateral move to me. You have to think this decision was about staying VERY close to home, a decent amount of $$$, and the bright lights of MSG / NYC media. Will be interesting to know if we had any realistic shot at him.

Let’s see what our coaches had teed up in the on-deck circle.

Although, until he signs up for classes he’s fair game, right? ;)

Seton Hall, St. John’s, what’s the difference? Neither program is UConn, and neither is winning the whole thing next year. More like a lateral move to me. You have to think this decision was about staying VERY close to home, a decent amount of $$$, and the bright lights of MSG / NYC media. Will be interesting to know if we had any realistic shot at him.

Let’s see what our coaches had teed up in the on-deck circle.

Although, until he signs up for classes he’s fair game, right? ;)
Pitino and moneybags are building a squad, they're going to win more than we do.

How on earth does St. John’s have more money than we do? I know it’s about one big donor but a commuter school with trash recent history having more resources than us is so disappointing.
Chris Farley Idk GIF

Pitino and moneybags are building a squad, they're going to win more than we do.
It’s quite clear that the money helps but Pitino still has some attraction. St John’s was a little better than us last year and I think they have widened the gap. They will be preseason top 15-20 and we will be off the radar (again). Our portal recruiting is not top tier at the moment and needs to change.

It’s quite clear that the money helps but Pitino still has some attraction. St John’s was a little better than us last year and I think they have widened the gap. They will be preseason top 15-20 and we will be off the radar (again). Our portal recruiting is not top tier at the moment and needs to change.
It's the second year in a row where we're losing more than that's leaving.

As it stands now, this year is all on Freeman's back. I'm all about in bringing older portal players in but not one of these guys are our will be impact players.

Last year I give a complete pass because it was the first year but this is his second portal cycle and it's arguably more lackluster than last and these names/stats/previous conferences don't give me much hope.

Patience is a virtue, guess I’m not very virtuous. Still we should all remain patient until the portal recruiting cycle is over :)
I shall be overly confident something good is happening but for nothing more than the happy face you added at the end of your post. Giving me a Jeremy SU flag vibe he uses with good news immanent.
Dwight Office Tv GIF by The Office

Lots of red flags w/Kadary would have been awesome though.

Also could have blown up in our face.

It's the second year in a row where we're losing more than that's leaving.

As it stands now, this year is all on Freeman's back. I'm all about in bringing older portal players in but not one of these guys are our will be impact players.

Last year I give a complete pass because it was the first year but this is his second portal cycle and it's arguably more lackluster than last and these names/stats/previous conferences don't give me much hope.
Guess we'll see. It's not apples to apples year to year. Last year we had no high school recruits, this year even with only 2 commits we're at at #13 in the country, not the ACC the #13 in the whole league.

Last year we ended up around top 25 in the portal rankings. About #5 in the ACC. I'll be interested to see where we end up this year.

Sure a proven PG would've been nice but we also already have a handful of guards. I agree on Freeman.

I for one will just be happy if we can keep guys healthy, I really don't want another what if this person or that person didn't get hurt season.

Is there really anyone on-deck??
I doubt anyone that we can predict. There's still what 2-3 scholarships left so I'm sure we'll fill out the roster. I expect whoever we hear about it'll be a done deal by the time we hear about it. I wouldn't expect fireworks either, just picking up solid players. Maybe another shooter or just a tough defender.

clearly Red didn’t have enough $$$$ to spend
We have to stop labeling NIL as a skill set that the coaching staff is not accountable for cultivating. Expectations need to be raised if this program wants to meet the “standard” that Wildhack has put in writing.

I doubt anyone that we can predict. There's still what 2-3 scholarships left so I'm sure we'll fill out the roster. I expect whoever we hear about it'll be a done deal by the time we hear about it. I wouldn't expect fireworks either, just picking up solid players. Maybe another shooter or just a tough defender.
To me it feels like this approach is going to lead to a really easy-to-root for roster that ends up on the bubble or in the NIT. There is just not enough difference-making talent right now to be a top 25 team.