Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Guerriers game and actually preferred him to Whitney because of his shooting (however it seems like Whitney really improved in this area), I think he would thrive here and have the ability to be 1/1 and a half and done.

? Assuming Dreaming to be correct, will he await a decision until after early signing, so as to not scare off any other recruits?

every time i see a south carolina gamecocks logo, i do a double take, thinking it's the cortland state red dragons
mqdefault.jpg

Sounds like visits will be set up pretty quick with a decision shortly after.

"Guerrier is currently scheduling visits for the coming weeks, and a decision will have to be made much earlier than others in his class due to his early enrollment."

Good -- doesn't sound like we'll have to wait long, no matter which direction this recruitment goes.

Consider me sold on Quincy. Impressive recruit, and "under the radar" a bit because he's from the other side of that imaginary US/Canada line.

Pretty much since we offered back in 2017 posts in this thread have indicated that Syracuse is his leader (or he would even commit if allowed to). He's said some pretty good things about SU too...this is from a July 2018 article that was posted, but I didn't see his SU-related comments discussed:

"A lot of high major schools are in the mix for him. He mentioned some of the schools that have been contacting him consistently.

“Vanderbilt, Syracuse, Oregon, NC State, Illinois, Xavier, Virginia Tech and a lot more,” Guerrier said.

The Syracuse Orange are actively recruiting Guerrier and have had him on an unofficial visit.

“I went on an unofficial visit to Syracuse,” said Guerrier. “NBA player Carmelo Anthony went there, they have a good facility and its close from Canada.”

The Oregon Ducks have been recruiting him longer than any other school. With him being close with former Oregon standout Chris Boucher, he is familiar with the program.

“Oregon was the first school to offer me,” he said. “My friend Chris Boucher went there and he liked it. They have good coaches with Dana Altman there. I like their system with how they play five out and with a lot of energy.”"

Let's break down some of his comments/compliments:

"NBA player Carmelo Anthony went there" - That's awesome to hear kids are still starry-eyed about Melo. Growing up in Montreal its very possible that SU Hoops is reported on & (somewhat) "followed" there, being (somewhat) close to Syracuse, the city.

"they have a good facility" - Also good to hear that the Melo Center makes a good impression on recruits. Doing what it's supposed to do.

"it's close from Canada." - Yep, this matters. To the vast majority of recruits, distance from home plays a big part in the decision. Consider the three main options...

Montreal to Syracuse - 4 hours, 24 mins (253 miles)

Montreal to Nashville, TN (Vandy) - 17 hours, 22 mins (1,095 miles)

Montreal to Eugene, OR (Oregon) - 46 hours, 54 mins (2,972 miles)

Yeah, I'd say SU has a little advantage here...

Other considerations:

Adrian Autry is his primary recruiter, and he has developed a great relationship with Guerrier's AAU Team, CIA Bounce...

CIA Bounce's Head Coach/Director is none other than Tony McIntyre...who just so happens to be father to one Tyler Ennis...

JB, Autry & the other coaches have done a great job making sure they are front & center at most, if not close to all of Quincy's AAU games...

Another great sign? The fact that Quincy Guerrier has taken exactly one college visit so far. He took an unofficial to Syracuse (June 2017), with his high school even tweeting out a pic of Quincy in the Dome...

And, possibly most significant of all...the fact that Quincy almost always lists SU first when providing his lists to media. (As SUOrangeSU often points out!)

Conclusion?

Got to feel good about this one. Now we need to close it out.

Final consideration:

With Quincy due to enroll mid-season, IF he wanted to play (instead of red shirt), could/would he get any minutes & be effective?

With OB & Marek penciled in as starters at Forward positions, and Hughes being an important 6th man...it seems that minutes would be difficult to come by after these 3 players - right? I'd imagine Guerrier would be competing with Braswell for any available minutes? Could he be effective in such a role?

This may all be for naught, however, since Quincy has indicated he is perfectly fine with red shirting instead. In which case...welcome to SU's 2019-2020 roster as a key player to bring the scoring/energy/rebounding that this team often needs.

Last edited:
If Hughes is a good as advertised, I wonder who the starting 5 will be. Gonna be hard to keep him off the court

If Hughes is a good as advertised, I wonder who the starting 5 will be. Gonna be hard to keep him off the court
I like the idea of Hughes as a 6th Man, coming off the bench as an offensive sparks la Dion, Kris Joseph and James Southerland.

