Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

There is more than one player to pay. But in general I think we are on the short side of where we need to be with NIL money.
Oh absolutely but 6k people alone plus some big time donors should of been more then enough I think problem is for basketball we don’t really have any heavy hitters

If we need NIL money why doesn’t Red go hit up Melo, Jerami Grant, Waiters, Etan, etc. We have resources right at our fingertips. We have scrap metal money if things can be repaired. CEO’s, Presidents literally.
It’s not like we are a baron wasteland of poverty.
Get on the phone and sell these guys on the program, the direction, get them involved.
It can definitely be done.

We have to stop labeling NIL as a skill set that the coaching staff is not accountable for cultivating. Expectations need to be raised if this program wants to meet the “standard” that Wildhack has put in writing.
Thank you for doing your part to keep expectations raised. If only others understood that.

Kadary doesn't really fit the profile of a Pitino player. He needs to lose about 30lbs to play the kind of fast paced pressure D that Rick prefers. I think his minutes are going to be lower than he expects.

If only we had a billionaire willing help with NIL.
nah, good riddance. I’d rather have a losing basketball team have them be the mouth piece for some overconfident business owner.

Leonardo Dicaprio Slow Clap GIF

Maybe the Yankees will start calling fans around the trade deadline, gotta shore up some funds to get that extra piece.

Fans investing into players is a 100% loss. Unless you're swinging around Vitamin Water or whatever business money around and you can play fantasy sports and get your jollys off with the big year. But for me, and I'm guessing a lot on here, it would be very difficult to part with 5-10k especially considering the amount I spend already.

Who makes out best if we're good? Not the people footing the bill. The university, the coach, the players, the program, the acc, and the ncaa are the ones who benefit.

I've pretty much cut out every sport from regular watching including the 15 college games a week at a minimum I used to watch, I can cut out 30 games and move on with life or when the sport stabilizes. Whatever is going on now is awful.

Pro fans don't have to pay their players directly. Now college fans are being asked to do so, so the players can make 10 times what they do.

I would say that’s about right. Some if the numbers being thrown around are totally out of whack. He’s a good player, but not a difference maker. Personally, I’m not disappointed in not getting him. We don’t need another ball dominating guard who can’t shoot and takes plays off on defense. It sounds too familiar to what we just got done watching. I want another wing shooter. We have five solid guards who will demand playing time. We need another frontcourt player. Carlos, JJ, Chance, Moore and Cuffe will be Just fine. They all bring something a little different to the table.

We bemoan the loss or failure to get a player until the position here is adequately filled. Carlos surrounded by 2 Mickey Dees, Bell and Lampkin could adequately fill it Chance, who seems a clone of Quadir in his highlights, could adequately fill it. And we don't know who else they are going to get.

It was. It was whomever had the bigger bag between St. Johns and Okl.
Jake said something that inferred it wasn’t just money so it’s hard to believe one specific thing over the other when our insiders here aren’t aligned on it either. And that’s not a shot at anyone it’s just the reality sometimes people get different information.

I dated a girl who went to SU for 4 years and never watched a game until she watched one with me and probably never watched another after we stopped talking. Dated a girl who went SU law when i lived out in Vegas, same thing.

I'm guessing 90% or more of the alumni couldn't name the head football or basketball coach let alone opening the wallet to make some 20 year old rich.

Agree with this. Generations of alumni and fans haven't donated to the school they graduated from within SU, the school in general, or AD in general (just like every other alumni base). Suddenly 200K people are going to get on a $20 a month sub for fund an NIL collective?

The whole thing is dumb - this went from Joey Spallina getting some dollars for Mannys to sell his tee shirt and appearance fees to this nonsense.

FWIW think we're within a couple of years of schools just paying this directly.

I dated a girl who went to SU for 4 years and never watched a game until she watched one with me and probably never watched another after we stopped talking. Dated a girl who went SU law when i lived out in Vegas, same thing.

Sounds like you have very specific dating standards.

Swipe right if you went to SU.

Swipe left if you didn't.

If you went to Georgetown, I'll assume you have herpes.

Sounds like you have very specific dating standards.

Swipe right if you went to SU.

Swipe left if you didn't.

