Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had to guest right now, what do you think will be our 2019 class? I would guess Akok, Goodine, JGIII, Guerrier, Wahab and one other once the dust settles after some players leave early. I won't hold you to what your answer is because as we all know when you are dealing with high school kids things change. But what is your gut telling you? By the way if we were to get a class like this, it would be one hell of a haul.
5 man class would be nice. A 5 man or a 6 man class may lead to someone transferring prior to their sophomore season due to lack of playing time. Plus a five man class leaves at least one scholarship available for 2019-2020 season.

5 man class would be nice. A 5 man or a 6 man class may lead to someone transferring prior to their sophomore season due to lack of playing time. Plus a five man class leaves at least one scholarship available for 2019-2020 season.
on the other hand, a 5-6 player class is a hedge against one or more players leaving earlier than expected for the nba draft.

i think of jgiii is a hedge against guerrier and jba as a hedge against qudus

So, I know that there are different recruiting services and analysts and they are all subjective. One service has Guerrier as 67% going to Oregon and 33% going to Syracuse. Another one has Ajak as 100% going to Villanova. Granted these are just point in time predictions.

So, I know that there are different recruiting services and analysts and they are all subjective. One service has Guerrier as 67% going to Oregon and 33% going to Syracuse. Another one has Ajak as 100% going to Villanova. Granted these are just point in time predictions.
The Ajak prediction is 100% Nova based on only one opinion (Andrew Slater), and that was very early in the process (back in April). I think those services are, as you stated, very subjective, and most of the guys flip guesses a lot. If I had to guess, I think Nova has moved on from Ajak. I think we have a excellent chance at landing him if some of the other bigs don't pan out. Guerrier I think is close. I can see him going to Oregon, but I can see him at SU too. I wouldn't put much stock in those prediction sites.

Last edited:
The Ajak prediction is 100% Nova based on only one opinion (Andrew Slater), and that was very early in the process (back in April). I think those services are, as you stated, very subjective, and most of the guys flip guesses a lot. If I had to guess, I think Nova has moved on from Ajak. I think we have a excellent chance at landing him if some of the other bigs don't pan out. Guerrier I think is close. I can see him going to Oregon, but I can see him at SU too. I wouldn't put much stock in those prediction sites.
After the Golden prediction this past spring, I do not put a lot of stock in the predictions. They are however snapshots of intent/guesses that are one of the bases to interpret. Someone early stated Syracuse picked up prediction for QG. That is just one data point to interpret.

The Golden recruitment was anyone’s guess

FWIW, Crystal Ball from a known service has him 100% to Oregon. Hopefully, that will change when he comes to visit later this month.

Really need to close on this one.

Agreed. Not another kid we are going after that could have the immediate impact on this program that he could, IMO.

And with the expected losses of Battle, Howard & Brissett (at minimum), we need at least one or two guys that are going to be able to play a lot of minutes at a high level right away.

Agreed. Not another kid we are going after that could have the immediate impact on this program that he could, IMO.

And with the expected losses of Battle, Howard & Brissett (at minimum), we need at least one or two guys that are going to be able to play a lot of minutes at a high level right away.
i personally think akok is the bigger get, but if su lands at least one of akok & quincy, then it will be an ace class

i personally think akok is the bigger get, but if su lands at least one of akok & quincy, then it will be an ace class

Akok has more upside but Quincy is more ready now.

Quincy has been posting on his IG story his trip to oregon...one thing I will say is they sure do have some awesome facilities. Gotta be impressive as a recruit to see all they offer. Let's hope he wants to be at a winning program playing for a hof coach in front of the best college basketball fans in the country!

funny tidbit from quincys IG story was in the background you can hear whoever is giving him his tour, "so when it comes to shoes guys just dont buy shoes we have plenty of shoes for you." Pushing the apparel perks hard.

funny tidbit from quincys IG story was in the background you can hear whoever is giving him his tour, "so when it comes to shoes guys just dont buy shoes we have plenty of shoes for you." Pushing the apparel perks hard.
They are not kidding. Jesuit HS in Portland is connected to Knight somehow and they have the facilities of division 2 university. If you play sports you sign something that says you wear only Nike when at school events. They give you free everything. It’s crazy.

Kris Joseph with some great comments as well

OrangeMaNPD- good pickup on KJ....one of the reasons to be bullish, they go way way back, Oregon can give him Nike, we can give him the prime time spotlight, The NBA and he would take Oshae’s spot.

He has been on campus before, Most recent visit was to SU in June of 2017.

Based on what I am hearing, we r in good shape, but u just never know.
What I’m getting is the same info for longtime now, he’s been SU lean , so, My bet is he will be on campus 2nd semester and I can see our class for 2019-2020 will be the 4 below and hopefully Akok, haven’t heard anything on Akok for a month now, so pushing him aside

Goodine
Girard
Stewart
Guerrier

OrangeMaNPD- good pickup on KJ...one of the reasons to be bullish, they go way way back, Oregon can give him Nike, we can give him the prime time spotlight, The NBA and he would take Oshae’s spot.

What I’m getting is the same info for longtime now, he’s been SU lean , so, My bet is he will be on campus 2nd semester and I can see our class for 2019-2020 will be the 4 below and hopefully Akok, haven’t heard anything on Akok for a month now, so pushing him aside

Goodine
Girard
Stewart
Guerrier
Yeah, you are going to be asked to clarify your position and what you’ve heard on Stewart.

OrangeMaNPD- good pickup on KJ...one of the reasons to be bullish, they go way way back, Oregon can give him Nike, we can give him the prime time spotlight, The NBA and he would take Oshae’s spot.

Goodine
Girard
Stewart
Guerrier
Monster class

That would be a ridiculously good class without akok...but with akok thats just nuts! I hope your right but I'm not sure that Stewart ends up at cuse...and I would love to be wrong about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.