Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys this is not a surprise...Oregon has been one of the contenders from the start. Im sure he will be taking a few officials in a timely fashion then making a decision. Hes unofficially visited us last year so I'm sure he will take a official with us sometime after the Oregon visit. Going through the motions here and doing his due diligence. Oregon is definitely the main threat to us I would think.

According to this his visit will be on 9/6...thought it would be sooner. Wonder if he will do any visits before this one. Article says it will be updated with quotes later. Funny how they mention a few schools and not even us. Fricken ducks.

According to this his visit will be on 9/6...thought it would be sooner. Wonder if he will do any visits before this one. Article says it will be updated with quotes later. Funny how they mention a few schools and not even us. Fricken ducks.

That would be extremely disappointing if we are no longer in the mix. Would be hard to believe though and I know Oregon was on him first. They have really good Canada connects. Altman is a high energy coach, too. I checked on Quinones and we aren’t even listed on the site as in the mix. Arizona/Xavier/Duke/UCLA as all ‘warm.’

One of those options is substantially more expensive for parents than the other.

It's negligible in the long run. Especially with the side cash that flows throughout college bball.

Fanbases and the national media overate the official visit. Everytime someone is scheduled to visit somewhere the y’all is that that kid is going there now, just for the OV to pass and the kid moves on to other OV’s and other stuff.

And for Quinones, don’t worry about our chances because if we offer we’ll be right at the top of his list. He loves us, look back on his mentions of us throughout the cycle.

It's negligible in the long run. Especially with the side cash that flows throughout college bball.

I suppose that if Quincy's family gets an illegal bag of money, per your example, then the financial pain of having to buy a bunch of plane tickets to travel to watch him play is probably lessened.

But on the off-chance that his family doesn't take a bribe to steer the kid to a specific school, then its far from negligible.

Last edited:
That would be extremely disappointing if we are no longer in the mix. Would be hard to believe though and I know Oregon was on him first. They have really good Canada connects. Altman is a high energy coach, too. I checked on Quinones and we aren’t even listed on the site as in the mix. Arizona/Xavier/Duke/UCLA as all ‘warm.’
Oh we are definitely in the mix...just funny how writers for other schools leave out other schools that are considered one of the favorites.

Couple of thought on this... if proximity were such a huge factor we would have Girard and Stewart locked in already. Not sure why everyone on here believes Canadian kids are any different from American kids in how close they need to be to home.

Better question is why everyone assumes proximity to Home is always an advantage? Every kid is different.

I suppose that if Quincy's family gets an illegal bag of money, per your example, then the financial pain of having to buy a bunch of plane tickets to travel to watch him play is probably lessened.

But on the off-chance that his family doesn't take a bribe to steer the kid to a specific school, then its far from negligible.

Looks like its about $400 RT from Montreal to Portland. He's already been playing all over the country with AAU. It's really not a big deal whatsoever if his folks make the trip 4 or 5 times a year. Considering his scholarship and stipend money, it is pretty negligible. Really don't see it being a factor in where a kid chooses. Not going to choose a school he likes less because his parents will be able to watch him 8 times instead of 4.

Looks like its about $400 RT from Montreal to Portland. He's already been playing all over the country with AAU. It's really not a big deal whatsoever if his folks make the trip 4 or 5 times a year. Considering his scholarship and stipend money, it is pretty negligible. Really don't see it being a factor in where a kid chooses. Not going to choose a school he likes less because his parents will be able to watch him 8 times instead of 4.

It's easy to spend other people's money for them.

Still not following your logic behind saying it's "negligible" -- I doubt that Guerrier would be paying for them to fly to come see him out of his stipend. Maybe the family has the financial wherewithal to make such trips, maybe they don't. But four hours in the car vs. four hours via plane ride are not equivalent in terms of cost.

Having his parents see him play might factor into his decision; then again, it might not. I don't put much stock in baseless speculation about what is and what isn't important to a recruit vis a vis his choice of school. They all use different evaluative criteria.

Guys this is not a surprise...Oregon has been one of the contenders from the start. Im sure he will be taking a few officials in a timely fashion then making a decision. Hes unofficially visited us last year so I'm sure he will take a official with us sometime after the Oregon visit. Going through the motions here and doing his due diligence. Oregon is definitely the main threat to us I would think.

correct

I really want to land Quincy but I don't discount Oregon. We recruited Louis King last year (a Jersey kid) and Oregon nabbed him. They also landed Bol Bol. They're recruiting off the charts, and I suspect we know why. Definitely a reason to have concern.

I really want to land Quincy but I don't discount Oregon. We recruited Louis King last year (a Jersey kid) and Oregon nabbed him. They also landed Bol Bol. They're recruiting off the charts, and I suspect we know why. Definitely a reason to have concern.

Even if no bags they are a good program. Attractive system. Good coaches and the facilities are near the top if not the top. The Matthew Knight Center is freaking sick although I don’t care for that floor. E8 in 2016 and F4 in 2017 when losing their C and best defensive player.

Even if no bags they are a good program. Attractive system. Good coaches and the facilities are near the top if not the top. The Matthew Knight Center is freaking sick although I don’t care for that floor. E8 in 2016 and F4 in 2017 when losing their C and best defensive player.
Yes, they are a legitimate threat. I hope geography helps us in this case.

everyone remain calm , all good
1533951890210.jpeg

Not sure the distance really matters. 4 hour drive to Syracuse or 4 hour flight to Oregon. Neither is particularly easy or difficult.
I doubt there are any direct flights from Montreal to Eugene Oregon. And a cross continental flight is more than 4 hours.

most of what you are saying i agree with and is accurate, but they did not nab King from us, that's all i can say

Status
Not open for further replies.