If you went to Georgetown, I'll assume you have herpes.
Same goes for UConn and Duke alumni.

Agree with this. Generations of alumni and fans haven't donated to the school they graduated from within SU, the school in general, or AD in general (just like every other alumni base). Suddenly 200K people are going to get on a $20 a month sub for fund an NIL collective?

The whole thing is dumb - this went from Joey Spallina getting some dollars for Mannys to sell his tee shirt and appearance fees to this nonsense.

FWIW think we're within a couple of years of schools just paying this directly.
Definitely...wonder if they'll go MLB (luxury tax) and have no parody ever again, or just hit all D1 schools with a salary cap(reasonable number), and give the smaller schools at least a fighters chance.

Pro fans don't have to pay their players directly. Now college fans are being asked to do so, so the players can make 10 times what they do.
College fans here are asked, if we had a vitamin water guy, Nike guy, FedEx guy or even a shredding guy the fans wouldn't be pressed as hard.

I was expecting closer to $1M for the “absurd offer”. That seems somewhat reasonable for a top 5 transfer and first team Big East returner.

How is NIL being raised at other schools? I seriously doubt it’s a crowdfunding campaign that moves the needle. Vitamin water, scrap metal it’s all the same. Billionaires are generally going to be shady characters, but that’s where the lion’s share of the $ comes from. John and Kent need to decide if they want to be big time or small time.

So let’s say you’re $50,000 short for a prized player - are you really going to tell him to hang on while your school does a 24-hour Jerry Lewis telethon for the John Does to call in and donate $100 apiece? That’s not how the big schools play.
We have big money donors. How do you think Fran is doing it? I don't know where you get that billionaires are going to be shady characters. How many billionaires do you know? We still need the people that complain the most to put in their fair share.

I was expecting closer to $1M for the “absurd offer”. That seems somewhat reasonable for a top 5 transfer and first team Big East returner.

So he doesn’t really know either. Guessstamite.. and the sources don’t either.

We have big money donors. How do you think Fran is doing it? I don't know where you get that billionaires are going to be shady characters. How many billionaires do you know? We still need the people that complain the most to put in their fair share.
People here are taking the piss on vitamin water and portray Adam as a sleazy mob boss who the university needed to disassociate from (despite the fact that he still hangs out with JB). I never said all billionaires are shady - but my impression is the ones who are trying to get into the NIL game with their respective schools tend to strike a narcissistic tone. I think the university will change their tune on Adam if season tickets start crashing. We might be 1 more NIT season away from such a precipice. Fans are loyal up to a point and I think SU takes it for granted.

Yup that seems a little less than what I was expecting to be honest.

People here are taking the piss on vitamin water and portray Adam as a sleazy mob boss who the university needed to disassociate from (despite the fact that he still hangs out with JB). I never said all billionaires are shady - but my impression is the ones who are trying to get into the NIL game with their respective schools tend to strike a narcissistic tone. I think the university will change their tune on Adam if season tickets start crashing. We might be 1 more NIT season away from such a precipice. Fans are loyal up to a point and I think SU takes it for granted.
I don't think I have seen Adam portrayed as a mob boss anywhere. Just a guy that unlike other major donors, didn't want to follow the rules the University had for the donors. And while he was used as an example by the NCAA on what not to have a donor do, other major donors were upset by his antics. Perhaps the University was worried about losing other major donors by keeping their arrangement with AW. You might consider the possibility that Kent and John aren't dumb and had a reason for doing what they did.

I don't think I have seen Adam portrayed as a mob boss anywhere. Just a guy that unlike other major donors, didn't want to follow the rules the University had for the donors. And while he was used as an example by the NCAA on what not to have a donor do, other major donors were upset by his antics. Perhaps the University was worried about losing other major donors by keeping their arrangement with AW. You might consider the possibility that Kent and John aren't dumb and had a reason for doing what they did.
Nobody ever said they are dumb. It certainly sounds like a case where an objective person can make an argument for and against trying to retain Adam. I also think it's reasonable to think the university may rethink their position if the NIL shortfall continues to be a problem. My biggest issue is some will view NIL as a scapegoat that completely exonerates this team's outlook next season and beyond. I wouldn't mind being the head coach if I can just say "we didn't have the money to compete".