Hope that QG chooses Cuse and decides to redshirt.

Last edited:
Consider me sold on Quincy. Impressive recruit, and "under the radar" a bit because he's from the other side of that imaginary US/Canada line.

Pretty much since we offered back in 2017 posts in this thread have indicated that Syracuse is his leader (or he would even commit if allowed to). He's said some pretty good things about SU too...this is from a July 2018 article that was posted, but I didn't see his SU-related comments discussed:

"A lot of high major schools are in the mix for him. He mentioned some of the schools that have been contacting him consistently.

“Vanderbilt, Syracuse, Oregon, NC State, Illinois, Xavier, Virginia Tech and a lot more,” Guerrier said.

The Syracuse Orange are actively recruiting Guerrier and have had him on an unofficial visit.

“I went on an unofficial visit to Syracuse,” said Guerrier. “NBA player Carmelo Anthony went there, they have a good facility and its close from Canada.”

The Oregon Ducks have been recruiting him longer than any other school. With him being close with former Oregon standout Chris Boucher, he is familiar with the program.

“Oregon was the first school to offer me,” he said. “My friend Chris Boucher went there and he liked it. They have good coaches with Dana Altman there. I like their system with how they play five out and with a lot of energy.”"

Let's break down some of his comments/compliments:

"NBA player Carmelo Anthony went there" - That's awesome to hear kids are still starry-eyed about Melo. Growing up in Montreal its very possible that SU Hoops is reported on & (somewhat) "followed" there, being (somewhat) close to Syracuse, the city.

"they have a good facility" - Also good to hear that the Melo Center makes a good impression on recruits. Doing what it's supposed to do.

"it's close from Canada." - Yep, this matters. To the vast majority of recruits, distance from home plays a big part in the decision. Consider the three main options...

Other considerations:

Adrian Autry is his primary recruiter, and he has developed a great relationship with Guerrier's AAU Team, CIA Bounce...

CIA Bounce's Head Coach/Director is none other than Tony McIntyre...who just so happens to be father to one Tyler Ennis...

JB, Autry & the other coaches have done a great job making sure they are front & center at most, if not close to all of Quincy's AAU games...

Another great sign? The fact that Quincy Guerrier has taken exactly one college visit so far. He took an unofficial to Syracuse (June 2017), with his high school even tweeting out a pic of Quincy in the Dome...

And, possibly most significant of all...the fact that Quincy almost always lists SU first when providing his lists to media. (As SUOrangeSU often points out!)

Conclusion?

Got to feel good about this one. Now we need to close it out.

Final consideration:

With Quincy due to enroll mid-season, IF he wanted to play (instead of red shirt), could/would he get any minutes & be effective?

With OB & Marek penciled in as starters at Forward positions, and Hughes being an important 6th man...it seems that minutes would be difficult to come by after these 3 players - right? I'd imagine Guerrier would be competing with Braswell for any available minutes? Could he be effective in such a role?

This may all be for naught, however, since Quincy has indicated he is perfectly fine with red shirting instead. In which case...welcome to SU's 2019-2020 roster as a key player to bring the scoring/energy/rebounding that this team often needs.

Not sure the distance really matters. 4 hour drive to Syracuse or 4 hour flight to Oregon. Neither is particularly easy or difficult.

Not sure the distance really matters. 4 hour drive to Syracuse or 4 hour flight to Oregon. Neither is particularly easy or difficult.

One of those options is substantially more expensive for parents than the other.

Crystal Meth ball has him trending to Oregon. 2 votes so far.

Where is SU Dreaming to make me feel better?

Last edited:
These are strange times losing recruits to the likes of Boston College and Oregon.

Couple of thought on this... if proximity were such a huge factor we would have Girard and Stewart locked in already. Not sure why everyone on here believes Canadian kids are any different from American kids in how close they need to be to home

He doesn't actually play for CIA Bounce but suits up for Brookwood Elite which is an Adidas team from Montreal. CIA is a Nike team from Toronto. Not sure if the shoe company makes a huge deal but just food for though.

Other considerations:

]

Status
Not open for further replies.