G League to offer $125K to elite prospects as alternative to college 1-and-done route | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

G League to offer $125K to elite prospects as alternative to college 1-and-done route

Seems like a dumb business move for the NBA to damage their no cost farm system (the NCAA). Those thinking this somehow hurts the dogs at the top of the food chain like Duke and UK ... it doesn't. They will get whoever the best of the best high schoolers going the college route, and everyone else (including SU) just moves down a notch. It's all relative.

That has nothing to do with one and done. Those players just bypass the college game. This Atleast gives you the option to leave after you have committed.

Prior to the one and done rule, players could opt for the draft after committing. This gives the very top players a chance to go straight to the pros. Therefore, it has the same practical effect of there being no one and done rule. In fact, it is even less harmful to schools because the incentive to leave is less.

In reality, the nba should ditch one and done. Regardless, your point about this ruining the college game is off base, in my opinion for the reasons stated above.

Prior to the one and done rule, players could opt for the draft after committing. This gives the very top players a chance to go straight to the pros. Therefore, it has the same practical effect of there being no one and done rule. In fact, it is even less harmful to schools because the incentive to leave is less.

In reality, the nba should ditch one and done. Regardless, your point about this ruining the college game is off base, in my opinion for the reasons stated above.
How many players committed than choose to enter the NBA draft from high school?? Case closed.

I think Bazley may be one of the reasons this is happening to be honest. He almost certainly would have been offered this money if he had come along one year later.

Now we turn to the top 10-15 recruits that remain unsigned:
James Wiseman
Cole Anthony
Vernon Carey
Isaiah Stewart
Jaden McDaniels
Matthew Hurt
Precious Achiuwa
Trayce Jackson-Davis

Am i missing something? What does a commitment have to do with it. A commitment just means the player cant go play for another ncaa team.

How many players committed than choose to enter the NBA draft from high school?? Case closed.

By the way, shaun livingston signed with duke. That took two seconds of research. Probably others. Should i reopen the case?

I see nothing wrong with giving these kids another choice. If they are 18 or older they get a chance to make some cash and go into a career like a plummer or electrician.
Except plummers and electricians go through a more structured and lengthy apprentice process that still requires them to take classes that they pay for and pass tests before they are journeymen. These website state it is recommended people attend a trade school before apprenticing and they don't make that much while apprenticing.

Eager for a Great Job? This Is How to Become an Electrician

Explore The Trades | Plumbers - Apprenticeship, Journeyman, and Master Plumbers: Understanding the Difference

That scholly that includes classes, room & board, and a cash stipend doesn't look too bad comoared to that.

Believe jr smith also signed w unc then blew up in mcds game.

Think gerald green may have signed w ok state.

Sure theres others.

By the way, shaun livingston signed with duke. That took two seconds of research. Probably others. Should i reopen the case?
Exactly ! You know of one case . There’s probably a handful of cases over the course of decades. My point exactly. Case closed lol.

Can we get a sticky on the board explaining that the one and done is a NBAPA decision, not NBA or NCAA?

It was implemented as part of the cba which is a contract between the nba and nbapa, so you are wrong there. The nbapa is also in favor of getting rid of it.

the nbapa cant implement a rule unilaterally that impacts how nba drafts players

Oh please let Duke and Kentucky get ravaged.
Won't happen. They'll just move to the next tier of prospects that the schools immediately below them were getting.

The most positive aspect of this type of rule for college may be that fewer prospects will leave early. It could stabilize teams and encourage talent to be more evenly dispersed as players wouldn't want to sit behind the guys that don't leave.

Exactly ! You know of one case . There’s probably a handful of cases over the course of decades. My point exactly. Case closed lol.

There hasnt been a lot of skip college guys overall but i listed others for you. Regardless, your so far from making a logical point its laughable.

Am i missing something? What does a commitment have to do with it. A commitment just means the player cant go play for another ncaa team.

You're right but I would guess those that haven't even chosen a college are probably more likely to seriously consider it than those that have already committed. Theoretically they're all fair game though.

There hasnt been a lot of skip college guys overall but i listed others for you. Regardless, your so far from making a logical point its laughable.
Your examples you provide has my dying over here. Terrible example of a player or two who actually committed than bypassed college. The percentage is so low that its not very likely to happen. Where as committing to college and pondering the g league is more realistic because you don’t have to be a nba draft pick talent yet, you can be a talented work in progress that’s not nba draft pick ready.

You're right but I would guess those that haven't even chosen a college are probably more likely to seriously consider it than those that have already committed. Theoretically they're all fair game though.

Possibly an impact for this year. Maybe if zion is ineligible like he should be, he could go g league.

Your examples you provide has my dying over here. Terrible example of a player or two who actually committed than bypassed college. The percentage is so low that its not very likely to happen. Where as committing to college and pondering the g league is more realistic because you don’t have to be a nba draft pick talent yet, you can be a talented work in progress that’s not nba draft pick ready.

The logic (and lack of common sense) in this is truly unbelievable, although admittedly, I struggle to even understand what you are writing.

Possibly an impact for this year. Maybe if zion is ineligible like he should be, he could go g league.

Nah, this program isn't starting up until next year. It's guys like Isaiah Stewart and Cole Anthony that would theoretically be the first class of prospects to take advantage of this. This year's class would only get $35k from the G-League like Bazley was originally planning to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom