Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep-calm-and-cuse-on-9.jpg

So using the logic it is too far away I suppose SU should stop recruiting the west coast then? Each kid is different.

Not sure the distance really matters. 4 hour drive to Syracuse or 4 hour flight to Oregon. Neither is particularly easy or difficult.
One is more expensive for family and friends

One is more expensive for family and friends

You actually think someone is going to go to a school they like less and feel has a less chance of getting them to the NBA because of that? I don't.

How you do define a guy that was "never coming here?" We recruited King. He was a tristate kid. We offered him.

So if we don't land Quincy, will you say he "was never coming here" too?

You may very well be right in your assessment of King (I don't know). But it seems like it could also be used as a cop out for losing an east coast kid to Oregon?

How you do define a guy that was "never coming here?" We recruited King. He was a tristate kid. We offered him.

So if we don't land Quincy, will you say he "was never coming here" too?

You may very well be right in your assessment of King (I don't know). But it seems like it could also be used as a cop out for losing an east coast kid to Oregon?

On the flip side, you could argue it is also being used to prove we suck at recruiting or the sky is falling. Did we really get beat out on a kid who was never truly coming here, even if we did recruit them? It can go both ways.

On the flip side, you could argue it is also being used to prove we suck at recruiting or the sky is falling. Did we really get beat out on a kid who was never truly coming here, even if we did recruit them? It can go both ways.
Agreed. However, i certainly don't expect to see a post this time next year that Quincy"was never coming here." Because that would be a cop out and an excuse.

We don't all understand what is meant by "he was never coming here"? A kid could grow up loving SU. He could want to play at SU. He could look good in orange. But sometimes a kid is surrounded by people that point him in another direction that benefits those people more.

I think King trimmed his list from 8 where we once were, down to 4 or 5 schools with no SU.

I know the corruption is deep. But consider this...

If we get land Q (or any other guy) we've done great. If we lose Q it's not our fault because he got a bag. That defense may or may not be accurate (I don't know). But it's a line that conveniently can't be questioned, and skirts accountability off the staff. It gets old.

You actually think someone is going to go to a school they like less and feel has a less chance of getting them to the NBA because of that? I don't.
I think that there are a variety of different factors that determine what is best for each individual player. For some it’s the schools status. Others it’s the coaches or location near home and many others. There are many many schools that can get you to the nba. If you are good enough they will find you. I doubt many are selecting schools they like less but rather there are many schools neck and neck and individual preferences become deciding factors. I personally would prefer to play in front of family and friends and the closer I am to home the more the likelihood they will be able to travel to the game without going broke

Wait, so just because the guy is visiting Oregon it's a done deal he is going there? Really? Is this a Cuse board or jealous girlfriend forum? Just because a kid doesn't spend all his time talking about or visiting only Syracuse does doom us from that kid choosing us...

Not one person said Quincy was going to Oregon. Boy does reading comprehension need to improve on this board.

Ok I stand corrected. I thought he was referring to me. In orangefan1's defense, many posters have suggested that we could wind up losing Akok, and possibly Girard to BC. People write in absolutes all the time on this board. Several insiders have made some pretty bold predictions about this class. He should've written he was concerned about losing out on these guys. But truth be told, he's only getting called out for it because what he's saying isn't flattering.

Last edited:
Ok I stand corrected. I thought he was referring to me. In orangefan1's defense, many posters have suggested that we could wind up losing Akok, and possibly Girard to BC. People write in absolutes all the time on this board. Several insiders have made some pretty bold predictions about this class. He should've written he was concerned about losing out on these guys. But truth be told, he's only getting called out for it because what he's saying isn't flattering.

Ok for the record I will clear it up...I would be disappointed to lose these guys to Oregon and BC. Also, I like many of you am a very big fan. To see us work so hard and be left with guys we have to more or less scramble for has been happening it seems a lot more. It doesn’t mean they haven’t been good however I’d prefer that we get the recruits we target first. Also, I love GMac but he hasn’t shown (at least in my opinion) an ability to consistently nail down recruits he targets. It doesn’t mean I’ve lost faith in him as a recruiter because eventually (I’m hopeful)it will turn our way but it’s when it will happen is what I am wondering.

Ok for the record I will clear it up...I would be disappointed to lose these guys to Oregon and BC. Also, I like many of you am a very big fan. To see us work so hard and be left with guys we have to more or less scramble for has been happening it seems a lot more. It doesn’t mean they haven’t been good however I’d prefer that we get the recruits we target first. Also, I love GMac but he hasn’t shown (at least in my opinion) an ability to consistently nail down recruits he targets. It doesn’t mean I’ve lost faith in him as a recruiter because eventually (I’m hopeful)it will turn our way but it’s when it will happen is what I am wondering.

You're ok. What others think of you is none of your business. We all want the same thing. A successful team that routinely competes for ACC championships and Final Four contention.

To be fair I got a bag the day I came for my official visit at syracuse. It was a very nice white bag full of materials and some small gifts from the University and the engineering school. It probably is not as nice as the bag these athletes get at other schools but I was impressed as a potential student.

Status
Not open for further replies.